Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

And neither are all 8.3"s :ph34r:

In this weather I'm a 10!  That's my story and I sticking to it.   ^_^

• Like 1

The ITR guys just told me that as a 10 hcp, it doesn't matter whether I play a PV1 or TopFlite, because I'm a 10!!  These guys are don't have a clue.  Not all 10's are created equal.  

I'm sure that the Brass at Titleist and Callaway LOVED to hear that...  "It doesn't matter what ball you crappy 10 handicap players play."  I read this as play the cheapest thing available...

re: Kirkland.

• Like 4

Breed keeps talking about Quality Control, which is fair, however, I didn't listen to the show, but have seen what he says on twitter. My question is this, did he even mention that the manufacture of the ball has been making balls for a long time. I would think/hope they have solid QC. I have played through a dozen and no issues. Also Costco back their products 100%. I am sure if they were to get a ton of returns due to bad quality they would do something about it.

This was discussed. Breed still had his doubts during the show and obviously after. Sort of seems like a witch hunt to find SOMETHING OR ANYTHING wrong with the ball. Obviously it falls into the category of too good to be true BUT there is some test data behind it and obviously first hand accounts to support the claims...

• Like 1

I'm sure that the Brass at Titleist and Callaway LOVED to hear that...  "It doesn't matter what ball you crappy 10 handicap players play."  I read this as play the cheapest thing available...

re: Kirkland.

I laughed when I heard this and thought the same thing. Most, if not all, of these guys are under sponsorships and this seems to be one of their only way to discredit the ball. I'm sure it isn't making their sponsors very happy. Wonder what kind of fall out may happen from this side of things, if any.

• Like 2

Listening now... Breed is ranting and attempting to tear down the MGS testing. This guy thinks he's royalty...

• Like 1

I am curious if Golf Digest will include them in their Hot List.

There is no hotter ball right now, but I say no.  They are being paid be the OEMs.

• Like 2

What are they?!

I'd have to rewind, but paraphrasing -

You must be nice. I will speak and give our listeners all the correct information, and then you can have your turn.

I missed Hank Haney's show yesterday, so I just went back and listened to it.  Wow!  He was singing a completely different tune than he was today with X.  

Yesterday:  

"There is no way this ball is 10 yards longer.  It's just not feasible"  

"The [MyGolfSpy test] is the most unscientific test I have ever heard of in my life."

"The golf balls are all going about the same distance."

Thanks X for setting the record straight.

• Like 2

If you listened after X got off Haney said a few more nuggets

About the Nicklaus ball - Never heard of this (snicker), where do you even get them? 

Here Hank http://www.mygolfspy.com/direct-to-consumer-golf-ball-buyers-guide/- we told everyone about them - by Nicklaus designed with Bridgestone

and later he says - I'm still have my doubts with this testing

• Like 1

I just checked and neither the Haney or Breed shows are in the on demand yet.   Is the afternoon show still talking about it?  Guess I'll tune in and find out?

Great post severetheties!

Another thing I wanted to mention/ask, at any time did Haney who I believe is still a Golf Digest contributor, mention the fact that GD uses real humans of all handicaps (not robots)  for it's annual Hot List testing?   I haven't seen or heard him criticize them for that!!

• Like 1

Great post severetheties!

Another thing I wanted to mention/ask, at any time did Haney who I believe is still a Golf Digest contributor, mention the fact that GD uses real humans of all handicaps (not robots)  for it's annual Hot List testing?   I haven't seen or heard him criticize them for that!!

Of course not! Hank's interview was honestly terrible compared to Breed's. Hank was just pulling things out of his ass it seemed in any attempt to discredit the testing. Mentioning this would help bring credit to MGS.

I did see Hank give a shout out to MGS and say he likes their work and while I hope this true, it almost seems it is just an attempt to save face.