Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Who is the worse type of golfer?

Liberty Ball Markers

We've really aired out our feelings about course designs and features we do/don't like lately. How about playing partners? It's probably been talked about a million times, but we all have played with 'that guy' before.

I play with a guy every Saturday, who has a few 'issues'... He is a good friend of mine, and I got him started playing golf in the first place:

First, he will only play on Saturday, because "he needs time to recover". Seriously? We're not climbing Mt. Everest here, or even walking for that matter! But, on every shot, he is so tense and holding his breath, that you can see the veins in his hands swell, his eyes bulge, and he lets out a huge gasp after every shot. He probably does wear himself out...

Same guy - shows up on Saturday, first thing he says is "Gonna make a few tweaks today, after watching some videos, I really think that I'm on to something." This happens every time, and then he gives up on his latest cure-all by the turn.

Same guy - struggles to break 100 (you probably saw that coming), and has never broken 90. He's 3 years into playing this game... but, when he actually pars a hole, he struts around like a peacock and starts giving all sorts of instruction (until he blows up a hole or 2 later).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have a buddy that likes to play, but I have a feeling it is only so he has someone to do something with. He isn't good and he isn't terrible. What he is, is very inconsistent. If all is going well, he has a good time. If not, he turns into Eeyore...... where's ma tail........... I hate this game! I'm done with this stupid @ss game! He can make an otherwise enjoyable day into a day that you can't wait to be done with. Not much fun.

I have a good buddy at my club that is a really nice guy but I hate playing golf with him. Way too serious...I mean over the top serious. His obsession with Tiger is mind boggling to the point he swapped out his Nike irons and bought Muiras when that rumor was floating around. Good news is he spent $3k on irons and now back to the Nike irons for comfort sake. The only good thing about playing with him is when there is a money game I am in his head I the range and he is doing well to fund my kids' college funds.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

For me it comes down to attitude, I'm perfectly fine with playing with any level of skill but if you start being a jerk in any form or fashion then no thanks.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

A player that dresses to impress and talks the talk, but ends up taking a walk in to the woods, bushes, bunkers, tops tops the ball, hits it fat and blames them on the club. A player that checks a putt from all angles, squats to get the line for about a minute, stands and takes about 6 practice strokes finally to leave it 3 feet short. A player that does not wait for his playing partners to finish putting and walks off to their cart, never helps in placing the flag back in the hole even if he was the first one to finish putting. A player that wants to finish the round in 3 hours...WTH!!

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

He worst type of golfer is the one that plays very deliberate, every move that gets made is very calculated, and takes forever when they get on the green, they have a routine, and stick to it, I am all for a routine, but pick up the pace a little while doing your routine.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

On the weekends my wife and I ride, but during the week I walk with a few guys at the club on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Sometimes the brother of one of the guys shows up.  He's a Doctor and quite a good player (reminds me of Rev).  After we all tee off, he is usually the longest in our group and walks very quickly to his ball, oblivious to where the rest of us are.  So we have to wait until he gets out of our way to hit our next shot.  I really don't like people in front of me because I will invariably hit a bad shot.  I worry that I might hit him, and I almost have a couple of times.  One of these days, he might need a Doctor!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Golfers who aren't ready to play when it's their turn are the ones that aggravate me the most.

I think that slows up play more the individuals golf ability.

Bugs me the most on the green. If you're furthest away putt, and if it's close, finish it up and move on.

Golf Everyday!

Irons: Cleveland 588 mb / True Temper DG S300 / Std. Length and lie

Driver: Cleveland 588 Custom / Aldila 2KXV NV 75 Stiff

3W: Cleveland 588 / stock stiff shaft

5W: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour / stock stiff shaft

Right Handed

Massachusetts

Somewhere in the 80s

I have one good friend who is about the same skill level as me maybe a little better at times. However, on errant shots. Ones hard to find. He seems to find it every time. Even in spots I already checked.

Another guy I know. He will talk about how good he is. I'll guess his Handicap is about a 10 or 12. He does hit the ball well with a few bad shots. However, he moves his ball before every shot. That's what I hate most.

And the guys who never count penalties and claim how good they are.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The guy that feels compelled to give swing advice. He can't break 90, but he SURE knows what's wrong with my swing. "Hmm. Your swing is too flat..." I've been at some get-togethers for website forums and it seems there's one in every group!

The other is the guy who can't break 90 and shows-up dressed head-to-toe in exact copy of a pro's clothing. The shoes, shirt, hat, socks, glove, the WHOLE shootin' match. They "scripted" their outfit and it took them seven days to get it all perfect. Kills me. Looking nice is one thing, but wearing Fowler's bright orange get-up and stroking a 105 just irks me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On the weekends my wife and I ride, but during the week I walk with a few guys at the club on Mondays and Wednesdays. Sometimes the brother of one of the guys shows up. He's a Doctor and quite a good player (reminds me of Rev). After we all tee off, he is usually the longest in our group and walks very quickly to his ball, oblivious to where the rest of us are. So we have to wait until he gets out of our way to hit our next shot. I really don't like people in front of me because I will invariably hit a bad shot. I worry that I might hit him, and I almost have a couple of times. One of these days, he might need a Doctor!!

Wait he reminds you of me. How should I take that? :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have to agree with some of the comments above. But mostly I can't stand extremely slow players. I know I am probably one of the fastest players out there as I take no practice swings with my long clubs or putter yet I keep a low handicap. I don't expect someone to do the same but the player that takes 4+ practice swings I find so hard to play with

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Wait he reminds you of me. How should I take that? :)

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not the oblivious part!!   B)   Same build, same beard, same swing playing a draw; he's maybe a little longer but less accurate; about same hcp, I think.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I played with 2 groups of hard core instruction online forum gurus last weekend. They were great guys , but terrible playing partners. Videoing every swing and analyzing each other every shot. One guy even did a full course blog. Very annoying , and threw me off . It's a golf swing , not rocket science. And on top of it they couldn't break an egg and threw my game completely off.

I played with 2 groups of hard core instruction online forum gurus last weekend. They were great guys , but terrible playing partners. Videoing every swing and analyzing each other every shot. One guy even did a full course blog. Very annoying , and threw me off . It's a golf swing , not rocket science. And on top of it they couldn't break an egg and threw my game completely off.

I have to agree with some of the comments above. But mostly I can't stand extremely slow players. I know I am probably one of the fastest players out there as I take no practice swings with my long clubs or putter yet I keep a low handicap. I don't expect someone to do the same but the player that takes 4+ practice swings I find so hard to play with

I totally agree! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't take practice swings! I might do a few on chip shots to get a feel for the grass, but that's about it. Maybe a slow-mo check on my backswing with the driver, but that's not very often either.

About once a month, we play with a guy who looks like a helicopter with all the rapid fire practice swings, then he finally says "that's the one", steps up to the ball, and hits it into the woods...

I don't wear a glove either, so the guys constantly messing with the glove kill me too...

My worst enemy is the guy that plays slow, won't pick up at all and reacts when he misses his shots. Basically a guy who stinks, is slow and does nothing about it. 

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Archived