Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Oh ffs I was looking forward to see how he got on this week - although I assumed it might be bad.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Dissappointing for sure!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

That's a shame I was really looking forward to it.  I particularly wanted to see what equipment who would use. :(

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

That's a shame I was really looking forward to it. I particularly wanted to see what equipment who would use. :(

I read that TW is going to us a Taylormade driver, Mizuno irons, Scotty Cameron putter and Bridgestone balls.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

He also is a WD in Turkey, which would have been his second start of the year. Would be curious if he WDs from the Hero later in the year since there is no cut and his foundation is the main charity.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

He also is a WD in Turkey, which would have been his second start of the year. Would be curious if he WDs from the Hero later in the year since there is no cut and his foundation is the main charity.

On the GC this evening at 6:00 EST he stated he was still planning to play in the event for his foundation. He said the reason he went ahead and withdrew from Turkey was because he had not played in a PGA event in over a year and withdrawing from the Safeway it was just not right to play in Turkey and it not being a PGA Tour sanctioned event. There is all kind of speculation going on the GC as one might expect

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Just saw that too, what a bummer! Folks who bought tickets won't be too happy now

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I read that TW is going to us a Taylormade driver, Mizuno irons, Scotty Cameron putter and Bridgestone balls.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I've seen 376846340654651 different club combos so far lol. My bet is an almost all Nike bag. At least for now... 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• SPY VIP

As much damage as his body has sustained, it's his mind that's betraying him now. His issues aren't physical and I'm not convinced it's a lack of preparation either - He might be one of the most talented golfers to ever tee it up, but he is still human and because the bar he set for himself is so high and because the expectations everyone has of him are so lofty, I'm not sure he CAN come back at this point.

Let me qualify that a bit...He will come back and play, but unless he can compete and win tournaments, I don't see it being anything more than a brief stint - Einstein wouldn't sit around doing math if he struggled with basic algebra and that's where TW is right now...

At least we know what clubs he would have been playing... courtesy of Jeremy Sheehan on Twitter who was at the event today at Pebble.

https://twitter.com/jeremyashaheen/status/785622207900725248

IMG_8626.JPG

:titelist-small: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana BlueBoard S+ 62g

:callaway-small: Diablo Octane Tour 15° Fujikura Motore F3 S-60

:callaway-small: Big Bertha Hawk Eye VFT 5W Callaway RCH-96

:mizuno-small: MP-22 HMB 19° N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120

:mizuno-small:  MP-55 4-PW N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 54.8 DGS400

:cleveland-small:  RTX-3 RAW 60.6 DGS400

:cameron-small:  Studio Style Newport 2.5

:titelist-small:  ProV1

I read an article on ESPN GO, titled "Making Sense of Tigers desicion" and it talks about how Ben Hogan, at the age of 36, was in a near fatal car accident. It said he came back and won 4 U.S. Opens, 2 Masters and 1 U.S. Campionship. Now I'm not up to date on the extent of Tigers back injury, but I'm willing to bet his problem is more mental now then physical. We all know that 90% of the game is half mental. My guess. He's a little afraid. One bad shot, leads to another and another. Most of us have been there. However, this turns out. I wish him well and hope he gets to retire on his own terms.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think it's mental at this stage also. However, after him spending the week at the Ryder he got a first-hand close up view of what some of these guys are capable of. Personally, I think Tiger is done. It was good ride and I sure enjoyed watching him.

I don't buy Tiger's lame line about his game being venerable. Everyone's game is in one way or another. Anyway...

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm honestly starting to wonder if he'll ever do a full schedule like he used to.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I'm ready Kenny. How about a little $5 Nassau? LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I'm ready Kenny. How about a little $5 Nassau? LOL

LOL.  Agreed!!  

On Tiger...  he has to set goals in competition.  He can't wait until he THINKS he can win to come back.  That's not realistic.  His first goal would be to play on the weekend, then maybe a top 20.  Once he can get to a top 10 finish, then I would say the goal is to win.  Of course, he could win at any given tournament he enters, but that is not what he should expect.  IF he his healthy enough to play, then he should be playing in competition to gain confidence.  He won't find it unless he is out on tour.  Get out there Tiger!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

I think it's mental at this stage also. However, after him spending the week at the Ryder he got a first-hand close up view of what some of these guys are capable of. Personally, I think Tiger is done. It was good ride and I sure enjoyed watching him.

I don't buy Tiger's lame line about his game being venerable. Everyone's game is in one way or another. Anyway...

Likely a combination of many things, but the result is the same. TW knows he isn't capable of playing at a level where he can consistently compete against the best players in the world right now.

I think he's trying to wage a war on two fronts. One is against himself, his body and his own desire to put in the time necessary to compete at the level he wants to. The other is against an entire generation of players, the vast majority of whom would love to tee it up next to Tiger, but aren't the least bit intimidated by playing with him. 

After committing to Safeway, then withdrawing, he should have at least shown up and played the crowd and sponsors that showed up to see him.  But that takes class.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it is official now. The Hero Challenge will be Tiger's Season Debut. Not surprising as it has no cut and only 18 players. I would not be surprised if he won it or finished dead last. Anything could happen

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it is official now. The Hero Challenge will be Tiger's Season Debut. Not surprising as it has no cut and only 18 players. I would not be surprised if he won it or finished dead last. Anything could happen

LOL...  I'm guessing he'll win the event.  What better way to come back and put a "W" in the books then to win at his tournament with the limited field of 18?  He did always say that he wouldn't come back until he thought he could win.  I guess he's hedging the bet on this one!  I still think he'll put quite a few more wins in the books and at least tie Jack's Major record.  I can't believe that he would come this close and not finish it out - I just don't see that in him.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

It will be enjoyable to watch Tiger once again on the Tee.....

Archived