Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

Interesting find here. Here is a picture from MGS original Kirkland Signature vs. Titleist post from 11/16.

IMG_1310.PNG

Here is a picture of my 2018 K Sig ball that just showed up.

IMG_1309.JPG

My not so scientific analysis is that the components of each layer look to be of the same material and are the same thickness.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Interesting find here. Here is a picture from MGS original Kirkland Signature vs. Titleist post from 11/16.

attachicon.gifIMG_1310.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_1309.JPG

My not so scientific analysis is that the components of each layer look to be of the same material and are the same thickness.

Looks like Costco got Nassau to make them another run of the same ball. Given the cult status of the original 4 piece K-Sig, Costco would be crazy to try to pass off another ball in that black box.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I played with them all last season and liked them enough to stock up for all of 2018 when they last went on sale in the fall. If you're not scratch or better, I don't think you'll really notice a massive enough difference between them and a Pro-V. In fact, I think the low price point mentally helps my game at times as I'm not standing over the ball concerned about chucking $4 into a pond or woods. 

I'm in for 4 dozen of the 4 piece.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just saw this on Twitter and I'm gonna call it confirmed that this IS NOT the same Costco ball. No one feel like you need to cut up your golf balls unless that is what your heart desires.

attachicon.gifIMG_0444.PNG

Good enough if Tony said it then I believe him--- He is pretty spot on

attachicon.gifIMG_1310.PNG

attachicon.gifIMG_1309.JPG

Looks the same to me thanks for your sacrifice on the ball

• Like 1

Those look pretty much the same. Is it just me or is there a thin black line between the red and green layers? Camera angle maybe?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That box still says Made in Korea. If they didn't get Nassau to make them maybe they moved to Volvik? 

Those look pretty much the same. Is it just me or is there a thin black line between the red and green layers? Camera angle maybe?

I think it's the way I cut it. I used an air compressor dye grinder wheel. It wasn't the prettiest cut so I hit it with some fine grit sandpaper and some silicone polish to clean it up. I didn't have a pair of ratchet pliers to make a clean cut.

I played with them all last season and liked them enough to stock up for all of 2018 when they last went on sale in the fall. If you're not scratch or better, I don't think you'll really notice a massive enough difference between them and a Pro-V. In fact, I think the low price point mentally helps my game at times as I'm not standing over the ball concerned about chucking $4 into a pond or woods. 

... I will take that a step further. I don't care what your index, the Kirkland Signature is equal in performance to the ProV1. I played with a mini tour player in Orlando that said he found a ball or two that felt different than others in the 2 dozen he was given. He loved the balls performance but said he would not trust it in a tournament. I remember my first 2 dozen and the KS ball I tested against my gamers was clickier and firmer than I expected. It turned out I picked out the 1 ball out of my 2 dozen that was harder feeling than all the others. So there may be a consistency issue as far as feel, which may explain the insanely low price, but it is a potential trade off I am willing to make for such an excellent performing urethane covered ball at $15 a dozen. 

Totally agree. Unless you're playing at that level of the guy you ran into and/or just have enough cash to blow on ProV's, the trade-off is 100% worth the savings. 

So there may be a consistency issue as far as feel, which may explain the insanely low price, but it is a potential trade off I am willing to make for such an excellent performing urethane covered ball at $15 a dozen. 

• Like 1

Got my first eagle of the year with one of these last week. I think it is the equal of any of the premium balls. If only it came in yellow... It could compete with my beloved Z-star's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'll try them out tomorrow. If I like them most likely I'll buy another 2 dozen before they sell out. Between those and my On Core balls I should be set for 2018 at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played the Kirkland 3-piece ball today.  Weather was crappy; rained all morning, then sunny and windy in the afternoon.  

• The ball is made in China, not Korea like the original Ksig.
  • The ball feels soft off all clubs... no click.  
  • Doesn't spin as well, but I don't put much spin on the ball anyway.
  • Distance seemed about the same is less than the 4-piece Ksig.
  • The cover looked new after 18 holes; definitely tougher than the original Ksig.

I like the original better.

EDIT:  The original 4-piece ball goes further with my slow 85 mph swing speed.

• Like 2

I played the Kirkland 3-piece ball today. Weather was crappy; rained all morning, then sunny and windy in the afternoon.

• The ball is made in China, not Korea like the original Ksig.
  • The ball feels soft off all clubs... no click.
  • Doesn't spin as well, but I don't put much spin on the ball anyway.
  • Distance seemed about the same
  • The cover looked new after 18 holes; definitely tougher than the original Ksig.
I like the original better.
Thanks for the info on the three-piece. What would you compare it to? NXT, Tour Soft, Velocity, etc?

Maybe we should start a new thread for the 3-piece, as they are different balls. I am very interested in the performance of the 3-piece...

Just got my 2 boxes of the 4-piece in the mail! Looking forward to trying them out! I never tried them when they first came out.