Our Sponsors

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all this is my first post I LOVE this site. Thanks for having me. I am a titleist lover. I have a SC putter 4 vokey wedges, AP2s 716 917 D2 and a F3, but I dont love the ball. Then I found th

So I was playing golf with one of our pastors this morning and at the first tee he says, have you heard about the ball that's sweeping the nation, I said the Kirkland ball, he said yes, and there's th

how about something like this for the store         Costco own the Kirkland Signature logo MyGolfSpy owns the MGS logo

Posted Images

Is this ever going to happen!? LOL I really want to test these damn things! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

I'm one of the lucky ones in that I have enough of the original K-Sigs to last about a year, depending on how bad I play this year ;)

Fortunately I ordered some before all the "hype" and after playing them once, I ordered more (and managed to snag a few the final availability, as much of a fiasco that it was.)

Hopefully Costco returns with more, either the original or the speculated new Kirkland ball (and if new, it is a good replacement based on price/performance)

What's in my  :titelist-small: 14 Way Stand Bag

Driver:   :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD 9° (Regular Flex)
Fairway:  :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 816 14° (Regular Flex)
Hybrids:  :callaway-small: XR 19°XR 22° (Regular Flex)
Irons: :callaway-small: XR Pro 5-PW (Std Loft/Lie, Regular Flex)
Wedges: :callaway-small: MD3 50
°,54°,58° (Std Loft/Lie, Regular Flex)
Putter: post-56870-0-25810000-1458757651.pngZAAP Alpha (35")

Count me as lucky too I guess. I bought them originally and immediately discovered they were a top quality/tour ball. Went back on the second round and bought two more 24 packs. So...I'm well stocked. Still have 5 dz. sitting around.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The first ball was a little to firm. Snell is almost just as good a deal and has a better ball!

Andrew - Lexington, KY

Handicap: 12

Righty

Driver:  Taylormade M1 2017 Project X HZRDUS Black 70 x-stiff

4 Wood:  Callaway Rogue Project X HZRDUS Yellow 85 x-stiff

Hybrids:  Titleist 816 h1 21* Diamana D+ White 90hy

Irons: Srixon Z 565 4i, Z 765 5-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges:  Callaway MD3 50* & 54*, PM Grind 58* Project X 6.0

Putter:  Callaway O-Works Two Ball 34"

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft X

Bag:   Ping Hoofer 14

Count me as lucky too I guess. I bought them originally and immediately discovered they were a top quality/tour ball. Went back on the second round and bought two more 24 packs. So...I'm well stocked. Still have 5 dz. sitting around.

I just sold a dozen on EBay for $51 a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I can't say for sure but at first (back in the fall) I thought the Ksig might be a little firmer. But now that the temps have risen I don't think so. I played a Ksig last Friday with temps in low 80's. The ball felt very good and preformed great. My driver SP is around +- 88-90 and my irons are perhaps in the +- 80-83 range. As you can see... I'm not moving these clubs all that fast. I can however compress both balls on good strikes.

The Snell and Ksig are top quality. Whenever the new Ksigs do come out it will be interesting to compare the differences.

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I am currently stationed in South Korea and didn't have a problem finding these golf balls.  I gave them a try, and they were very firm.  I kind of got used to the Callaway Chrome Soft.  I also noticed that his ball didn't spin as well on green side shots.  I will be sure to hit the local Costco and see if the new balls are better or worse than the original.  Considering that these balls are most likely being made by a plant here in South Korea, I don't think I will have a problem finding them when they are reintroduced.  

• Like 1

First off, thank you for your service, JBC. Second, if you do come across them when they come back out, make sure to grab a few cases in case any of us need some!

• Like 2

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

I am authorized 7000 pounds of weight on my return shipment back to the states, but that isn't until 2018.  Since there is a post office here on post, I could probably get 4-6 dozen into a medium flat rate box.  I might have to go to Costco this Friday and see if they have any.

• Like 3

I knew titleist had something to do with this ball not being available for awhile. Apparently they sent a letter to Costco accusing them of patent infringement. They basically tried to bully them out of the market. Costco has now fired back at them in court and said that there ball will be back.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Great story on the MGS home page addressing the Costco-Acushnet battle that is just getting started.  I've always believed that Titleist stands for quality but I'll be honest, this move feels like they are trying to bully Costco like so many other small companies before them and it has started to make me not want to even consider playing a Titleist club or ball.  Good for Costco to stand their ground and push back.

• Like 3

Honestly I use to only play Titleist balls, but there are so many good options out there now. I really think Titleist isn't as good as they once were.

Hit the AP2 and the 917 Driver, both were meh.

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

Honestly I use to only play Titleist balls, but there are so many good options out there now. I really think Titleist isn't as good as they once were.

... I think the ProV1x is just as good as it ever was. I just think other balls have caught up. A friend of mine sent me a sleeve of Vice Pro + and I shot a 67, my low round last season with it. Had some nice rounds with ProV1x, Z Star, KSig and TPx. Other than feel, I just don't notice much performance difference between any of the above mentioned balls. 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Great story on the MGS home page addressing the Costco-Acushnet battle that is just getting started. I've always believed that Titleist stands for quality but I'll be honest, this move feels like they are trying to bully Costco like so many other small companies before them and it has started to make me not want to even consider playing a Titleist club or ball. Good for Costco to stand their ground and push back.

Titleist bullying Costco is like a pee wee football team taking on the Patriots. Obviously the story hasn't played out yet, but Acushnet may tread lightly from here out.

• Like 2

Titleist bullying Costco is like a pee wee football team taking on the Patriots. Obviously the story hasn't played out yet, but Acushnet may tread lightly from here out.

Will be interesting to see how it develops for sure, but you're spot on.  Costco is way too big a company for Acushnet to take on and expect to intimidate them.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.  Costco has deep pockets, would have loved to see the faces of the exec's when they got he letter from Titleist....  

• Like 1

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Will be interesting to see how it develops for sure, but you're spot on. Costco is way too big a company for Acushnet to take on and expect to intimidate them.

And that's the thing. I love titleist products, been a customer for a long time, but when you start hearing about intimidating smaller companies, etc, it changes the perception. Costco is a beast. They are not intimidated and are not scared to throw their weight around.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.  Costco has deep pockets, would have loved to see the faces of the exec's when they got he letter from Titleist....  

Costco exec to another Costco exec: "Who the hell is Acushnet and why are they sending us a letter about golf balls? We make golf balls now?"

• Like 8

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag