THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Birdiehunter17

Hyundai Genesis. Better than the BMW in every way other than aggressive handing and prestige. Had it for 4 years now and it is my favorite car and I plan on buying another next fall. 

Last year when I took my father to visit some of the ball companies in Korea during the Presidents Cup the Grand Hyatt at Incheon

was using the Genesis for their hotel limo service ,,,, I was impressed and yes youare right some people just want to buy the prestige

and believe the marketing without any questions ,,,,

They support certain brands like they support their favorite football team, with a heart felt passion ,,,  :wub:

• Like 1

Vision Golf Ball Concepts & Designs by The Atanak Co Australia (1980 - 2016)

I wonder how long it will take for the used golf ball market get their hands on enough of these to sell. Since they don't cost a lot new, I wonder what they would charge? 

Don't mind my dumb a$$.... I'm just thinking out loud.  :)

• Like 5

I would think this new Costco ball and the others to follow will absolutely flatten the used/lake and more importantly refinished

golf ball companies ,,,,, Costco will probably add a good quality 2 piece or 3 piece Surlyn model for 2 dozen at $19.95 next,,,,,,,

Why play used ,,,,, they wont even be worth fishing out of the dams,,,, in Australia we have described this type of cheap

retail pricing over the past 8 years by many ball companies as supplying balls at a cost that the recreational players dont

care about losing them any more,,, they buy balls to lose which used to be used ones now its new ones and you will find

more balls today in the rough around a course than ever,,,, players don't even bother to look too hard for a ProV1 if it's 9

or 18 holes old,,, they just reload and get going.

• Like 3

Who knows. Maybe the solution to slow play has been a $15/dozen tour ball all along!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Who knows. Maybe the solution to slow play has been a $15/dozen tour ball all along!!

1481854444207.jpg

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 4
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I would think this new Costco ball and the others to follow will absolutely flatten the used/lake and more importantly refinished

golf ball companies ,,,,, Costco will probably add a good quality 2 piece or 3 piece Surlyn model for 2 dozen at $19.95 next,,,,,,,

Why play used ,,,,, they wont even be worth fishing out of the dams,,,, in Australia we have described this type of cheap

retail pricing over the past 8 years by many ball companies as supplying balls at a cost that the recreational players dont

care about losing them any more,,, they buy balls to lose which used to be used ones now its new ones and you will find

more balls today in the rough around a course than ever,,,, players don't even bother to look too hard for a ProV1 if it's 9

or 18 holes old,,, they just reload and get going.

I believe you are correct re: used and lake balls.

I disagree w you re: Costco adding more balls. For them, they are providing a single product at a great price, no need to add any unnecessary competition. Generally, Costco carries one model of what they sell, and not a huge selection of different style of similar product.

• Like 1

Generally, Costco carries one model of what they sell, and not a huge selection of different style of similar product.

Do you think they will drop the Callaway and Titleist (HVC or HP model I thought?) lines they have been selling?

Do you think they will drop the Callaway and Titleist lines they have been selling?

That's the big question.  I think with how quickly the Kirklands have taken off I can see them dropping the others, but only if they can get enough stock to keep their stores supplied.

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Talking to Nassau they have gone quickly from having spare production capacity to being maxed out but they are going

to also increase their production ability in 2017 ,,, approx 100,000 dozen a month is going to Costco (info from a Korean

market source)

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons the Costco was cheaper to make as the normal cast process is slower and

as such more expensive ,,,like this Titleist cover being poured here ,,, Costco is a TPU injected approach

and they feel and sound different,,,, what is the difference worth to a retail amateur player ,,,, not as much

as it used to.

ProV1 cover 4.JPG

• Like 4

Do you think they will drop the Callaway and Titleist lines they have been selling?

That's the big question.  I think with how quickly the Kirklands have taken off I can see them dropping the others, but only if they can get enough stock to keep their stores supplied.

This. Depends on supply more than anything else.

I have never seen Titleist at Costco, but that does not mean much. I have seen Callaway, and I am pretty sure they will not be renewing that ball.

• Like 1

Does that mean Jack was right? 😎

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

As a follow up to a post I made yesterday regarding the packaging of the MG Tour C4 I thought I'd add a few of pictures. As you can see the MG balls are packaged in a slightly smaller box. It's flimsy and lightweight.  Notice also that the MG's are not individually packaged in sleeves like most balls including the Kirkland. On the back of both boxes there is much info about the ball design - features. The back of Kirkland box also lists various Costco international import and distributor locations. Along the bottom in bold it reads Made In Korea. The MG box has no info about origin but only the company contact info for MG Golf in Irving, TX. 

As far as overall play-ability of a poured (Titleist-more expensive) vs a TPU (Kirkland-MG cheaper) urethane cover I don't think I can tell the difference. Can you?

20161217_084302.jpg

20161217_085143.jpg

20161217_084855.jpg

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I can't tell... Someone at my local course plays the mg c4, and they lose a lot of balls! I can interchange them with the prov1's and not notice a change. If I ever have to buy balls, the mg c4 would be my ball.

• Like 3

I kinda get the package of the MG ball. Guessing it is a cost effective way to go. How much is saved, I have no clue.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 2
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

• SPY VIP

Hell, when I did the direct to consumer ball test, the dozen Lightening balls came in a ziplock bag.

My favorite packaging was always the 3UP velvet bags, so many reusable uses. I keep my mp3 and headphones in one and the list goes on.

1481995134520.jpg

- sent from space

• Like 4

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

I agree - if they just came in a drawstring bag, I might buy new balls. I use those sort of bags for everything.

Little cardboard boxes inside of bigger cardboard boxes? Not so much... ;)

• Like 2

Hell, when I did the direct to consumer ball test, the dozen Lightening balls came in a ziplock bag.

My favorite packaging was always the 3UP velvet bags, so many reusable uses. I keep my mp3 and headphones in one and the list goes on.

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1481995114790.jpg

- sent from space

The purple crown bag used to be popular with our group

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 3
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball