Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

I listen to his show almost every day, yes he is paid by Callaway and not too long ago he was paid by TMAG, I get it, though as confirmed he was bashing our testing and basically said there is no way it's longer than any other ball he did bring up the point as we all already know that this could change the ball industry, he is certainly a snake oil salesman, he will and does peddle anything that will pay him, and he has a big following, fortunately it is very easy to speak to him if you tune into his show, basically any golf show on Sirius XM is easy to get onto I have talked to a lot of them including Hank, and indeed he is a respectable person and as in today's example willing to hear others opinions, tomorrow will be interesting for sure of a lot of spy's tune in and call.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

These balls are live again on Costco.com  FOR $15/doz.....  

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

This is the most Unpresidented thing that I have ever witnessed in the golf business.  

These are GOLF BALLS.  

They Might Be SLIGHTLY better than your premium ball of choice.  At $15/doz it is an easy equation.   At $48/doz....... I have to question some peoples sanity.

... I have found some consistency issues with the KS concerning feel/sound. But I hit my longest drive and tied my career low with a KS this summer so for $14.99 it is really a no brainer. For $25.99 it is still in the discussion. Above $30 and I am buying several other balls at year end sales for the same price. I'll buy 2 dozen Z Star's for $60 overtime over the KS. 

... And Fwiw, the KS's are back on line and available. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... I have found some consistency issues with the KS concerning feel/sound. 

I was wondering how the QC would be on a product like this...  Consistency is really key, especially from ball to ball...  

For $15 a doz, I will find out.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Yeah, they are back in stock; they were still in my shopping cart from yesterday, but the Costco website would let me pay for them!  Kept getting a Generic Error.  Called the Help line and got the order placed over the phone.  Not a good experience for my first time ordering from Costco.com

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Yeah, they are back in stock; they were still in my shopping cart from yesterday, but the Costco website would let me pay for them! Kept getting a Generic Error. Called the Help line and got the order placed over the phone. Not a good experience for my first time ordering from Costco.com

Same thing happened to me yesterday, I also called but unfortunately they were apparently sold out at the time, the person I spoke to on the phone claimed that so many people were ordering the balls at the same time that it was putting stress on their servers and causing ordering issues, so ultimately they did not sell out and it seems as if they did experience a larger than normal surge in ordering, more than they typically can handle.

I am guessing about this (very unscientifically) But I suspect that costco.com is a very small part of the total sales of the Costco empire. Creating and maintaining a smooth and reliable online shopping experience is no easy task, especially when your site is getting hit with 100X its normal volume in a very short time period.  They will probably get this figured out in the long term...  

Just listened to the show and have some comments.  

Was the test scientific...yes,  was it ideal...no.  

With regards to all balls travel the same distance:  The USGA tests on Iron Byron using a swing speed of 120 MPH

http://www.usga.org/videos/2015/03/06/testing-golf-balls-for-conformance-4098088465001.html  and it cannot travel more than 317 yards.   If I were a ball designer I would design for that test to say I meet the limit but how many of us have 120MPH swing speed?

The variables and characteristics that Haney doesn't account for is swing speed and spin.   We all know a ball that spins more will travel less distance.   Finding the optimal launch conditions for your swing speed will maximize distance for you.    The swing speeds for the test were 90-100 MPH.  Perhaps the Pro V1 doesn't perform well at that swing range.  Here is another ball that beat the Pro V1 by about 10 yards https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls/?v=#C4  Swing speed on Iron Byron for that test was 98.7 MPH http://www.mggolf.com/C4data/C4TestData.pdf

Additionally if you look at the following website http://www.golfballtest.org/gbt-certified-golf-ball-ratings/  they have ratings for high and low swing speeds and if Haney's assertion was correct they charts would be identical since "all golf balls travel the same distance".

Ultimately Haney is right about one thing,  find the ball that works best for you.  

Can't wait to listen tomorrow!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Hank literally rambles for 45 minutes about our test and how unscientific it is. He's straight up giggling on air about it, says we're crazy and any who believes a ball goes 10 yards further is nuts.

and then he plugs Cally Steelhead irons saying anyone who tests or hits them comes to him and says "Hank, you were right, they blow everything away"

He really comes off as an ass during all this, it's pretty sad.

I was going to post the exact same comment about his promotion of the Steelhead irons.

I have a conference call tomorrow at 10:00 wouldn't you know it. But I'll be listening to it in the archive for sure.

Can't wait to hear it. Great publicity for MGS. Better staff up the membership phone line. Ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

This is fun. How does robot testing benefit the consumer???? Answer.....it doesn't. Hell, robot testing doesn't even help the pros. And to say "all balls" go the same distance is just asinine, (since he is a Cally shill) I hit a Chrome+ at least 15yds further than a Super Soft.

Will definitely be listening to XM tomorrow at 10....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

If someone does call in, ask Hank how many robots he's given lessons to. Robots don't play golf, we mere mortals do.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

WOW!!!! Michel Breed on now teeing this up and talking about balls and MGS test and how it's not a valid test, he is asking for someone at MGS to call in, on now till 10:00am!!! OMG this has Blowwwwwwn UPpppp!!

Again telling MGS to get an iron Byron and do test that way and that is the only valid test, saying MGS is skewing the results!!!!! Cherry picking results!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully the golf ball manufacturers get a hint and understand that consumers will stop paying 320% markup over a competitor that yields similar results. As an engineer, you do not need robots to conduct valid tests. I haven't heard what these guys are saying, but I do not think they are qualified to make those types of claims. If Costco can keep these things in stock and reasonably priced, the others will need to drop their prices to stay competitive. It will be interesting to see if Costco keeps the price point where it is or raises it based off the insane demand. If that happens, it was all for not.

Dumb question. We keep hearing to use an iron Byron to test balls for distance because it uses the same swing. Yet we are supposed to select balls based on spin around the green using our own swing. Based on our own swing not being valid for distance why is our own swing valid for the short game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Imagine that, guys who are getting paid by companies ( Breed -Titleist, Haney- Callaway) are trying to stop the hype of a product that may be just as good for a whole lot cheaper. 

I saw some "pro" tweet that seeing Kirkland on a ball did not "inspire" him like seeing Titleist does. Really? A name brand/logo inspire you to play golf?

I do think they hype for this ball is beyond crazy, people buying tons of stock, I am guilty because who knows if Costco will be able to meet the demand. But I think the ball 1) suits my game  very well and 2) you cant beat the price if the ball suits your game.

I do find it funny that Breed preaches getting fit and finding what is right for your game, then slams a legit product he probably never has nor never would try.

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

• SPY VIP

Imagine that, guys who are getting paid by companies ( Breed -Titleist, Haney- Callaway) are trying to stop the hype of a product that may be just as good for a whole lot cheaper.

I saw some "pro" tweet that seeing Kirkland on a ball did not "inspire" him like seeing Titleist does. Really? A name brand/logo inspire you to play golf?

I do think they hype for this ball is beyond crazy, people buying tons of stock, I am guilty because who knows if Costco will be able to meet the demand. But I think the ball 1) suits my game very well and 2) you cant beat the price if the ball suits your game.

I do find it funny that Breed preaches getting fit and finding what is right for your game, then slams a legit product he probably never has nor never would try.

Please call in

- sent from space

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I'm really looking forward to this conversation. I really hope Hank gives X the proper time to explain his testing and findings and can have somewhat of an open mind. I'd imagine he wont do this, but I hate listening to radio shows where the host will allow the person who challenges his position on a subject to come on the show and then just talks over him the whole time and basically hangs up on him saying they're out of time. Accomplishes nothing.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Breed just said the conversation continues on Kirkland and they're taking calls after this break. Whose calling in?

If I could I would. I think the big guys are scared at the moment. and If Bubba really goes to Volvik, watch out.

To play golf has become so expensive, greens fees are around $65 on the weekend on average I would guess.

I am fortunate enough to be able to belong to a club, but I still try and find the best deals possible, heck I even joined my club on a promotional deal.

Anyone who loves golf should be happy about this. A solid product at a good price will only help other areas, lessons, greens fees, other equipment. The ball saving will trickle into those other areas.

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

MGS X on Michael Breed right now explaining his testing.

Please call in

- sent from space

Someone get me the number

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I will give Breed credit so far. He is allowing X to speak and is asking good questions.

What's the number?, I'll call...

Driver              SLDR TP 10.5* with Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI 60 Tour X, 44.25"

3W                  Ping G25 with Diamana White Board D+ 82X, 42.5", tipped .5"

Driving Iron     Callaway X Prototype Utility with Tour AD DI 105X

Irons               4-P Callaway Tour Authentic Prototype with KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges          Cleveland RTX-588 46, 50, 54, 58 with True Temper DG Tour X100

Putter              Odyssey White Hot Pro Tour V-Line with Super Stroke 1.0 Pistol GT Tour, 33.25"

Golf Ball          Kirkland Signatures and Chrome Soft 2016

Haney is REALLY back pedaling right now.....He's really fumbling around.