Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Just saw this on Twitter and I'm gonna call it confirmed that this IS NOT the same Costco ball. No one feel like you need to cut up your golf balls unless that is what your heart desires.

IMG_0444.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I image it will still be a good ball though. Just don't expect the exact same feel or performance if you used the previous ball

Different packaging, too. Oh, I guess that's the three-piece. Anyone know if the last batch the original ball or a different ball?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Just saw this on Twitter and I'm gonna call it confirmed that this IS NOT the same Costco ball. No one feel like you need to cut up your golf balls unless that is what your heart desires.

attachicon.gifIMG_0444.PNG

That is their new 3-piece ball not the 4-piece ball. 

Heads up for anyone that plays the Kirkland Signature golf ball. They're available online right now, limit two per membership.

I played these all last season and loved them. Can't beat four dozen for 60 bucks.

I just ordered two dozen to check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different packaging, too. Oh, I guess that's the three-piece. Anyone know if the last batch the original ball or a different ball?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

All 3 of the offerings of the 4-piece ball have the same packaging and Item Number. Both said "Made in Korea".

I don't recall seeing any testing of the second batch of their 4-piece balls vs first batch. 

Just ordered 2 dozen and it was their 4 piece ball not a four piece. Is the 4 piece the same as last time?

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-4-piece-Urethane-Cover-Golf-Ball%2C-2-dozen.product.100310467.html

In theory though Costco could just give any tour quality 4 piece golf ball the same item number whether or not the mix and ingredients are the exact same or not. Each of the previous runs were I thought confirmed to be over runs from the same manufacture which is why at the time only 1 ball was on the USGA conforming list. There are now multiple 4 layer versions on the list with the construction being listed as slightly different which should technically mean new ball but we won't official know until someone gets their hands one these and cuts it open to compare and test.

I might be out of my depth on this, but there is only 1 Kirkland 4-piece ball on the USGA conforming list so doesn't that mean that the current offering has to have the same specs as the other 2 offerings? https://www.usga.org/ConformingGolfBall/gball_list.pdf(page 15)

I am definitely going to be grabbing some of the to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm headin south of the border tomorrow to pick up some Cuts from my US mailbox. Might swing into the Blaine/Bellingham Costco and grab some! Killer price point!!

The 4-pc ball being sold today is the same exact ball sold for the last year and a half. They also now have a 3-pc urethane ball for sale. That is new and we will have to wait to see how it performs once we start getting some shipped.

I'm headin south of the border tomorrow to pick up some Cuts from my US mailbox. Might swing into the Blaine/Bellingham Costco and grab some! Killer price point!!

I'm not sure they are available in stores. Might be online only and if so, better to order now before they run out!

• Like 1

I mean that is the "3-Piece" which is not a 4 piece... people need to read.

I mean that is the "3-Piece" which is not a 4 piece... people need to read.

Welp sorry I didn't read the other responses before posting. Ordered my 4 dozen and I'm excited to have some test.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.  I played the 4 piece ball when it first came out and it performed very well.  The cover durability was not great but for $15 a dozen it was still a great value.  It would be great for MGS to test the new 3 piece ball and let us know how it performs.  

Can anyone confirm they are in store? Or online only? Didnt make it down last night.

I still have 4 dozen left from last order, but I ordered 2 dozen of the original 4-piece balls and 2-dozen of the new 3-piece ball.  I'll play them side-by-side to compare.

Not sure why you started this thread, there's already one going.

Wasn't intentional, both of these started 21 hours ago and I hadn't seen anything up before I posted mine. I did a quick search before I posted mine and thought I was safe