TESTERS WANTED! ×

SURVEY: How has MyGolfSpy influenced your game?

GolfSpy Barbajo

Bought the Cobra Fly Z driver because of my golf spy. Totally love that driver. It was available in green so that is what I got. My buddies call it the grasshopper. I know I will get honest reviews of products here without the hype. I never buy anything without checking here first to see if it has been reviewed.

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

-dst compressor

-ping ketsch putter

-915d2

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment?

-All equipment isn't equal, some research may be required

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

-the dst compressor has helped me over a block in my brain about positioning at contact.  Whenever I'm not swinging well I bring it out to the range, and it fixes me up.

-Ping Ketsch putter has really awesome distance control, so I'm always near the hole

-915d2 is really forgiving.  First driver I have confidence in, and first driver I bought due to reviews

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How?

-I'm on a mission to improve and drop my scores.  Those items have helped the process.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

I purchased my Callaway XR2 driver based on the performance test done the year it came out.  I have also purchased the Snell and Vice golf balls.  

I appreciate the unbiased reviews of the equipment that help me determine what new technology is a gimmick or an item that will actually help my game.  The testing done across a broad spectrum of golfers allows me to make a decision about a club using players of my abilities and swing speeds as opposed to a pros, whom I can never hope to match (not that I'm not trying).

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

No but I enjoy the game playing with them more.   Golf lessons have lowered my scores and improved my game overall (but that is a whole other story).

Yes.  The drive was certainly an improvement over my previous driver (old TM 580).  The balls have been great and I certainly enjoy the game a little bit more when I spend less money for certain items.  A ball the plays similar to a ProV1 for half the cost a dozen makes me smile when i hit it and less upset when I lose it.

Driver: Callaway X-Hot2 Pro 9.5° Aldila ATX65 3.9 S

3 wood: Callaway X-Hot2 Pro Aldila ATX75 3.7 S 15°

3 hybrid: Callaway steelhead Ozik Program F15 65 S 19°

Irons: Callaway Apex Irons 4-GW Project X 6.0 rifle shaft +1 upright 

Wedges: Titlest SM5 S grind (bent to 55) and 60

Grips: CP2 Pro standard

Putter: Rife 2 bar 33 inch Winn supersize lite grip

Snell MTB balls; and helped me decide to buy my Taylor Made M1 driver

More reinforced than changed the idea that unbiased testing is very valuable in choosing golf equipment

Scores are coming back down after some time off and a few injuries. Fairways hit is for sure better with the M1.

The Snell "My Tour Ball" is as good a ball as I've played at a price that doesn't make me cringe when I'm standing on the box looking at a long carry over trouble.....especially when I've got my M1 in hand.

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? (Please list which ones.) I purchased Taylormade PSI Tour Irons, TM M2 Driver, Vokey Sm6 Wedges 52, 56 & 60.

2. How has MyGolfSpy changed the way you think about golf equipment? Great place to do research on new products and clubs without bias.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.) Irons are great love the 6.5 Project X shafts. Helped control ball flight and trajectory. Wedges are now x100 shafts and more accurate than "wedge" flex stock shafts.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How? Being more aware of the relationship between the shaft and club head to maximize performance.

Driver: Cleveland Hi BoreXL Tour 9.5, Graffaloy Blue X tipped shaft

3 Wood: Nike Covert 13 X

3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher Steel 15 Graffaloy Blue Proto X 

Hybrid: Snake Eyes Graffaloy Blue X 

5-PW: TaylorMade Burner 1.0

50: Nike 

56: Cleveland 588

60: Vokey Oil Can

Ball: Titelist ProV1x

• 6 years later...

Now this is a golden find. From way back, but what do all of you think for these questions? How has MGS influenced your game since you have discovered it?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The ball i play (Snell), my driver (sub70) and my putter (ping heppler fetch) are all directly influenced by MGS.  The driver and putter from testing opportunities and the ball from the ball test results.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

A LOT!

From equipment reviews, actual testing that I participated in. Balls, clubs, range finder and such. 
I changed almost everything in my bag (including the bag) and the ball I play. My handicap dropped and just as important, I gained more focus on my game due to doing testing.

I started walking the course which helped my fitness. Lost some weight. I met a lot of great people, staff and members alike.

Thank you MGS and the Forum. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Now this is a golden find. From way back, but what do all of you think for these questions? How has MGS influenced your game since you have discovered it?

I'm not sure I can even begin to elaborate on all of the things I've learned or purchased based on feedback from the MGS Forum & members - some highlights as a starter:

Would have never considered fittings before purchasing equipment.

Ball lab definitely influenced my ball purchase decision - including info on DTC options. Members here confirmed the best choices to me to try. 

Club shafts - I could spend a couple of hours on what I learned and my corresponding purchases as a result. 

That the marketing hype doesn't equate to performance on the course. That brand new driver isn't necessarily going to give you an extra 15 yds. over last year's model. Balls sold with the logo +  'Straight and Long'  aren't. 🤪

That loft matters more on irons (or any other club)  rather than the number stamped on it. 

I now know I shouldn't be influenced on purchases by the Club pro who only sells Ping Clubs and Srixon &Titleist balls and BTW gets a corresponding commission. 

A launch monitor is an important tool to use for swing speed improvement otherwise you don't have a starting point and monitoring tool. 

Importance of lessons and practice.

Always thought there was 'back room magic' to putting on new grips. I now do all of my grips and enjoy the process. 

When I joined in 2017 I considered it lucky to break 110. This afternoon I shot an 84. 

I could spend the rest of the evening further elaborating but my wife and I have a SKYPE call scheduled in a few minutes with my daughter in Australia. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can't say that MGS has influenced my game to any specific degree BUT it's been great to learn more about some smaller or DTC brands here that don't seem to get coverage elsewhere. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Wish I could give a meaningful answer but it's literally NOT quantifiable nor enumerable (yes, that's a term).

#1. MGS and the MGS Forum has raised my Golf IQ immeasurably vs where i was just a few years ago!!!!!!!!!!

Following that, in no particular order, includes things like...

-- meeting virtual friends and in a few fortunate circumstances meeting them IRL and becoming real friends 👍

-- learning about shafts and all the myriad of technical stuff associated with them;

-- learning about the differences in club heads and what might or might not work for *my* game;

-- literally a countless number of tips on anything and everything related to every little discrete nuance of playing this crazy game;

-- encouragement, support and actionable advisements to try to correct my way too many to list swing flaws;

-- the chance to participate in official forum member testing/reviews has HUGELY sharpened and improved my game!;

-- the Ball Lab has been a (dare I say) game changer in educating us the general golfing public;

-- the forums ("fora"?) have been a steady source of info, humor, engaged discourse;

--- (and sheesh i dont wanna keep dronin on but by now i think you get the idea!)

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I am playing Vice pro golf balls.

Playing one length clubs in Canada 

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed, 9°  (soon to be replace by :titleist-small: TSR2 thanks to 2023 MyGolfSpy PGA Championship Pool Sponsored by Titleist TSR Woods)
3 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:LTDx, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Hybrid - , :cobra-small:19° Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S
Irons - :cobra-small:Speedzone One length 5-GW, 
Wedges - :cobra-small:King One 56° & 60°, 
Putter -   :mizuno-small:Mcraft II
Ball -   :vice:pro

Bag  :motocaddy:Pro series

Wow!
It would be easier to find some part of my golf game that MGS has not influenced. Everything from Driver, woods, irons, wedges, putters, balls, shoes, watch, Range Finder, and even tees. It is fair to say that MGS is the #1 most popular and trusted source for golf reviews for all products golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Phillips 

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? 

Sub70 699u/699 irons, Callaway Jaws FT wedge

I've always been a gear head but MGS has filled in the blanks in areas I wasn't previously familiar.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

I don't know if they did or it was a result of playing more frequently but I am scoring lower and enjoying it.

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How?

Yes and yes. The 699u 5i is my most consistent straight club, the 699 irons are sweet for looks and gameability. The full toe Jaws wedge is a stroke saver, spin machine.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Not sure I could begin to say. 

My game and so much of the equipment I own or use is because of MGS.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 5/27/2023 at 7:59 PM, cksurfdude said:

Wish I could give a meaningful answer but it's literally NOT quantifiable nor enumerable (yes, that's a term).

#1. MGS and the MGS Forum has raised my Golf IQ immeasurably vs where i was just a few years ago!!!!!!!!!!

Following that, in no particular order, includes things like...

-- meeting virtual friends and in a few fortunate circumstances meeting them IRL and becoming real friends 👍

-- learning about shafts and all the myriad of technical stuff associated with them;

-- learning about the differences in club heads and what might or might not work for *my* game;

-- literally a countless number of tips on anything and everything related to every little discrete nuance of playing this crazy game;

-- encouragement, support and actionable advisements to try to correct my way too many to list swing flaws;

-- the chance to participate in official forum member testing/reviews has HUGELY sharpened and improved my game!;

-- the Ball Lab has been a (dare I say) game changer in educating us the general golfing public;

-- the forums ("fora"?) have been a steady source of info, humor, engaged discourse;

--- (and sheesh i dont wanna keep dronin on but by now i think you get the idea!)

Simply:  DITTO.   Well put @cksurfdude.

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (UST Mimaya MP5 40-L Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Like @cksurfdudesaid MGS has brought my golf IQ way up. I understand a hell of a lot more now about the game. 

Also training aids that I most likely would not have purchased before I did because of the site which have drastically changed my play as well.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

MGS really influenced my thoughts on the ball I play. Especially the importance of sticking with one ball all the time. I had already settled on a gamer before the series started, but the Ball Lab has been a fantastic resource for information and I use it to see if any other balls should be on my radar.

I'm not one to change clubs out of my bag often (just look at my WITB), but I wouldn't know about companies like Sub70, Takomo, or Edel without MGS. It helps to know what other options are out there beyond the big guys.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

My take is a lot like Tom the golf nuts enjoy the reviews and the discussions about equipment and courses.  While I haven't purchased anything based on MGS, it did validate my purchase of Sub 70 clubs through the positive reviews.

Also, it now provides a large network of people to lean on for opinions or information about all kinds of golf stuff.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

On 10/29/2016 at 4:56 PM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Questions:

1. I wouldn’t say I’ve made a purchase because of a review but yes, I have strongly taken that information into account before making a purchase. Especially as it relates to golf balls. 

2. I’ve been around golf for almost 40 years so I consider myself pretty savvy but there isn’t such a thing as too much information. 

3. I do think making a more informed ball choice has impacted my score. Can’t specifically say how many strokes but I would venture to guess it’s been worth at least 1-2 strokes per round. 

4. Better scores always make for a more enjoyable experience 😎

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

Another older thread, but still very relevant today and with that we want to hear your answers!

Questions:

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews? (Please list which ones.)

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I use MyGolfSpy as my buying bible. Their reviews on products are the first step in considering something new.

1- Whenever I am thinking of something new, I try to look it up in MyGolfSpy online. If they have reviewed it, their review weighs heavily on the decision to purchase. The reviews are honest and straight forward.

2- MyGolfSpy reviews equipment from guys with different swing speeds and addresses questions directly, not generically. I can usually adapt the review to my requirements and needs.

3- I can't say that their reviews have helped me lower my scores, that is up to me, but the reviews have helped me in buying or demoing  a product that I am interested in and I feel help me to enjoy the game a little more.

4- The purchases I have made after seeing the reviews is made with confidence as to what I can expect from it.

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

My most recent wedge purchase was heavily influenced by John Barba’s review of the Edison 2.0 wedge. It was through MGS that I first learned about Evnroll. It led to the purchase of an ER7 putter. It’s still in my bag. I have a Ping G400 Max driver because of an MGS review. MGS has also informed my golf ball purchases, Snell, Maxfli and Kirkland. My game, losing balls, leads me to value space. MGS has me avoiding 2-piece balls. Also having been a forum tester has me thinking about purchases more critically. And another big part of my buying decision input comes from the forum and seeing how golfers like me think about products.

3. Have these purchases lowered your scores? (List which products and how much they have lowered your scores.)

I can’t quantify this one as readily but I have noticed that I certainly don’t lose as many balls. But one of the most recent additions to my bag though came from being selected to test the Paradym X irons for the forum. I am seeing marked improvement in my iron game. I am most definitely closer to greens and am hitting more greens from longer distances than ever before and I’m seeing my scores start to come down and becoming more consistent.

Most definitely. Buying decisions are made with more confidence and that makes me more confident when on the course. And being active in the forum brings me a great deal of enjoyment. The MGS Forum is the true hidden gem of My Golf Spy. 

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

1.  Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

I bought tour exotics c722 after your review 

I got back into golf last year after a long hiatus and MyGolfSpy was integral in my choices to upgrade my clubs and what equipment I purchase. It’s the first stop when I do research

Yes, definitely. My new irons have helped me drop 4 or 5 strokes if not more

4. How have these purchases helped you enjoy the game more? How? More consistent play, less frustration on poor shots

The golf ball reviews were eye opening for me. I’ve been a titleist guy for my whole golfing life but have been able to try some different balls with confidence thanks to how you breakdown balls. 

Srixon irons. Paradym driver. Vokey wedges. Works for me!

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

TaylorMade Tour Response balls, Ping G425 3&4 Hybrids, Garmin Approach G12 watch, Rapsodo MLM launch monitor

Much less influenced by hype, more interested in data.  As a dude effect, less brand loyal.

Ping G425 hybrids.  One stroke?  Depends on found and course I’m playing.

Better knowledge on and off course.  Equipment that is better suited to my game.  Less expense, better outcomes.

Driver:  Ping G425 LST 9 degrees, stock shaft regular

Fairway: Ping G425 LST 13.5 degrees, stock shaft regular

Hybrids: Ping G425 19 and 22 degrees, stock shaft regular

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max, Project X  LZ105 5.5; 5-AW

Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 52 degrees, TT Dynamic Gold 115; Cleveland SmartSole 58 degrees, stock shaft

Putter:  Axis1 Rose with FlatCat grip

veteran.gif.ce23e65765944402b155f425df8cdfdb.gif.5b4cd6901ad1d0966d36704e6b4d9e7d.gif

image.png.2c141450bfdc56c40426d9df08a4bb4d.png

image.png.3ce9d749de4445b748c0a563eb19c35b.png

1. Have you purchased any golf products based on MyGolfSpy reviews?  (Please list which ones.)

I pay attention to the ball reviews/ball lab content and really put a lot of stock in that. There have been balls I’ve wanted to play or try but haven’t based on constancy issues.   

I always assumed with the way manufacturing is set up that you would get (almost) the same product every time. I know that there is a mean of standard deviation so nothing is 100%, but it was pretty enlightening on how even larger manufacturers still have consistency issues when making products. 

I think so! Or at least I hope so!

I used the golf lab/ball reviews to help me narrow down the top couple of balls that I felt would be right for my game. From there I was able to test some out and find the best ball for me. It has been exciting to find the right ball and to see it preform! 

Driver: Callaway Maverick 

5 Wood: Taylor Made Rocketballz

3-4 iron: Ping G425 crossover 

5-9 iron: Taylor Made RSI TP irons 

46, 50, 54, 58 degree wedges: Vokey SM8 

Putter: Scotty Cameron CLN prototype