Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

In other news, there is a thread on THP showing two "Kirkland Signature One" showing on the USGA conforming list. Another 4 piece. 360 dimples.

• Like 1

I'm one of the lucky ones in that I have enough of the original K-Sigs to last about a year, depending on how bad I play this year ;)

Fortunately I ordered some before all the "hype" and after playing them once, I ordered more (and managed to snag a few the final availability, as much of a fiasco that it was.)

Hopefully Costco returns with more, either the original or the speculated new Kirkland ball (and if new, it is a good replacement based on price/performance)

Count me as lucky too I guess. I bought them originally and immediately discovered they were a top quality/tour ball. Went back on the second round and bought two more 24 packs. So...I'm well stocked. Still have 5 dz. sitting around.

Count me as lucky too I guess. I bought them originally and immediately discovered they were a top quality/tour ball. Went back on the second round and bought two more 24 packs. So...I'm well stocked. Still have 5 dz. sitting around.

I just sold a dozen on EBay for $51 a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I can't say for sure but at first (back in the fall) I thought the Ksig might be a little firmer. But now that the temps have risen I don't think so. I played a Ksig last Friday with temps in low 80's. The ball felt very good and preformed great. My driver SP is around +- 88-90 and my irons are perhaps in the +- 80-83 range. As you can see... I'm not moving these clubs all that fast. I can however compress both balls on good strikes.

The Snell and Ksig are top quality. Whenever the new Ksigs do come out it will be interesting to compare the differences.

• Like 2

I am currently stationed in South Korea and didn't have a problem finding these golf balls.  I gave them a try, and they were very firm.  I kind of got used to the Callaway Chrome Soft.  I also noticed that his ball didn't spin as well on green side shots.  I will be sure to hit the local Costco and see if the new balls are better or worse than the original.  Considering that these balls are most likely being made by a plant here in South Korea, I don't think I will have a problem finding them when they are reintroduced.  

• Like 1

First off, thank you for your service, JBC. Second, if you do come across them when they come back out, make sure to grab a few cases in case any of us need some!

• Like 2

I am authorized 7000 pounds of weight on my return shipment back to the states, but that isn't until 2018.  Since there is a post office here on post, I could probably get 4-6 dozen into a medium flat rate box.  I might have to go to Costco this Friday and see if they have any.

• Like 3

I knew titleist had something to do with this ball not being available for awhile. Apparently they sent a letter to Costco accusing them of patent infringement. They basically tried to bully them out of the market. Costco has now fired back at them in court and said that there ball will be back.

Sent from my iPhone while sitting at the 19th hole.

Great story on the MGS home page addressing the Costco-Acushnet battle that is just getting started.  I've always believed that Titleist stands for quality but I'll be honest, this move feels like they are trying to bully Costco like so many other small companies before them and it has started to make me not want to even consider playing a Titleist club or ball.  Good for Costco to stand their ground and push back.

• Like 3

Honestly I use to only play Titleist balls, but there are so many good options out there now. I really think Titleist isn't as good as they once were.

Hit the AP2 and the 917 Driver, both were meh.

Honestly I use to only play Titleist balls, but there are so many good options out there now. I really think Titleist isn't as good as they once were.

... I think the ProV1x is just as good as it ever was. I just think other balls have caught up. A friend of mine sent me a sleeve of Vice Pro + and I shot a 67, my low round last season with it. Had some nice rounds with ProV1x, Z Star, KSig and TPx. Other than feel, I just don't notice much performance difference between any of the above mentioned balls. 

• Like 2

Great story on the MGS home page addressing the Costco-Acushnet battle that is just getting started. I've always believed that Titleist stands for quality but I'll be honest, this move feels like they are trying to bully Costco like so many other small companies before them and it has started to make me not want to even consider playing a Titleist club or ball. Good for Costco to stand their ground and push back.

Titleist bullying Costco is like a pee wee football team taking on the Patriots. Obviously the story hasn't played out yet, but Acushnet may tread lightly from here out.

• Like 2

Titleist bullying Costco is like a pee wee football team taking on the Patriots. Obviously the story hasn't played out yet, but Acushnet may tread lightly from here out.

Will be interesting to see how it develops for sure, but you're spot on.  Costco is way too big a company for Acushnet to take on and expect to intimidate them.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.  Costco has deep pockets, would have loved to see the faces of the exec's when they got he letter from Titleist....  

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see how it develops for sure, but you're spot on. Costco is way too big a company for Acushnet to take on and expect to intimidate them.

And that's the thing. I love titleist products, been a customer for a long time, but when you start hearing about intimidating smaller companies, etc, it changes the perception. Costco is a beast. They are not intimidated and are not scared to throw their weight around.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing.  Costco has deep pockets, would have loved to see the faces of the exec's when they got he letter from Titleist....  

Costco exec to another Costco exec: "Who the hell is Acushnet and why are they sending us a letter about golf balls? We make golf balls now?"

• Like 8