TESTERS WANTED! ×

ShotScope Shot Tracking System - First Round Review

Received an interesting package from Scotland today - the Shot Scope wrist mounted shot tracking system. It's very similar to GameGolf or Arcoss, but the device is worn on your wrist.

The makers say they've developed technology that allows the system to detect shots without "tagging," as you'd have to do with Game Golf. Have. I idea if it works, but will give it a go this weekend.

Question for the group, is this something you'd be interested in for a Forum Member Test/Review?

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463604.524064.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463614.640658.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463624.508216.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463639.325657.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463650.343225.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463659.379620.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463670.630987.jpg

ImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1476463679.799166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

furu did a little review a couple of days ago.

Yeah - saw that one.  Would the forum like the opportunity to do likewise?  

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

think this would be an interesting review......each of the current big names have their own drawbacks, which is why i haven't really considered getting one.....for me, i would never use Arcos because you have to keep your phone in your pocket.  If it's really lightweight, I might be able to stand something on my wrist, although I'm not crazy about that either.

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I don't think I would be. Furu has a recent review up that pretty good. Check it out.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

They could have saved the postage and sent it down the road to me in the UK to review for them!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Looks great, Interested in your feedback after playing around with it.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

That's certainly an interesting-looking gadget, and would be awesome to try out on the course. Hope it works out for you on the course, and your review will be a good read I'm sure.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

Like others, not a fan of things on my wrist when playing.

I do like the idea of shot tracking but haven't found my favorite method yet.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Another nothing on my wrist guy here, but it would interesting to hear your take on it.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Now if the wrist gadget was also a gps then that'd be sweet

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Now if the wrist gadget was also a gps then that'd be sweet

That is my main concern with it. The number of people playing with GPS watches - every single one of those is a missed potential customer.

Would it be ok with just a small screen showing distance to front, center and back? Or do watch-guys need more info (layup, hazards) ?

That is my main concern with it. The number of people playing with GPS watches - every single one of those is a missed potential customer.

Would it be ok with just a small screen showing distance to front, center and back? Or do watch-guys need more info (layup, hazards) ?

I'm a wrist GPS wearer, find it useful and have basic one but would be helpful to see add'l info on front/back to each hazard and into a dogleg.

I tried out the Izzo game tracker system - clips to your belt - and was quite disappointed with its accuracy and with the problematic tags that refused to stay seated in the butt of the club...

That said, I'd be interested in testing / reviewing a little more "heavy duty" product :-)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Does the device have to be on your wrist to work?  If not, couldn't you take the watchband off and keep it in your pocket?  It seems like that would be a great option.  If the watchband doesn't come off, I am sure someone handy could come up with a way to fasten it to a belt even if you could just loop it around your belt like you would your wrist. 

Why not give it a go?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Does the device have to be on your wrist to work?  If not, couldn't you take the watchband off and keep it in your pocket?  It seems like that would be a great option.  If the watchband doesn't come off, I am sure someone handy could come up with a way to fasten it to a belt even if you could just loop it around your belt like you would your wrist. 

The wristband registers the swing/hitting the ball. You have to wear it on the lead arm (left for right handed golfers). If you don't wear the wristband, no swing is registered and no stats are collected. 

This thing is interesting.  I don't remember seeing it at the PGA Show.  Perhaps will have to look for it next year.   ;)  I'm intrigued...  Following barbajo & furu's threads on this deal.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I wonder if instead of the wrist band they could use the sensor that attaches to the golf glove.

I bet the wrist band just takes a little getting used to. If the data it collects helped my game I would wear it every few rounds.

If someone could invent a slice fix that you wear on your wrist I would definitely be in!

Golf Everyday!

Irons: Cleveland 588 mb / True Temper DG S300 / Std. Length and lie

Driver: Cleveland 588 Custom / Aldila 2KXV NV 75 Stiff

3W: Cleveland 588 / stock stiff shaft

5W: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour / stock stiff shaft

Right Handed

Massachusetts

Somewhere in the 80s

Interesting any feedback yet?

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Using the ShotScope as we speak. Hardly notice the wristband while playing

Forgot the insert for my putter, but the stats should still be interesting. Easy to use and I like not "tagging" like you have to with Game Golf.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So one round in the books -- the thing is pretty darned accurate and very easy to use.

First things first, as furu pointed out in his review, you do have to "pin collect" the pin location. This is pretty simple do to - after  you've sunk your putt and are getting the ball out of the hole, just hit the button on the wrist band that corresponds to the number of putts you've taken (if you 5 putt, you're out of luck I guess).  If you do this right over the hole, the wrist band will remember where the whole was and locate it properly when you upload the round to your computers. 

That's the only manual thing you have to do during the round -- every other shot is picked up seamlessly. You don't have to "tag" like you do with Game Golf.  I don't know how the heck they do it, but apparently the wrist band picks up contact when you strike the ball.  It just knows.

You can upload the round either through your phone using the ShotScope app and BlueTooth, or directly to your computer using the USB cord that comes with it.  All in all it's very, very easy to use.

I forgot to install the tag for my putter, so I had to edit the round afterwards and get an approximation of where my putts started out.  Since the program already knew how many putts I had, all I had to do was drag and drop the shot locations to the approximate spots on the green. Close enough for government work...

You need to add in penalty shots - that's fairly easy to do.  You can do lateral hazards or stroke and distance if need be.  

There's a computer app you can download - it'll pop up whenever you connect via USB. It provides a direct link to your account on the ShotScope website where all your stats are stored. 

As with Game Golf and others, the stats are pretty exhaustive -- fairways hit, average distance with each club, etc.  Nothing revolutions - although I do need to find out what "ShotScope Average Distance" is all about.  

Now about the wristband -- it ain't what you'd call "dainty."  It's the size and weight of many of the GPS watches you see out there.  I didn't find it obtrusive at all during the round - after a few swings on the range I forgot I had it on - it certainly wasn't uncomfortable and was basically unnoticeable.  If you've worn a GPS watch or a wrist watch while playing, this thing really isn't any different.  Didn't bother me in the least, although if you're the type who can't stand anything on your wrist while playing, this thing obviously isn't for you.

Bottom line - it's incredibly easy to use, even for a techno-fool like me, and provides plenty of useful stats.  As furu mentioned, there is no real "social" aspect to this unit as of yet, which might be fun if you're into that sort of thing.  It does not function as a usable on-course GPS, however.  If you use a GPS watch I'm not sure how you'd use this too -- you'd look like a shady street vendor (hey buddy, wanna buy a watch?)/

My two favorite features are the no-tagging before the shot.  I used a Game Golf for a while last year and remembering to "tag" drove me to distraction.  The other feature I like is that it is, in fact, wrist mounted.  After 5 rounds with my Game Golf I lost the belt-mounted device somewhere on the course an never found it.  As long as you don"t lose y our wrist you won't lose this thing. 

They're on sale on ShotScope's website right now for $224 (regularly $280). There's also a 20% discount if you sign up for their newsletter - not sure if that can be applied on top of the introductory offer.  The $224 price puts it in the neighborhood of Game Golf Live - but without the GPS function for your phone.  The ShotScope app is used primarily for syncing your round, although you can reach what they call your Dashboard via your phone"s browser - that's where all your stats are kept. 

And yes, I busted a 306 yard drive on #3 - got it all and had a little help from a downslope... :rolleyes:

Any questions boys, fire away...

shotscope 3.jpg

shotscope 4.jpg

shotscope 5.jpg

Shotscope1.jpg

shotscope2.jpg

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Barbajo -

Interesting review - good info! Sounds like a top contender in this category.

Question: since you didn't have the putter tag, is that what prevented the device from auto-marking your shots onto the green?

(ie. a putt would register the endpoint of your approach shot?)

Thanks!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

After I holed out, I hit the button to register the number of putts. As far as the unit knew, the putts all took place at the cup.

Was able to edit the location of the putts after the round. Wasn't perfect, but close enough.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The ONLY thing stopping me from scoping this out is the non-GPS feature. If they had that, I'd bust out the card and order one.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived