TESTERS WANTED! ×

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Wow initial reviews seem really good. Thinking I will have to order them now and get them on trackman against the Pro v1 and Nike RZN Tour Platinum 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I was very happy with the ball today as well. Long and straight. Back nine had a lot of wins and the ball kept its line. Good piercing flight. I also love the snell mtb, the Kirkland is a. It firmer than I like, but at the price I really won't complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

I'm sometimes a huge cheater and drive a cheaper ball (Nike PD Long or Snell Get Sum) and then will switch to a better ball (like an MTB) if I'm hitting a wedge shot. I realize that isn't exactly tournament legal, but I'm very much a novice and I think it helps me. My friends don't complain because I don't tell them :)

... I think there are 3 types of golf. Tournament golf. Serious recreational golf. And fun golf. If you are keeping a handicap you most likely play serious recreational golf and switching out balls is against the rules of course. But why not if you are just playing for fun? I certainly would not call it cheating, just a novice learning how to play the game. 

... That said, I do think most todays premium balls are just as long off the tee as distance rocks. If it is a "I don't wanna lose an expensive ball off the tee" I get that. But the Kirkland Signature is probably cheaper than economy balls. In the end, using the same ball will help you improve imo ...

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

First round in the books - gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. Without data the best I can do is give impressions and opinions based on just one round.

That said, the ball has plenty of length- it certainly doesn't have any less distance than the big names. It didn't seem overly hard to me - not as soft as any of Wilson's offerings (none are), but it definitely in the B330 neighborhood.

Was very surprised by spin - spun one approach backwards about 8 feet - a couple of others had very nice hop and stop spin. Gotta add I was playing Hogan's with C-Tapers - not exactly a high spin wedge shaft.

Be interested to compare the Kirkland to my other favorites - Bridgestone B330, Srixon Z-Star and Wilson Duo-U. I've bee fit into the B330 and really, really like it. That said, I've already bought another 2 dozen Kirklands

And this may be heresy - but the Snell balls never really did anything for me. It's a nice ball, but I never did see what all the fuss was about. But then again, folks seem to compare it to the ProV, which I've never really liked either.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Can't really say, other than it' seems fairly similar to the Z Star. It seems very similar to the. 330.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm really pumped to try these Kirkland's. There's a Costco opening in our city November 8th so I'll have to pick up a few dozen (even if they are for the spring). I am always interested in spending less for golf balls that I send OB off the tee.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I'm really pumped to try these Kirkland's. There's a Costco opening in our city November 8th so I'll have to pick up a few dozen (even if they are for the spring). I am always interested in spending less for golf balls that I send OB off the tee.

I don't think they are in stores; only online, but I could be wrong.  Free shipping before Friday, so if you are going to get them, save money by ordering now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm beginning to think I might have a ball fetish/addiction. Seems every time a new or improved ball comes around I buy them. Some of the ones pictured I'll never play...ie, the HEX balls. Some I've been given for Christmas, birthdays, tournaments, etc. I even have more stacked out on my bag storage rack. I suppose to satisfy my golf addition buying balls are a relatively inexpensive way to get a fix. All told I have 19 dozen (or partial) dozen balls. Is that a problem?

20161016_093824.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm beginning to think I might have a ball fetish/addiction. Seems every time a new or improved ball comes around I buy them. Some of the ones pictured I'll never play...ie, the HEX balls. Some I've been given for Christmas, birthdays, tournaments, etc. I even have more stacked out on my bag storage rack. I suppose to satisfy my golf addition buying balls are a relatively inexpensive way to get a fix. All told I have 19 dozen (or partial) dozen balls. Is that a problem?

attachicon.gif20161016_093824.jpg

Yes!

I have the six dozen Snell Yellow Get Sum balls that I bought for my wife and I to play this winter (pretty sure we won't use them all); 2 sleeves of the Snell MTB left over from this summer, and a sleeve of PV1 that my wife's nephew gave me with his company's logo.  I also have the odd sleeves of balls that we got at some tournament we played 10 years ago.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

attachicon.gif20161016_093824.jpg

Plaid you sound like a ball ho!

... 19 dozen of the same ball or two different favorites is just stocking up. 19 dozen completely different kinds of performing golf balls might, might be a slight problem. ; ) 

Closer to the z star rather than the z star xv in terms of firmness?

... Finally got in a round with my KS. It was 10-15mph winds and the course was very soft. Performed very well in the wind, especially into the wind. Seemed to be as long as my other favorites the Z Star and TPx. Greenside spin was excellent, but again it was very soft so I will have to see what it is alike on firm and fast greens. 

... Loved everything about the ball, other than the feel off the putter. I have a Bettinardi BB2, old school blade 8802 style putter and the Z Star seems to melt into the face. Love the feel of that ball on the greens. The TPx is about as hard as I am comfortable using. The KS is very hard off the putter and I find that very disappointing. At $45 it would stop me from using it. At $29 I would try getting used to the feel by using it exclusively and try to get used to the harder feel. But at $15 the firmness off my putter is irrelevant considering all over aspects of it's performance is excellent based on one round in unusual conditions. Looking forward to playing it on more demanding greens.  

The race is on today.  UPS has my Ksig's out for delivery, but I have to leave the house at 2pm for a tee time.

I'm guessing they don't get here in time, but if they do I'll be sure to test them out against the Snell MTB.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

Good investigating, thanks Foz.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

x

I know it may be asking a lot, but any chance you could throw a ProV1-X and/or Snell MTB into that mix?

Please, please, please run this test!

And I think we have a winner on the nickname front - Ksig. Good call, Hckymeyer.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

kirklan-signature-bench-e1476155456744.p

Here's what I found on another site regarding compression and firmness. Looks like a clone of the Pro V1. And I'm ordering them...now. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

More research:

If the Kirkland Signature is made by Nassau Golf Co. of South Korea, they also make others:

Nassau Golf distributes high standard technology golf balls to Europe. Our golf balls are manufactured according to the latest technological developments in the Nassau factories situated in Seoul, South Korea. Our broad selection offers Nassau golf balls for each type of player and each type of golf course.

Come on, anybody ever heard or played these?  Quattro, Pro Cyber, Cyber, Plus & QX?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

... Another round with the Kirkland Signature today and I am very impressed. I do think it might be the longest ball into the wind I have played. Certainly as long, if not longer than my favorite Z Star and TPx. Had a chance to hit some green side pitches and chips today and the KS performed just like my 2 favorites. Had a difficult tight lie to a pin perched just over a ridge a few steps off the back of the green from about 10 feet off the green. Hit an aggressive pitch and it landed like a bean bag, probably rolling no less than an inch or two. I am amazed it feels so hard off the putter when the compression of the TPx is much higher but that is the only negative and mid way thru my second round with it I wasn't noticing it as much as I am getting used to the firm sound/feel. 

... As an aside, I am not sure if I have ever played a bogie free round before. I know both times I shot my lowest round, I had a bogie on the card. But I did so today with the KS. 3 Birdies and the rest pars. After only two rounds, I have complete confidence in the KS. 

Not me Foz. But I also looked on their site and didn't see any 4-pc urethane balls listed. Just the one you listed. I did however send an email asking about a ball such as the Ksig.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Well hell....

After reading that Chisag I think there is hope for my game still. At almost 62. Heh!

Seriously, I'm more than glad to hear your thoughts on this ball. It's a good one it seems. Like you it's a tad firm off the putter. Other that that I have no complaints right now.

By the way.... nice round. -3 with the Ksig!

Well hell....

After reading that Chisag I think there is hope for my game still. At almost 62. Heh!

Seriously, I'm more than glad to hear your thoughts on this ball. It's a good one it seems. Like you it's a tad firm off the putter. Other that that I have no complaints right now.

By the way.... nice round. -3 with the Ksig!

... Well PJ at 63 myself, our games are "maturing" like fine wines.  B)  (looking at my score card with necessary reading glasses)

... This will be interesting because I see the KS much more like the Srixon XV or the Chrome Speed and the Tour Preferred X as opposed to the ProV1. I am looking forward to the test results. 

As I expected the delivery came about 45 minutes after I finished my round today.   On the plus side I have 2 dozen Ksig's on the kitchen counter waiting to be played.  On the negative side it's towards the end of Oct in MN so not sure how much longer I'll get to play.  And even if I get to play in to Nov it's going to be cold and windy so not the best time to run ball tests.

2nd round in the books. Upper 70's in SE Massachusetts today, and the ball just flew. I'm very impressed with the length of the Kirkland. Gamed the Nike. Vapor Flex 440 and Hogan PTx irons and TK15 wedges. Long off the tee and spin on approach shots is equal to other premium balls I've gamed. Backed up a 41-iron (9-iron, more or less) about 12 feet from 140 yards. Pitch shots and chips were predictable and consistent.

$15 a dozen? Daddy like....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I got home from work yesterday and these were waiting for me. Also in the mailbox was a sleeve of Titleist proto type so I went out to the course. Low 60's front nine I played 3 balls every hole Titleist proto type looks like a ProV1x, K sign,and Wilson Duo U and teed off using honors from last hole. Gotta say I'm impressed the Kirkland straight whipped up on that Titleist. The titleist played much shorter than both the other two witb the Wilson being longest on most holes. I scored well with all three, with it least getting help from two water tee shots. 37 for Titleist, 35 for Ksig, 38 for Wilson. In the back I played each for 3 holes Ksig +2 on 10,11,12, Titleist even on 13,14,15 and Wilson +3 holes on 16, 17, 18. With the Ksig I did lose a ball on 12 that nasty have been in lace that would have been findable in summer months, but I want With sure so went back to the 2

Tee and that's where the +2 came in. 1476963607561.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"