Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

I agree, and tell people, it is comparable to the ProV1x.

The numbers in the review pretty much sum up how I felt about playing the ball.

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

Personally, I think it's more like the ProV1x, and even more like the TaylorMade TPX.  

I'm not a ProV fan anyway - so it's easy for me to like this ball a hell of a lot better...

To me it feels like a Srixon XV.  Took a couple of holes to get use to the feel off the putter, but after that everything about this ball is PREDICTABLE.....

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I read the review/test on the blog about the Ksig vs PV1. It's pretty much what I expected. I've been playing them since around mid-October when I got my first shipment. My initial finding was the ball is longer. I estimated at the time 5-8 yards. The MGS test was 9 yards longer. Works for me. Distance is the one thing I can't lose anymore of. Therefore and thanks to a fantastic golf ball sold at a discount warehouse club I've gained yardage. I couldn't do that with a new driver. I know because I tried last summer. As good as Titleist products are I'm calling BS on them with their PV1 balls. They're not ripping anybody off mind you. They're just charging a high price because people are willing to pay it. I'd do the same. 

I have one more request for MGS. Let's take this experiment a step further and test the Ksig ($15), PV1 ($48), and MG Tour ($20). And the winner is??

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This ball might be a very close copy of the Taylormade TP ball.  Made in the same ball factory in South Korea that TM uses for extra production capacity when needed. Pretty sure that the legal team at TM is looking in to it..    

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

To me it feels like a Srixon XV. Took a couple of holes to get use to the feel off the putter, but after that everything about this ball is PREDICTABLE.....

+1 on this. Totally agree.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I am sure Costco made sure the ball would not let them be sued by another company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putter- SeeMore FGP

I still think it's BS this ball is not available to Canadians (can't even get them to ship it here, despite my phone call and being very charming). Golf equipment retail in this country is a freaking joke. Every club is at least $100 more than it is in the US, if it's even available here. Total bullshit they won't ship the Ksig here, the only ball I can order at Costco is a Polara!!!

Rant over.

This ball sounds awesome, and it seems like something that will really help the consumer in the long run because it could force OEM's to re-evaluate their price points. If Costco can sell this ball at the price they do, those guys need to take a look at their production capabilities and techniques in order to compete. But Canadians will still pay $65 for a pack of 12 Pro V1's. Because Canada. I hope Trump wins (okay, no I don't....I didn't mean that, sorry)

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Guy at my course gave me one right before MGS announced the test. I messed around with it this past weekend comparing it to a Pro-V1x. Gotta say, I couldn't much tell the difference. The Pro-V1x probably feels a little better off the club, but I was getting the same distance and on short wedges around the green the Costco ball was behaving about the same. Very interesting.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

You have cheaper meds, so there is that :)

Putter- SeeMore FGP

There have been many small golf ball companies come and go; all trying to compete with the big boys for a little piece of the market, some listed here.  A few have been sued by Titleist.  But the Kirkland Signature ball is different.  Costco doesn't make golf balls.  The ball is made in Korea by a reputable golf ball manufacturer, and is branded and sold by Costco.  Personally, I think Titleist, and other golf company ball manufacturers as well, should be worried.  Costco is a marketing company and if the ball can legitimately compete with the ProV1 at a fraction of the cost, it could hurt sales of all the other top tour balls.  If this ball continues to be marketed by Costco at $15/dozen, the prices of other tour balls will have to drop.

I wonder what arrangements Costco has with Nassau Golf in Korea.  Nassau could be reaping huge benefits from this.  However, as with many Costco-branded items, they can quickly disappear or be replaced with a different product.  Time will tell, but I'm going with Costco staying with the Nassau ball (assuming there is a Nassau contract) and the price will go up a little.  It's understandable when you sell out of a product as quickly as they did with this ball.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There have been many small golf ball companies come and go; all trying to compete with the big boys for a little piece of the market, some listed here.  A few have been sued by Titleist.  But the Kirkland Signature ball is different.  Costco doesn't make golf balls.  The ball is made in Korea by a reputable golf ball manufacturer, and is branded and sold by Costco.  Personally, I think Titleist, and other golf company ball manufacturers as well, should be worried.  Costco is a marketing company and if the ball can legitimately compete with the ProV1 at a fraction of the cost, it could hurt sales of all the other top tour balls.  If this ball continues to be marketed by Costco at $15/dozen, the prices of other tour balls will have to drop.

I wonder what arrangements Costco has with Nassau Golf in Korea.  Nassau could be reaping huge benefits from this.  However, as with many Costco-branded items, they can quickly disappear or be replaced with a different product.  Time will tell, but I'm going with Costco staying with the Nassau ball (assuming there is a Nassau contract) and the price will go up a little.  It's understandable when you sell out of a product as quickly as they did with this ball.  

Website still says back in stock on or around 11/21.  If that is the case I'm very curious how quickly they sell out the 2nd time around.

The thing to remember with the Kirkland brand is that the product must be equal or better than it's competition and offer a savings.  There is some wiggle room at $15 a dozen, but I don't see them jacking up the price much.  It's far more worth it to Costco to have the price of these balls drive memberships than it is to eek out a couple more bucks margin on this single product.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

... Kenny B, I don't really see the KS competing with the ProV1. I do think they will take a bite out of every other brand though. Most ProV1 buyers do so for the prestige either personally or as a gift. When balls like the Lethal or Z Star go on sale or Snell and Vice sell for $25-30 and still don't make a dent in ProV1 sales, that tells you something. 

... Now at $15 a dozen the KS could take sales away from other Titlest balls like NXT, DT TRuesoft and Velocity but not ProV1's. . Time will tell. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Website still says back in stock on or around 11/21.  If that is the case I'm very curious how quickly they sell out the 2nd time around.

The thing to remember with the Kirkland brand is that the product must be equal or better than it's competition and offer a savings.  There is some wiggle room at $15 a dozen, but I don't see them jacking up the price much.  It's far more worth it to Costco to have the price of these balls drive memberships than it is to eek out a couple more bucks margin on this single product.

I think the highest we could see the price possibly go would be $48 for 2 dozen. That would bring it equal with the ProV price but you get twice the product. I don't think this will happen any time soon but I would guess that is the ceiling that Costco has on these money wise. 

I could see next year letting them creep closer to $35-40 for 2 dozen. Who knows though. 

Hopefully Costco keeps the price where it is and continues to sell them like hot cakes. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I think the highest we could see the price possibly go would be $48 for 2 dozen. That would bring it equal with the ProV price but you get twice the product. I don't think this will happen any time soon but I would guess that is the ceiling that Costco has on these money wise.

I could see next year letting them creep closer to $35-40 for 2 dozen. Who knows though.

Hopefully Costco keeps the price where it is and continues to sell them like hot cakes.

I work for Costco. The price will most likely stay the same because Costco doesn't mark anything up. They sell their goods for the same price they purchased them for.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I work for Costco. The price will most likely stay the same because Costco doesn't mark anything up. They sell their goods for the same price they purchased them for.

Thanks for the inside scoop Theo!

How does that work Theoo? If I sell Costco a can of beans for $1 and they don't add a markup where is Costos profit? Are they a charity club?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

How does that work Theoo? If I sell Costco a can of beans for $1 and they don't add a markup where is Costos profit? Are they a charity club?

I think it means the price is the price.  They don't increase price just because something is selling well.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

They make their money in the memberships

They also don't advertise, which was something I didn't know until I started working there.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I thought they operated on a cost + 10% model across the board. So typically high margin goods are really good deals, but low margin goods not so much.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I remember reading in the wall Street journal the mark-up is 8-10â„… only exception is the Kirkland brand which is 15â„….

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped in the closest Costco yesterday (70 miles away) just to see if there was a chance they had any. Nothing. To my surprise, the manager in the department didn't even know that they offered their own golf ball? I explained how highly rated the balls are and they could be the number one golf ball supplier in the world within a year and the manager didn't even seem to care? He said they had no plans of carrying them in the store. Guess I'll be ordering online.

Jumbo Elliott

:taylormade-small:  Special Edition M1  Fujikura Speeder 661 Tour Spec

:taylormade-small: SLDR Fairway 3-15 metal Fujikura Speeder 77 Stiff

:taylormade-small:   Hybrids Rescue'09 2&4 Aldila RE*AX 65 Stiff

:mizuno-small:          JPX850 Forged KBS Tour 120 Stiff

:cleveland-small:       588'12 Chrome 65

:cameron-small:         â€‹10th Anniversary Select Newport 1.5 33"

MSP Donator

Stopped in the closest Costco yesterday (70 miles away) just to see if there was a chance they had any. Nothing. To my surprise, the manager in the department didn't even know that they offered their own golf ball? I explained how highly rated the balls are and they could be the number one golf ball supplier in the world within a year and the manager didn't even seem to care? He said they had no plans of carrying them in the store. Guess I'll be ordering online.

They are only carrying them at a handful of stores across the US. The largest ones from what I read.

Not sure if this is accurate but it is what I read. 

Round last weekend played them again.

Temps started in the upper 40s and finished in the 60s.

Noticed more ball scuff during the round.

Anyone else play in cold temps and or notice a difference?

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Round last weekend played them again.

Temps started in the upper 40s and finished in the 60s.

Noticed more ball scuff during the round.

Anyone else play in cold temps and or notice a difference?

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Been using them for the last few rounds here in MN -- been in the mid 50's to maybe low 60's.  They seem to perform pretty well at those temps. I gamed a ProV today and the results were remarkably similar in the cooler temps.  Didn't notice any scuffing beyond what would be considered normal - but I can say for certain that they don't like cart paths or trees.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Guys you can add me to the list of people wanting to try these balls.

I absolutely love my Snell MTB and I read the article putting the ks against the prov1 but since a lot of us here are using Snell I would love a test done between ks and the Snell.

As for the type of ball a 15 hdp is using. I remember buying a load of prov1 balls on eBay and I was maybe a 10-12 hdcp at the time. I could barely keep the ball in play because it spun too much off the driver. I think if higher hdcpers want to really get into lower scores, they should always play the ball that they can control the best. At a 5.3 index, I need a ball that sits on the green. Granted I have used the get sum ball for practice and it's great it just doesn't sit on the Greens. Play the one that you can control the best and that keeps you in play than experiment once your swing gets better

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

... I think you have touched on one of the huge advantages of the KS. When playing a practice round and dropping multiple balls and attempting to hut different shots, it is brutal to lose a ball that cost $45 a dozen. I have always kept balls that hit cart paths, roots or just scuffed after several rounds in the "extra" pocket of my bag. But at $15 a dozen you can pull out new balls for practice rounds which are much more productive, especially the short game when you may chip 5 or 6 times and balls with big chunks or very abrasive scuff marks may perform differently. 

... Playing last week and had the course to myself so I was attempting to work out some fade issues that had been turning into slices, not fades. Tee'd up a second ball and attempted a fade into a 17mph wind where the spin would be exaggerated making a near perfect shot a necessity. Promptly curved a new KS over the fence 30 yds right of my target. Tee'd up a 3rd and corrected the flight. That was the only ball I lost and didn't feel too bad about it but really worked out some of the kinks in my fade game, which I rarely use but nice to have in the bag. 

... So not only is the KS a good gamer, it is an excellent practice ball. Especially considering a dozen ProV1x balls with PRACTICE written on them are twice the price. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Another Ksig comment...

Friday I played. It was windy and around 57. As far as I can tell the Ksig handled the wind and cooler weather just fine. It was challenging day in the wind for sure. Shot 80. The next day... yesterday; conditions were awesome but colder starting out. When we hit the first tee it was sunny, 48*, and no wind. Again I played a Ksig all day carding a 75. At the start of the round I was expecting the Ksig might feel a little firmer in the colder temps but I never got that impression. I was prepared to switch but played the same ball all day as temps rose to about 57*.