TESTERS WANTED! ×

Driver Vs. Driver - Craziest Ideas

GolfSpy Barbajo

Gotta share this one -- a couple of the craziest ideas submitted to Driver Vs. Driver (Episode 2 tonite).  What these guys lack in golf knowledge they more than make up for in enthusiasm.

Not to mention crazy!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Oh my!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I watched the first episode and hope that tomorrow night's episode has some better candidates.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

LOL some of those ideas are not new. In the 30s and 40s a lot of wood clubs had a "waffle" type pattern on the face. The shotgun shell thing is not new either someone did it I think to help handicapped people drive the ball no joke. The Hole in the center thing has been done countless times in one version or the other The most notable was the Mac Burrows metal woods  but the holes were not all the way through and on the sole

I have not watched the show and lost all desire to see it when on one of the advertisements promoting the show had a guy supposedly an inventor who did not know what COG was when asked. Did not mean to rain on anyone's parade just my .02 FWIW

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I have not watched the show and lost all desire to see it when on one of the advertisements promoting the show had a guy supposedly an inventor who did not know what COG was when asked. Did not mean to rain on anyone's parade just my .02 FWIW

Yeah, they have some weeding out to do.  I gotta think some of these people made the cut just so they could be voted off the island.  

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Yeah, they have some weeding out to do. I gotta think some of these people made the cut just so they could be voted off the island.

Agreed - they had to have SOME 'American Idol Blooper' type moments for TV. The fly swatter guy comes to mind. He literally had no concept product after he learned his original idea was illegal.

In reality there are probably 4-5 legitimate designs out there, but Wilson had to make a production out of the first few episodes rather than cutting to just the legitimate designs

• SPY VIP

Anyone else get a bit visually irritated by the set?

I'm enjoying the content so far, but there is something bit off in the set that makes it strain my old guy eyes. Too much red maybe? I know that's the WS color, but it's a bit much or unbalanced or something.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Anyone else get a bit visually irritated by the set?

I'm enjoying the content so far, but there is something bit off in the set that makes it strain my old guy eyes. Too much red maybe? I know that's the WS color, but it's a bit much or unbalanced or something.

Old guy eyes?  WTH?  I thought I played with you last fall on my way up I-5; must have been your son!!    :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

Old guy eyes?  WTH?  I thought I played with you last fall on my way up I-5; must have been your son!!    :D

Old seems to be happening fast. I find my fist shaking more and more as I yell at the damn kids to get off of my lawn :D

Volvo Intorqueo

Also is it just me or did anyone else think it was a bit cheesy to have the Driver vs Driver logo on Brendan's Steele's hat. I know it's marketing and such, but just seemed a bit too much for me.

Also is it just me or did anyone else think it was a bit cheesy to have the Driver vs Driver logo on Brendan's Steele's hat. I know it's marketing and such, but just seemed a bit too much for me.

I agree with you on principal but then again if they were paying me as much money as they are probably paying him I would wear any logo they wanted as long as it was not vulgar or generally offensive

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I agree with you on principal but then again if they were paying me as much money as they are probably paying him I would wear any logo they wanted as long as it was not vulgar or generally offensive

Oh I agree. I don't blame Steele at all. I was meaning it was cheesy on Wilson's part to have him do it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I am sorry, but these two episodes have been a large waste of time.  I understand they wanted to show how hard it is to design a new driver, but they could have consolidate these first two episodes into one.

These presentations have been brutal and it has just been tough to watch.  Thank god there is DVR to get through a lot of the crap.

I am sorry, but these two episodes have been a large waste of time. I understand they wanted to show how hard it is to design a new driver, but they could have consolidate these first two episodes into one.

These presentations have been brutal and it has just been tough to watch. Thank god there is DVR to get through a lot of the crap.

I haven't watched either one, but I was thinking they're stretching very little "content" across an abnormally large period of time... I couldn't watch the Big Break shows for the same reason. I DVRd last night just so I could only watch the designs when presented. I didn't understand two weeks between shows either... No momentum. Lastly, Urlacher on the panel? That one person told me this has a LOT of fluff in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I enjoyed the 2 episodes. Ill be back for episode 3. Its still a reality show. The first few episodes of each one is always about weeding out competitors. I like the fact it didnt go deep into their lives. We know enough about each one so you know a little bit but not so much it sappy. We get down to the really fun stuff next week. Im excited 

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

I am sorry, but these two episodes have been a large waste of time.  I understand they wanted to show how hard it is to design a new driver, but they could have consolidate these first two episodes into one.

These presentations have been brutal and it has just been tough to watch.  Thank god there is DVR to get through a lot of the crap.

I honestly tried to watch it I think last night and lost interest after 5 minutes and call me an old fogie I switched the channel and watched a Matlock rerun

G

• SPY VIP

Did a lot of FF> last night when I watched it. Still way too red on set too IMO

Volvo Intorqueo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived