Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Not sure how I missed this... a sneak peek into the kingdom..

Very interesting video on the testing of the golf ball. I have thought a lot about ball fitting and why different balls are longer for some and not for others. I think the main factors for why a ball is better for some and not others is  mainly because of a combination of how a player compresses the golf ball (strength), spin, and speed. I can see why Mygolfspy doesn't think Robogolfer is not a valid test for golf balls because it can't test for a wide range of golfers with different swings and strength. 

I'm stocked up on these for a while as I got 12 dozen over the winter....but I'm really interested to see what comes of the next 'generation' of the ball. 

I love the first version. 

• Like 1

With all the attention this ball has had, it will most likely be even more popular if/when it returns. It's sort off like taking a carrot away from a hungry mule and when you dangle it back over his mouth, you better not have any fingers in the way. :D

Like Ping Eye2's.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

now that golf is in full swing here, I'm running into more and more people commenting on how they are trying to get a hold of them (after they see I'm playing them.) I suspect they'll have no problem selling them ...

still have never seen these yet in Canada, or even on their web sight that we can order up here. it's a shame would like to try them out 

I have been going frequently for the past several months to several Costco locations in the Seattle area (Costco is based out of Seattle), and I haven't been able to get my hands on any. I am really bummed! These sound awesome...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Does anyone know if these will be available in the UK?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Does anyone know if these will be available in the UK?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

My guess would be no. I was not even able to locate them at the Costco headquarters.

I hope that if and when Costco does release a new ball they keep the same appearance with the logo and number. I actually thought it was classy and liked the tiny numbers.

• Like 1

I hope that if and when Costco does release a new ball they keep the same appearance with the logo and number. I actually thought it was classy and liked the tiny numbers.

Yes, definitely.

... Me too! Although I keep hearing others talk about the "cheesy" Kirkland Signature graphics??? If I had to diss a logo design it would be the Callaway Ball logo with it's large, arched upside down gothic lettering... but honestly that is a stretch as I have yet to see a golf ball with graphics I wouldn't play. 

• Like 1

MGS  Gear Heads will be familiar with the controversy Costco generated with the release of the Kirkland Signature golf ball that tested longer than the longest ball in golf. MGS determined that Costco had acquired a factory overrun of balls intended to be sold under the brand name Quatro. The Quatro brand was only available in Europe. A bun fight ensued with an exchange of chain rattling letters between the protagonists. The upshot has been that Costco sued Titleist. Now Costco has fired the latest round in the Ball Wars across the bow of the industry.

Today for $27.99 (that's Canuck bucks) I bought 2 dozen balls, and here is the kicker: they're TaylorMade ®.  

The description on the boxes reads:

TaylorMade ®  RocketBalls

ONE DOZEN / NEW 3-PIECE CONSTRUCTION

FASTER AND LONGER WITH GREENSIDE CONTROL

Benefits

Fast ball speed promotes long distance

Thin and fast mantle for added greenside control

New REACT®  core provides softer feel.

Faster lothane™ cover for faster ball speed.

SpeedMantle® promotes fast ball speed and controlled spin on approach shots.

Low Drag Aerodynamics

The random punctuation and capitalization are all on the box.

On  the end of the box we learn that the balls conform to USGA rules, were designed in California and made in Taiwan. At this stage we don't know how they will perform, but at $14.00 a dozen I can afford to lose these with impunity. I will let you know how they feel after I put them into play tomorrow.

MGS, is there another ball comparison test in your future?

• Like 2

So they're just TaylorMade Rocketballs?

They will fly, that I promise.

Played one for a few holes and it out drove my Titleist pro v1x's by 15 yds.

Going isn't that balls problem. Stopping it once it's going is lol

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

• Like 3

So they're just TaylorMade Rocketballs?

They look identical, right down to the green double digit numbering, but where the original Rocketball was a clicky sounding straight distance ball, this one is advertised as being soft. I don't have the info on the exact composition of the originals, but if it is identical in composition to these Costco balls that will tell the tale. How they perform around the green is what I plan to find out tomorrow.

I have seen these in my local Costco stores for years. Pretty sure they aren't new

• Like 1

I have seen these in my local Costco stores for years. Pretty sure they aren't new

I'm pretty sure they're just - Rocketballz

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure they're just - Rocketballz

They are. As you know, we didn't get the k-sigs up here. These are in my local costco, as well as every other store in Canada. Nothing exciting here at all