TESTERS WANTED! ×

What are you guilty of on the golf course?

WhiteChocolate

I've noticed the few threads on what golfers don't like about other courses and players and it made me start thinking of things I do on the course that I bet other people can't stand.

I am kind of selfish on the course sometimes. Don't help look for balls, walk ahead to my ball (staying out of the way but still ahead), miss my groups shots and can't help tell them where it went. Missing good shots from others in my group.

What are you guilty of on the course?

Golf Everyday!

Irons: Cleveland 588 mb / True Temper DG S300 / Std. Length and lie

Driver: Cleveland 588 Custom / Aldila 2KXV NV 75 Stiff

3W: Cleveland 588 / stock stiff shaft

5W: Callaway Diablo Octane Tour / stock stiff shaft

Right Handed

Massachusetts

Somewhere in the 80s

Not making enough birds.

But seriously, I'm not sure. If anything it's that I tend to keep my mouth shut. Sure if a guy hits a nice shot I acknowledge it. At times. But when a guy hits a bad shot/putt I keep my trap shut. He doesn't need me consoling him or telling him what happened. He knows.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I've noticed the few threads on what golfers don't like about other courses and players and it made me start thinking of things I do on the course that I bet other people can't stand.

I am kind of selfish on the course sometimes. Don't help look for balls, walk ahead to my ball (staying out of the way but still ahead), miss my groups shots and can't help tell them where it went. Missing good shots from others in my group.

What are you guilty of on the course?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByMyGolfSpy1477225899.250458.jpg

I'm the same way. I'm always the one trying to keep the group moving at a reasonable pace.

That doesn't mean that I don't play slow at times. If I'm out on a nice day and I KNOW that the group behind us is not very good, and the group in front isn't any better............ I just drink with the guys and play at whatever the pace dictates. I have also been guilty of looking for a ball a tad too long, because damn it...... It's right here! -_-

I'm guilty of trying to 'hurry' a slow group in front of us. Once we've had eye contact while we wait on them more than once without even a hint of a wave-thru, i start scoping the rear guy with my rangefinder and laying up about 10 yards behind them. Usually only takes a hole or 2 to get the hint...

Don't get me wrong - if the whole course is packed and no one has anywhere to go, it's just the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not sure if it's bad, but I tend to walk ahead to my ball only to make the game go a little quicker. I do stay out of the other golfers shot path, don't want to get hit. If I'm guilty of anything, it's probably not looking at where the other persons ball goes. I lose track of the as soon as it passes about a hundred yards, bad eye sight I guess .

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I'm notorious for having one song in my head and mumbling it under my breath when I am and only I am hitting. But I can see how it may throw someone off

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I also laugh out loud at bad times... Someone hits a monster slice into the woods, and I just burst out "Wow! Did you see that thing go?" I do the same thing on my bad shots, but I've learned that some guys feel differently about their own...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Not making enough birds.

But seriously, I'm not sure. If anything it's that I tend to keep my mouth shut. Sure if a guy hits a nice shot I acknowledge it. At times. But when a guy hits a bad shot/putt I keep my trap shut. He doesn't need me consoling him or telling him what happened. He knows.

hahaha   For me I'm guilty of making too many bogeys, but I don't make enough birdies to cover them either.

I guess when we get the opportunity to play together, there won't be much talking going on.    ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Met a bunch of online golfers the other weekend.They were big in online instruction.Worst thing I'm guilty of is listening to them for swing advice.Just seems like online golf junkies are really a head case when it comes to instruction.Plus the one chap says he hits 290 in posts.I scanned his drive with gps and he averaged 245 ish all day.

Next time just nod and smile

Having a good time. I'm always guilty of having a good time when I play golf.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I don't look for balls all the time and will quit a hole and get on my phone without telling anyone. That and get way too angry sometimes.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Night putting, it's my favorite time to putt.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf