THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

You can get them online even if you're not a Costco member.  I had a pay a $1.50 non-member fee, plus tax. Free shipping.  Not bad at all...

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the 2 dozen package also. My final ball cost is $1.42/ball. vs $4.33 for a retail doz. PV1.

I'll come back here and let you know my thoughts on how they play. Probably next week I'd guess. Look forward to reading what others have to say.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all this is my first post I LOVE this site. Thanks for having me. I am a titleist lover. I have a SC putter 4 vokey wedges, AP2s 716 917 D2 and a F3, but I dont love the ball. Then I found th

So I was playing golf with one of our pastors this morning and at the first tee he says, have you heard about the ball that's sweeping the nation, I said the Kirkland ball, he said yes, and there's th

how about something like this for the store         Costco own the Kirkland Signature logo MyGolfSpy owns the MGS logo

Posted Images

I don't buy Titleist PV balls because they are ridiculously priced. Yes, I can afford to buy them all day long if I chose to. But I won't. The following balls IMHO will play as good as or equal to a PV for most players without paying more than necessary. Remember, most golf is played by weekend amateurs of varying degree of skill. I have another question.... can you or someone at MGS tell us what the average Hcp. for all members? I'm going to make a wild guess it's about 15. Aside from playing "rocks", Mojos, or other cheap balls any of the following in no particular order are very good balls for most players. Including a 1 handicapper. None of them cost $48+/dz. Most are $35 or less. One of these balls below will suite you.

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

... I agree the ball doesn't make a lot of difference for a 15 index or many single digit index players. I am playing to a 0 at the moment and I can only play a ball that gives me the aggressive greenside performance I need. I need maximum spin for a chip or pitch because I play almost all shots with my 60*. I learned to play all short shots with a 60* and figured once I got that down, I would expand to bump and runs. I became very proficient with my 60* but never really developed a short game with other clubs. So the Snell works for me but the others do not. I was excited to try the Duo Urethane but it just didn't spin enough, although it probably has enough spin for most. I haven't tried the Chrome Soft as I like higher compression balls as a personal preference. 

... I ordered 6 dozen Kirkland balls because if they don't live up to my expectations (and I think they will) I can use them for practice rounds. At $15 a dozen they are a no brainer for me. 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

I'll be watching closely for your thoughts on these balls. I'll make a bet that you'll say they are a "very good" ball. I personally can't tell much if any difference these days between top quality balls. The ones I'm talking about are all in comparison to the generic PV1. The so called standard of a top rated ball. 

I don't buy Titleist PV balls because they are ridiculously priced. Yes, I can afford to buy them all day long if I chose to. But I won't. The following balls IMHO will play as good as or equal to a PV for most players without paying more than necessary. Remember, most golf is played by weekend amateurs of varying degree of skill. I have another question.... can you or someone at MGS tell us what the average Hcp. for all members? I'm going to make a wild guess it's about 15. Aside from playing "rocks", Mojos, or other cheap balls any of the following in no particular order are very good balls for most players. Including a 1 handicapper. None of them cost $48+/dz. Most are $35 or less. One of these balls below will suite you.

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

I have played most of these balls and could play them all if I had to, but there are only a few that I would keep playing.  In order of my favs...  Snell, MG C4, Chrome Soft.  The Duo U was OK, but I would play the others first.  

I will wait and see what you guys think of the Kirklands; it might be worth it to buy them just for practice balls.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Chisag you're one of the best/most skilled players around the forum. There are a few others also. So I can defiantly see where you're coming from. However, for most of the rest of us here and elsewhere playing a $4.00 ball isn't going to make or break our games. Perhaps if I could play at your level I might feel differently. Probably would. There was a time after the PV's hit the scene when I played them regularly. They're a great ball for sure. But these days there are so many choices for guys at my level +/- that enjoy a top quality ball for feel and performance that paying $4/ball doesn't make sense unless you "just have to have it." I always chuckle when I see or play with guys that can't break 90 using the most expensive ball. But so what, it's still a free country isn't it?

BTW ... I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the KS1's.  :ph34r:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Not in my store here in San Antonio yet. Going to order some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

I'll be watching closely for your thoughts on these balls. I'll make a bet that you'll say they are a "very good" ball. I personally can't tell much if any difference these days between top quality balls. The ones I'm talking about are all in comparison to the generic PV1. The so called standard of a top rated ball. 

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

I can live with basically anything on that list but the NXT tour S and prolly the E5. Project A is a good ball but I like something spinny and that one is iffy for me. 

Haven't tried the kirkland signature ball though I assume I'd like it since its 4 piece and urethane. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

This is the same argument as their vodka. Everyone thinks its Grey Goose just repackaged haha. Who knows it could be someone's premium ball repackaged. I was trying to see if the dimple pattern resembled any of the big brands' designs

I'm not much for Vodka but I know that their Bourbon is made by the Sazerac company which also makes buffalo trace, eagle rare, blantons etc...

I haven't tried it but if it gets anywhere close to buffalo trace at the lower price point then I'm sold lol 

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

I'm not much for Vodka but I know that their Bourbon is made by the Sazerac company which also makes buffalo trace, eagle rare, blantons etc...

I haven't tried it but if it gets anywhere close to buffalo trace at the lower price point then I'm sold lol

The vodka is just fine too. My closest Costco only sells beer so I don't get it unless I'm near a different one. I usually drink Tito's since I can get it at Target.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Chisag you're one of the best/most skilled players around the forum. There are a few others also. So I can defiantly see where you're coming from. However, for most of the rest of us here and elsewhere playing a $4.00 ball isn't going to make or break our games. Perhaps if I could play at your level I might feel differently. Probably would. There was a time after the PV's hit the scene when I played them regularly. They're a great ball for sure. But these days there are so many choices for guys at my level +/- that enjoy a top quality ball for feel and performance that paying $4/ball doesn't make sense unless you "just have to have it." I always chuckle when I see or play with guys that can't break 90 using the most expensive ball. But so what, it's still a free country isn't it?

BTW ... I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the KS1's.  :ph34r:

... I hear ya and that's why I said "I agree the ball doesn't make a lot of difference for a 15 index or many single digit index players." If I played a more rounded short game I could probably play a ball that spins less. I will say I don't find much (if any) difference between the top premium balls like ProV1x, Srixon Z Star, B330S, Snell or Taylor Made Tour Preferred, all balls I have played. And other than aggressive grenade spin, there are many mid performance balls I could still play tee to green. I will post something after I have a couple rounds in with the Kirkland ball. 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

The vodka is just fine too. My closest Costco only sells beer so I don't get it unless I'm near a different one. I usually drink Tito's since I can get it at Target.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Haha Tito's is one of my favorites! If you like Tito's you have to try Dripping Springs Vodka out of Texas as well

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

I can't speak for anyone else but I know the ball I use does make a difference for me. I tend to score better with a harder or firmer ball than I do with the softer ones.

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Ordered some last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

I just had a sinking feeling about the Kirkland's I ordered. They are a 4pc ball as are the Chrome Speed. I bought a doz. Chrome Speed a year ago from MG Golf and hated them. Too hard. I still have most of them. They just never felt good to me off of any club.

I hope the Kirkland's are not a repeat or I'll have 2 more dozen sitting around. We'll see....

XX

I just had a sinking feeling about the Kirkland's I ordered. They are a 4pc ball as are the Chrome Speed. I bought a doz. Chrome Speed a year ago from MG Golf and hated them. Too hard. I still have most of them. They just never felt good to me off of any club.

I hope the Kirkland's are not a repeat or I'll have 2 more dozen sitting around. We'll see....

XX

What is the kirklands compression? The Chrome speed was designed specifically for Phil who requested a firmer ball. Just bc it's a 4 piece I wouldn't think means it's automatically firmer.
  • Like 2

What is the kirklands compression? The Chrome speed was designed specifically for Phil who requested a firmer ball. Just bc it's a 4 piece I wouldn't think means it's automatically firmer.

The site hcky said it was similar to ProV compression.

• Like 1

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

The site hcky said it was similar to ProV compression.

See there ya go plaidjacket!

ProV isn't a very hard ball imo

Sent from my LG-AS990 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The more I hear about this ball the more interesting it gets... At least right now I know I wouldn't get my ball confused in my foursome. 

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

The more I hear about this ball the more interesting it gets... At least right now I know I wouldn't get my ball confused in my foursome.

Worse case they will be nice for practice and those rounds where the wheels fall off and you don't wanna lose expensive balls

I ordered a double dozen the other night, but not sure I'll get to test them, as I've smashed my thumb pretty badly... hoping it heals before the season is over...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

I'm currently a 23 Handicap. I don't feel I always play like one, but that's what my app says. However, I play a urethane ball and do pretty well with it. I can stick it on the green good. At least when I hit the green. Most people would say I should be using a surlyn cover.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1