Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Hmmmmm now I wonder why?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Verry defensive and as they saying goes, Hate the Game Not The Players!!

• Like 3

Well, if Golf Digest puts it on the Hot List, then the other forum will have to change their tune, but since Costco won't buy advertising, we shall see

• Like 1

Well, if Golf Digest puts it on the Hot List, then the other forum will have to change their tune, but since Costco won't buy advertising, we shall see

Just saying there is one golf forum that makes fun of everything about Golf Digest's yearly equipment ranking

• Like 4

Just saying there is one golf forum that makes fun of everything about Golf Digest's yearly equipment ranking

Is that on WRX? Awesome if so.

Is that on WRX? Awesome if so.

I've only been on WRX a time or two.  No it's another large forum that makes fun of the rankings that Golf Digest comes out with yearly.  Everybody has an opinion and their opinion is pretty strong against the way Golf Digest grades equipment.  I'm sure they agree with some of the "Gold" picks however most are laughed at. I'm also sure not everyone on that forum totally agrees with the core group that chooses to make fun of the picks.

• Like 4

"....more to this story than meets the eye"

I guess you could say this Ball is "transforming" the idea of the golf ball.

Love how the writer says "There is a reason Titleist -- and not Kirkland Signature -- is played by Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler and Adam Scott (aside from them all being paid, of course)."

Actually no, they all play Titleist balls because Scott and Speith are equipment staffers and Ricky is a ball staffer.

(I guess parentheses allow for you state the obvious but make it seem like there's something secretive)

I forgot to add:

I am a retired engineer. I spent my whole life designing testing and integrating stuff for the Navy and Marine corps Attack aircraft over 30 years, so I felt OK in what I did and the results I got.

I spent a whole lot of time testing stuff that goes fast. I was a rocket scientist, even worked on the Tomahawk cruise missile program for awhile (I was stationed at Naval Air Warfare Center at China Lake California we had one golf course with in 70 miles. Now in Idaho I have 40 courses in 50 miles!!)

No I didnt record data (I did take a pic with my phone of the 2 balls on the fairway after the KSig went by. It was a Linda Rhonstadt drive Blew BY YOU!!) but I felt like I had the answer to the question I was asking myself.

Also I used Prov1's only because I didnt want a ProV1x or other ball tilting the results. So I used only ProV1

• Like 7

It was a Linda Rhonstadt drive Blew BY YOU!!

Any Linda Ronstadt 70's rock reference gets an official Shout Out!  Well done sir...

• Like 5

Great post Paul. Really good stuff and I agree in the Linda Ronstadt reference. Welcome to the site.

I forgot to add:

I am a retired engineer. I spent my whole life designing testing and integrating stuff for the Navy and Marine corps Attack aircraft over 30 years, so I felt OK in what I did and the results I got.

I spent a whole lot of time testing stuff that goes fast. I was a rocket scientist, even worked on the Tomahawk cruise missile program for awhile (I was stationed at Naval Air Warfare Center at China Lake California we had one golf course with in 70 miles. Now in Idaho I have 40 courses in 50 miles!!)

No I didnt record data (I did take a pic with my phone of the 2 balls on the fairway after the KSig went by. It was a Linda Rhonstadt drive Blew BY YOU!!) but I felt like I had the answer to the question I was asking myself.

Also I used Prov1's only because I didnt want a ProV1x or other ball tilting the results. So I used only ProV1

Great first post Paul, and nice test!  Welcome neighbor, from a nuclear chemist to a rocket scientist!!  Where in Idaho are you located?

Thanks Guys, I just moved to Nampa from China Lake California in the middle of the mojave desert. 

I can tell you the welcome I got here was quite abit warmer than the "other" golf website. In fact I posted the results of that test right after I did it and some know it all on that site said " You hit one ball past the others and its supposed to be a good test?" I said I was just noting my observations and as a scientist I felt the results could be repeated" But he had to get his disdain in for what ever reason and that seems to not be an uncommon response over there which is just brimming with "experts"

Kenny doesnt seem like we are too far apart. In fact I was offered a job there at the tri city area. Is that Kennewick?

• Like 5

There's no jerks here..yet anyways

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

• Like 2

Thanks Guys, I just moved to Nampa from China Lake California in the middle of the mojave desert. 

I can tell you the welcome I got here was quite abit warmer than the "other" golf website. In fact I posted the results of that test right after I did it and some know it all on that site said " You hit one ball past the others and its supposed to be a good test?" I said I was just noting my observations and as a scientist I felt the results could be repeated" But he had to get his disdain in for what ever reason and that seems to not be an uncommon response over there which is just brimming with "experts"

Kenny doesnt seem like we are too far apart. In fact I was offered a job there at the tri city area. Is that Kennewick?

Welcome aboard.I too am fairly new and must say the welcome I got here was wonderful. You will see some great stuff reviewed by regular guys giving as you stated, their observations, but albeit more in depth. Now all we need is Costco to get some more balls in stock so we can get the members here to hit them from all over the world and in all different seasons.

• Like 1