Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

SURVEY: How has MyGolfSpy influenced your game?

GolfSpy Barbajo

I have not purchased anything as of yet,but i truly enjoy that golfers like myself are testing and reviewing golf products that i use or may potentially use. I want everyone to keep up the good work. And keep me informed as a golfer. Thank you MyGolfSpy

Titleist 910 7.5 driver,callaway 48,56 degree wedges.ping g irons 5-pw purple dot.19,21 degree titleist 913 hybrids.

In regards to the questions posed, I would offer the following....

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?
 I have purchased Srixon balls, Sketchers Go Golf shoes, and component heads/shafts/grips based on product reviews/discussions.

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

For sure! Not only is there information provided by staff articles, but you can open up a forum thread and get feedback from other players. After decades of living with 'off the shelf' gear, the site opened up a world of fitting and customization that I had not been aware of for 'weekend warriors'. Many long time golfers assume others are aware of these things, but not everyone has the advantage of local club builders/fitters or even knowledgeable retail staff who can properly fit you. Yes, it actually does make a world of difference!

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)
 I have indeed lowered my scores. I consistently broke 90 this summer with a low gross of 85. This is a drop of 7-8 shots a round over last year. A change of ball (to Q-Star), and working on properly sized clubs (shorter shafted driver and putter) led to more distance AND accuracy off the tee, and fewer 3 putts.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How?

Obviously lower scores help to make the game more enjoyable. Just as important however is hitting more QUALITY shots per round. Hitting greens on approach shots that you missed previously for example because your tee shots are 20 yards closer. Making more quality chips and pitches because your balls now spin and check, instead of of releasing too much is another example. Feeling like your equipment and your skills have BOTH improved such that you look forward to playing, and have the expectation of a posting decent score.

Questions:

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

Purchased an M1 Driver, based on the most wanted driver and a personal demo.....and I may be buying the Precision Pro rangefinder in the near future based on the review thread

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golfequipment?

I no longer take the manufacturers word for everything, and read MANY reviews from different sites, especially this one....we all know some of those words are bought and paid for

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

I am hitting the M1 very well, I couldn't say if it has actually lowered my scores or by how much....but I do have a great deal of confidence with it

I enjoy the game no matter what, but having a driver you love and are confident in, is always a pleasure

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

1. Bought no, tested or demo'd yes.

2. MGS has opened me up to giving the small companies a better chance.

3. N/A

4. N/A

More than likely my first purchase that'll be able to be listed are either the Snell or Kirkland balls in the spring when it'll be time to restock for the 2017 season.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? (Please list which ones.)

Taylormade M2 Driver and 3W, Evnroll Putter, Snell Balls

I really enjoy unbiased review. It's nice getting an honest opinion and being able to see unpaid reviews based on facts and numbers rather than shameless promotion of a product with zero stats.

The Evnroll putter saves me probably 2 putts a round based on confidence knowing that on an offcentre hit, I'm still going to be close to the line I picked. The M2s are just really long and really forgiving.

I always used to be scared to 3-putt. With the Evnroll I'm much more confident and that makes being on the green much more enjoyable. The M2s just look and feel so good that even on poor swings, I'm only 1 fairway over rather than 3.

Questions:

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? Yes, Cobra driver, fairways, hybrids and Irons. I filled out the entire Bio-Cell set after writing a review on the irons. Ping Ketsch putter. Bellum-Winmore putter. Snell Go Sum and My Tour Ball. SCOR irons(41, 45, 49, 53, 57 degree irons. Pure grips.

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment? I turn it over a lot quicker than I used to....always looking for better technology to keep my game from slipping away as I get older.

Not really, but they have helped me maintain my average 15-18 Hcap

They have given me a sense of confidence and that yields a more positive attitude.

Thanks guys - looking forward to your input!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? (Please list which ones.)

Yes, Nike AirHybrid bag

No, but I do enjoy reading the reviews and kits you guys put together.

No, it's a bag.

Yes, my bag is organized how I want it to be, simplifying how I use the bag.

Questions:

1a. Ketsch putter

1b. Bag Boy triswivel push cart

1c. Bushnell tour v3 slope edition

1d. Taylormade Sldr 430

1e. Taylormade PSI

At the end of the day it's about statistics. The products that come out top are shown to improve strike and consistency.

Went from 18hcp to a 7hcp with in 2 years.

By far. Anytime you can finish a round of golf feeling like you are improving makes you want to come back even sooner.

Question 1- yes, I ended up buying a taylormade m1 last year when you had that interactive chart comparing the M1 vs the Cobra King. Knowing all my swing stats, I could see the M1 was the better fit for me- then I went and tested both clubs and found my stats matched almost to the number with your chart.

Question 2- mygolfspy has opened my eyes to reality vs marketing BS that all the companies use.

Question 3- hard to say as lessons have certainly helped, but the hdcp has dropped in last year from 3.4 to 1.2. I stripe the M1 so that correlation can be made.

Question 4- yes, fairways are way more fun to play out of than the rough.

In the bag
Callaway Paradym triple diamond 
Callaway Paradym 3 wood
Ping G410 19* Hybrid
Ping G425 9 wood
Callaway Apex pro combo set 5-P
Cleveland Zipcore 50-55-60
Odyssey 

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

SCOR Wedges, not a puchase but a review of MLA putters added a putter to my bag.

I look here before anywhere else when looking in to new equipment.

The MLA putter has shaved 2 to 3 shots a round, I'm still adjusting to the SCOR wedges, but they are breaking even with the wedges they replaced, so hopeful scoring will improve as I get used to them.

I'm definitely enjoying golf more playing with the MLA putter. Put simply, I'm more chance to put the ball in the hole.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Yes, Power Bilt Air Force One driver.  

How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

Don't trust anyone. Test the equipment before you buy.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores?

No, worst driver I've ever hit in my life.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more?

No.

No, I haven't purchased any equipment since joining MyGolfSpy

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

It's made me think about purchasing equipment from brands I'd never considered or heard of before, such as Exotics, Wilson Staff & Snell.

No, see Answer 1.

See Answer 1

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

I haven't made a purchase yet, but because of the evnroll putters article, I've done research and am leaning towards the product.

Yes, while I still read my golf digest magazine, I now find myself not giving into the gimmicks. The reviews are much more informative then the ads, and actually believable.

Can't say they have yet, but if I get the putter, I believe based on your articles I'll be having a better roll on the ball.

Again, can't say they have... Yet!!

RossCJohnson

1. Yes, the DST Compressor

2. The "Clubfitting 101" piece has confirmed my decision to get fit with True Spec Golf.

3. The DST Compressor probably helped knock 2 strokes of my handicap this past summer.  The DST became a regular part of after work range sessions before hitting the course on the weekend. 

4. Yes, the DST helped me develop a swing with consistent forward shaft line, yielding more compression and consistency in my iron plan (distance and accuracy).   

Currently Playing:

• Callaway Epic MAX LS
  • TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium
  • Callaway X-Forged Utility
  • Srixon Z765
  • Cleveland RTX4
  • Evnroll ER1.2

​Yep - the M2 and the Wilson C200

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

Completely

Gradually - definitely the irons

Absolutely - more enjoyable rather than frustrating.

Questions:

Yes, I bought the Odyssey White Hot RX1, Snell golf balls, and the Precision Pro Nexus range finder. I have also considered pulling trigger on new RTX 3.0 wedges but am waiting to see what people think in their reviews.

It has made me a more informed consumer. I have spent time learning about things like bounce, why stronger lofts are a function of optimal launch trajectories, how different weighting affects flight, and some other functional aspects of clubs.

I have always been a very data driven person and MyGolfSpy caters to my need for transparent data analysis.

My last putter was a 15 year old Zebra putter... I never thought I was losing "that much" from putts, but I have picked up about 2 strokes from switching putters.

Range finder probably hasn't saved me many strokes (I used GPS before and could get distances close enough for my skill level), but it saves me time on the course (which is also valuable).

Faster rounds and better scores... What more could you ask for.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Mini

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lie (3)

Irons: 5-A Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 (56/60)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot RX 1

1) I bought a 2015 Cobra adjustable driver based on the review ranking it one of the best drivers of 2015.

2) The information provided helps me look at products through the unbiased eyes of MGS. With all of the advertisements, social media, etc, it can be hard to filter through all of that.

3) Still too soon to know for sure if the driver has lowered my scores. Definitely getting some straighter, longer drives, when I hit it right.

4) It's exciting to take a new piece of equipment to the course and put it to use.

1. No, but I do read some of the reviews.

2. It has made me realize that there's a sucker born every minute and people think if it costs more, it must be better. I've learned that that's simply not the case.

3. No. I shoot the same scores regardless of equipment and I've tried a ton.

4.I enjoy the game, period.

COBRA KING LTD Matrix Ozik HD6

ADAMS Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

CLEVELAND GlideRail 20.5* Kuro Kage 80i

CALLAWAY Apex Forged 5-PW UST Recoil 680

INNOVEX Type S GDT 50* & 54* Kuro Kage 80i

ODYSSEY Tri-ball SRT 34"

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  Getting ready to get  some Kirkland golf ball as soon as the testing comes out

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment? It does make me think about what golf equipment to purchase and it gives me more research

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.) No because you can't help me with the 6 inches between my ears!

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How? I hope to purchase more game improving products because of my golf spy

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  Yes, bought the Ping Ketsch putter based on trial results.I have also bought Snell golf balls, will be buying Kirkland next spring.  I read reviews before purchasing Adams XTD forged irons and Vokey wedges.

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment? It gives me an independent review to research before buying.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.) Had an inconsistent year but short game improved with wedges and putter.  Should have followed best driver for more consistency.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How?  Playing better.

Driver: Stealth+, stiff VA composites Nemesys. 

3wood: Cobra speedzone (16*) stiff Tensei

hybrid: TBD

Irons: Sub70 combo all RAW finish 5-7 659 CB, 8-AW 659 TC 

Wedges: Sub70 JB Raw full groove 54* ( 10* bounce), 60* ( 6* bounce)

Putter: Rife 2 bar ( but this can change daily )

1. DST Compressor 

2. All the companies can do all this fancy marketing but MyGolfSpy has shown that unbiased testing actually will show the pros and cons of equipment. 

3. I must say that the DST Compressor (thanks GolfSpyDan) has taught me to strike the ball at a better position. 

4. Golf seems a little more fun now that my ball striking is better! 

Twitter: @EdmundCruz 

@ChiGolfAth 

What's In The Bag:

Driver:  Tour Edge Golf EX9 10 degrees, UST Mamiya ATTAS COOOL Stiff Flex
Hybrid:  Tour Edge Golf Exotics EX9 #3 Hybrid, UST MAMIYA RECOIL 670 F4 Stiff Flex
Irons:
:benhogan-small: Ft. Worth 15 Irons, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47 KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Wedges:
:benhogan-small: TK 15 Wedges, 51, 55, 59. KBS Tour 90 S-Flex Shaft
Putter: Buzelli Golf STA-1, Standard Loft/Lie
Ball:  Snell Golf My Tour Ball 

Tiba putt
DST Compressor wedge (likely buying 8-iron next summer)
Snell MTB
Putting together the cash for an ENROLL flat stick
range finder and GPS (reviews helped me identify features I wanted)

Found out club fitting is pretty important. Made me realize that for my game, advances are likely to come through a good custom fitting. This summer has been a huge learning experience and that has all been through MGS main blog and especially forum.

I have had some time off golf but I can now play and confidently shoot 70-80 where as in previous years I was a 80-90 player. I would say that is because my overall game has improved thanks to the training aids listed above.

When you shoot lower you enjoy the game more. I can only play once a week if I am lucky. So it has really helped me keep my game in shape. I have been shooting some of the best scores of my life, and that is coming off of a 10-15 year hiatus.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Cobra Fly Z driver. 

Not everything is as true as manufacturers claim. 

Yes. The driver gave me more accurate drives. Distance still the same. But it made my misses or shots predictable. 

Yes. I have found confidence hitting the driver off the tee. Which I never had for the longest time. That made me look forward to every shot I take. Instead of being fearful, I am now eager to hit off the tee. 

1. Bought no, tested or demo'd yes.

2. MGS has opened me up to giving the small companies a better chance.

3. N/A

4. N/A

More than likely my first purchase that'll be able to be listed are either the Snell or Kirkland balls in the spring when it'll be time to restock for the 2017 season.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Ok guess I need change mine.

Ordered some Kirkland balls based on the info from MGS and members here.

Sent using the MGS app!

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

So this is a tricky question. One item I did purchase based on Most Wanted testing was a Leupold GX-3i2 as I needed a new rangefinder and that one tested well. I've used Bridgestone B330-RX for years, even before MGS started using them for testing. However, all club purchases I've made in the past 4 years or so have been based on being fitted. I've bought the Callaway BBA (2014) driver and fairway wood, the XR16 Pro driver, TM RocketBladez irons, and, just recently, the XR Steelheads. The Steelheads haven't been reviewed yet, but the others have scored well in Most Wanted testing. Did I buy these items because of the testing? No, it was because I was fit for them and that's what I hit best. Which is what MGS preaches.

I do have a Scotty Cameron putter, which I love, and which usually tests terribly in Most Wanted sessions. If anything, I would like to check out Carbon Putters.

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

That you don't have to change equipment that often. Year over year, there isn't much change. If you go 3 years or so, you can then tap into new technology if you're looking to switch.

Sadly no, my scores have actually increased the past couple of years. But it's because I developed some bad tendencies and habits in my swing which I've been working on with my instructor. When I can get my swing unstuck, the new equipment sure does work well. I will say that I think the Callaway MD3 wedge and the PM Grind wedge I've bought have really helped my short game.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more?

Who doesn't like getting new equipment? At the end of the day, we're all logging into an equipment site because we love it, right?

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

Yes.

My driver and my current putter

I enjoy the feeling of reading independent reviews and testing that attempts to be totally objective and independent.

Possibly. My greatest consistency is my "inconsistency". I know what I am capable of, but rarely maintain it for 18 holes.

My Grenade driver is distinctive, especially in Australia.

When it goes well, it is awesome, still.

My Anser mallet has had others buy one, to follow suit.

Keep up the good work and do not rest on your laurels

Questions:

​Precision Pro rangefinder with 8x magnification

​I often check MyGolfSpy first to see if they have reviewed the equipment I'm interested in purchasing. I also like to see what others have to say about the equipment. I like the idea that reviews are not influenced by the manufacturers. This gives more credence to reviews in my opinion.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)  Yes!

​Precision Pro Latitude rangefinder. The Nexus was tested but at purchase I opted for the 8x which I really like. I had a GPS watch but found that I prefer the accuracy of the rangefinder best. My scores have improved10-20 strokes now that I can measure the distance exactly. On the greens I take my distance to the pin and then allow for roll to it. Since I've started using the rangefinder I find that my estimate of distances has improved greatly even when I don't break out the rangefinder. I started out trying to estimate distances and then see what the rangefinder would tell me. Now I often trust what my eye sees a lot more than before I bought the rangefinder. 

Who couldn't be excited by seeing their GIR's improve leading to more pars and birdies and in turn seeing their scores drop. Mine has been dropping steadily in the last two and a half months. I had been shooting in the low 100's and then the 90's and now this week my last two scores have been in the 80's! As you can tell, I'm always pushing myself to improve. I love to be challenged. For me, that's where the fun is in playing golf. I'm just finishing my 2nd summer season at a regulation 18 hole Municipal course. I love playing as much as I can. I find that good equipment is very important to my enjoyment of the game.

“C J”

1. I haven't purchased anything yet but that sure doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

2. It's given me a better insight on both the good and bad of the industry and has made it much easier to make better more informed decisions with my purchases.

3. Once again nothing yet but don't rule out future purchases.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.