THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Wow initial reviews seem really good. Thinking I will have to order them now and get them on trackman against the Pro v1 and Nike RZN Tour Platinum 

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all this is my first post I LOVE this site. Thanks for having me. I am a titleist lover. I have a SC putter 4 vokey wedges, AP2s 716 917 D2 and a F3, but I dont love the ball. Then I found th

So I was playing golf with one of our pastors this morning and at the first tee he says, have you heard about the ball that's sweeping the nation, I said the Kirkland ball, he said yes, and there's th

how about something like this for the store         Costco own the Kirkland Signature logo MyGolfSpy owns the MGS logo

Posted Images

I was very happy with the ball today as well. Long and straight. Back nine had a lot of wins and the ball kept its line. Good piercing flight. I also love the snell mtb, the Kirkland is a. It firmer than I like, but at the price I really won't complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver- Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha Double Black Diamond

3 Wood- Callaway 815 Big Berth Alpha

3 -5 Hybrids Callaway Apex

6-PW- 2014 Callaway Apex Pro

50,54, 58 Wedges- Callaway MD3

Putter- SeeMore FGP

Ball- Kirkland Signature and Snell MTB

I'm sometimes a huge cheater and drive a cheaper ball (Nike PD Long or Snell Get Sum) and then will switch to a better ball (like an MTB) if I'm hitting a wedge shot. I realize that isn't exactly tournament legal, but I'm very much a novice and I think it helps me. My friends don't complain because I don't tell them :)

... I think there are 3 types of golf. Tournament golf. Serious recreational golf. And fun golf. If you are keeping a handicap you most likely play serious recreational golf and switching out balls is against the rules of course. But why not if you are just playing for fun? I certainly would not call it cheating, just a novice learning how to play the game. 

... That said, I do think most todays premium balls are just as long off the tee as distance rocks. If it is a "I don't wanna lose an expensive ball off the tee" I get that. But the Kirkland Signature is probably cheaper than economy balls. In the end, using the same ball will help you improve imo ...

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

First round in the books - gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. Without data the best I can do is give impressions and opinions based on just one round.

That said, the ball has plenty of length- it certainly doesn't have any less distance than the big names. It didn't seem overly hard to me - not as soft as any of Wilson's offerings (none are), but it definitely in the B330 neighborhood.

Was very surprised by spin - spun one approach backwards about 8 feet - a couple of others had very nice hop and stop spin. Gotta add I was playing Hogan's with C-Tapers - not exactly a high spin wedge shaft.

Be interested to compare the Kirkland to my other favorites - Bridgestone B330, Srixon Z-Star and Wilson Duo-U. I've bee fit into the B330 and really, really like it. That said, I've already bought another 2 dozen Kirklands [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And this may be heresy - but the Snell balls never really did anything for me. It's a nice ball, but I never did see what all the fuss was about. But then again, folks seem to compare it to the ProV, which I've never really liked either.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Closer to the z star rather than the z star xv in terms of firmness?

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

Can't really say, other than it' seems fairly similar to the Z Star. It seems very similar to the. 330.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm really pumped to try these Kirkland's. There's a Costco opening in our city November 8th so I'll have to pick up a few dozen (even if they are for the spring). I am always interested in spending less for golf balls that I send OB off the tee.

• Like 1

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I'm really pumped to try these Kirkland's. There's a Costco opening in our city November 8th so I'll have to pick up a few dozen (even if they are for the spring). I am always interested in spending less for golf balls that I send OB off the tee.

I don't think they are in stores; only online, but I could be wrong.  Free shipping before Friday, so if you are going to get them, save money by ordering now.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm beginning to think I might have a ball fetish/addiction. Seems every time a new or improved ball comes around I buy them. Some of the ones pictured I'll never play...ie, the HEX balls. Some I've been given for Christmas, birthdays, tournaments, etc. I even have more stacked out on my bag storage rack. I suppose to satisfy my golf addition buying balls are a relatively inexpensive way to get a fix. All told I have 19 dozen (or partial) dozen balls. Is that a problem?

20161016_093824.jpg

• Like 6

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm beginning to think I might have a ball fetish/addiction. Seems every time a new or improved ball comes around I buy them. Some of the ones pictured I'll never play...ie, the HEX balls. Some I've been given for Christmas, birthdays, tournaments, etc. I even have more stacked out on my bag storage rack. I suppose to satisfy my golf addition buying balls are a relatively inexpensive way to get a fix. All told I have 19 dozen (or partial) dozen balls. Is that a problem?

attachicon.gif20161016_093824.jpg

Yes!

I have the six dozen Snell Yellow Get Sum balls that I bought for my wife and I to play this winter (pretty sure we won't use them all); 2 sleeves of the Snell MTB left over from this summer, and a sleeve of PV1 that my wife's nephew gave me with his company's logo.  I also have the odd sleeves of balls that we got at some tournament we played 10 years ago.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

attachicon.gif20161016_093824.jpg

Plaid you sound like a ball ho!

• Like 1

... 19 dozen of the same ball or two different favorites is just stocking up. 19 dozen completely different kinds of performing golf balls might, might be a slight problem. ; ) 

• Like 4

Closer to the z star rather than the z star xv in terms of firmness?

... Finally got in a round with my KS. It was 10-15mph winds and the course was very soft. Performed very well in the wind, especially into the wind. Seemed to be as long as my other favorites the Z Star and TPx. Greenside spin was excellent, but again it was very soft so I will have to see what it is alike on firm and fast greens. 

... Loved everything about the ball, other than the feel off the putter. I have a Bettinardi BB2, old school blade 8802 style putter and the Z Star seems to melt into the face. Love the feel of that ball on the greens. The TPx is about as hard as I am comfortable using. The KS is very hard off the putter and I find that very disappointing. At $45 it would stop me from using it. At $29 I would try getting used to the feel by using it exclusively and try to get used to the harder feel. But at $15 the firmness off my putter is irrelevant considering all over aspects of it's performance is excellent based on one round in unusual conditions. Looking forward to playing it on more demanding greens.  

• Like 2

The race is on today.  UPS has my Ksig's out for delivery, but I have to leave the house at 2pm for a tee time.

I'm guessing they don't get here in time, but if they do I'll be sure to test them out against the Snell MTB.

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

• Like 5

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

Good investigating, thanks Foz.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

x

I know it may be asking a lot, but any chance you could throw a ProV1-X and/or Snell MTB into that mix?

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Please, please, please run this test!

And I think we have a winner on the nickname front - Ksig. Good call, Hckymeyer.

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter