Birdiehunter17

THE ONE AND ONLY KIRKLAND SIGNATURE BALL THREAD

So as I said in my last post, to me this ball plays like the ProV1X. Typically I play the Snell MTB, Bridgestone B330 Tour, Callaway Chrome soft, and for big events I play the ProV1X.

I have found the K-Sig to be long off the tee and a tad longer off the irons. It flies straight, doesn't cut or fade as much on my mishits. I hit a hybrid off the tee yesterday and felt I really mishit it and would be way left and short, to my surprise it was still pretty long and not as far off line as I thought it would be.

Full and half iron shots the ball stuck. If I was more locked in I felt I could have attacked the pin and been in good shape, not having to worry if it would run out too much.

On chips around the green the ball would hit, bounce and stick, made putting a lot easier. As for putting, it felt good off the face and really held the line.

I still need to hit some half wedges with more spin into the green, but I really feel at $15 a dozen, I would be an idiot not to use the ball.

• Like 2

Got my first round in playing the Ksig.  I'm impressed so far.  

Gave a sleeve to my brother in law and we both played today (both normally play Snell MTB) and we both thought they played very similar.  

It was low 40's out, wet and a little windy so not great conditions to test a golf ball.  I'll leave it at this though, after the first shot I never once thought about what ball I was playing.  If someone gave me this ball and said it was a tour ball that cost $30-$40 a dozen I wouldn't have blinked an eye.  

I received my 2 dozen and will take them to the course Friday and Saturday. I've been playing B330rx for most of this season and look forward to seeing how they compare. I should have the opportunity to play side by side shots.

How are these things holding up?  durability wise, Wedge Shots.  I damn near ripped the skin off a Pro-V1 today with my Brand new RTX-3 52 degree.

• Like 1

How are these things holding up?  durability wise, Wedge Shots.  I damn near ripped the skin off a Pro-V1 today with my Brand new RTX-3 52 degree.

I've only had two rounds with them but they seem to hold up as well as any other ball. Don't see any unusual wear or markings that would make your go hmmm....

Very psyched for the official MGS test results - we're putting this thing up against the ProV.  I'm not a ProV fan, so it'll be interesting to see what shakes out.

• Like 1

How are these things holding up? durability wise, Wedge Shots. I damn near ripped the skin off a Pro-V1 today with my Brand new RTX-3 52 degree.

Only played 18 so far but used the same ball the whole round. Cover held up well with only a couple of marks but no actual scuffs or knicks. I'd say it's a little better than Snells have been holding up for me but need more rounds to be sure.

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477664314.561408.jpgImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477664324.620523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I was home sick today so I have been surfing the net between bathroom bouts if you know what I mean. Over on WRX there is 33 pages about this with 99% positive feedback. One poster over there mentioned that MGS was doing a test. I am not a Costco member but I know several so if they have them in the store at Dirty Myrtle I will pick up 2 dozen. Heck If I don't like them there is someone on WRX that will buy them from me

• Like 1

For those who don't want to read the entire thread.......Here is what I found out about the Kirkland........

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

More research:

If the Kirkland Signature is made by Nassau Golf Co. of South Korea, they also make others:

Nassau Golf distributes high standard technology golf balls to Europe. Our golf balls are manufactured according to the latest technological developments in the Nassau factories situated in Seoul, South Korea. Our broad selection offers Nassau golf balls for each type of player and each type of golf course.

Come on, anybody ever heard or played these?  Quattro, Pro Cyber, Cyber, Plus & QX?

• Like 1

For those who don't want to read the entire thread.......Here is what I found out about the Kirkland........

I wanted to know who makes the Kirkland and found this:

"The golf balls, which do appear on the USGA conforming golf ball list, are made by Nassau Golf Co. Ltd. of South Korea. The four-piece ball is intended, we think, to compare with Titleist Pro V1s. It has 360 dimples and is a medium-to-high spin ball around the greens, according to the USGA's conforming ball list."

More research:

If the Kirkland Signature is made by Nassau Golf Co. of South Korea, they also make others:

Nassau Golf distributes high standard technology golf balls to Europe. Our golf balls are manufactured according to the latest technological developments in the Nassau factories situated in Seoul, South Korea. Our broad selection offers Nassau golf balls for each type of player and each type of golf course.

Come on, anybody ever heard or played these? Quattro, Pro Cyber, Cyber, Plus & QX?

Drawing a blank on them lol

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 1

Ksigs are great and you can't beat the price, just bought me another batch. Definitely waiting for the official review.

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

I was home sick today so I have been surfing the net between bathroom bouts if you know what I mean. Over on WRX there is 33 pages about this with 99% positive feedback. One poster over there mentioned that MGS was doing a test. I am not a Costco member but I know several so if they have them in the store at Dirty Myrtle I will pick up 2 dozen. Heck If I don't like them there is someone on WRX that will buy them from me

... I am gonna go out on a limb and say there is no chance you won't like the KS. It might not become your favorite ball, but you will love the performance. As I said earlier, I picked up 6 dozen because I play a lot, I could use them for practice rounds or give them as gifts if I didn't like them. But I did. A lot. 

Played 18. Hits trees cart paths and lots of greens. One ball whole round, held up very well. I am really impressed with the way they grab the green on chips, I am able to attack the pin with no fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I caved and ordered 2 dz just now lol.

Looking forward to trying these babies out.

Tazz

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

• Like 2

I'll be watching closely for your thoughts on these balls. I'll make a bet that you'll say they are a "very good" ball. I personally can't tell much if any difference these days between top quality balls. The ones I'm talking about are all in comparison to the generic PV1. The so called standard of a top rated ball.

I don't buy Titleist PV balls because they are ridiculously priced. Yes, I can afford to buy them all day long if I chose to. But I won't. The following balls IMHO will play as good as or equal to a PV for most players without paying more than necessary. Remember, most golf is played by weekend amateurs of varying degree of skill. I have another question.... can you or someone at MGS tell us what the average Hcp. for all members? I'm going to make a wild guess it's about 15. Aside from playing "rocks", Mojos, or other cheap balls any of the following in no particular order are very good balls for most players. Including a 1 handicapper. None of them cost $48+/dz. Most are $35 or less. One of these balls below will suite you.

Chrome Soft

Snell

Project a

MG C4

Duo U

Bridgestone E5

NXT Tour-S

Kirkland Signature?

You can get cheaper balls that do perform very well. You do want to make sure that your ball fits your game though. The Duo U and the chrome soft are very low compression balls and tend to launch the ball higher. If you're a high ball hitter already, it might not make make sense to go with something like that. I love the Snell balls and I'll see if the kirklands make the cut!

Have tried them all/Kirklands are the best deal I have found in 50 yrs of golfing/just knocked out a 74 using a Kirkland the full 18 and it could be used again.  I have 48 Kirklands for about the same price as a doz. of my old ball, Pro v, and have given up nothing in performance.

• Like 2

If the season wasn't pretty much over in Ohio (I hate cold and I don't play in it...lol) I would order 2 doz. of these right now. If so many of you have such good things to say about them, they must be a great deal.

Got my hands on a sleeve and some amazing weather yesterday. Managed to get out with 3 buddies as first group of the day and opened up a 3 hole gap, giving us ample to drop the balls and play various shots. Our foursome had caps ranging from a scratch to a 7.6.

We collectively agree that this ball is legit and does pretty much everything right. Seems quite long off the tee, great long iron flight, controllable spin on short irons and great putter feel. Wouldn't describe putter feel as Pro V, it's got it's own feel, but it's really nice.

Overall this is a no brainer from $15/dz

• Like 3

Got mine today, can't wait to try them out, hoping to get out on Wednesday and match them up against the Snell MTB