Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

A question for everyone

MmmmmmBuddy

It appears online golf is a majority of club ho.Im a majority of lesson - learning the swing ho.In 2 years my path went from 5 degrees ott to now 4 to 6 degrees inside.So , if I had a custom set 2 years ago it would be obsolete? And my new set would have to accommodate the 4 to 6 degrees from the inside ? My body has also changed radically in 2 years losing 45 pounds as well. Just seems like a fitting would have to be constantly fit and altered.Im totally behind the custom fit club scenario. But I'm more in the get a correct swing motion first

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears online golf is a majority of club ho.Im a majority of lesson - learning the swing ho.In 2 years my path went from 5 degrees ott to now 4 to 6 degrees inside.So , if I had a custom set 2 years ago it would be obsolete? And my new set would have to accommodate the 4 to 6 degrees from the inside ? My body has also changed radically in 2 years losing 45 pounds as well. Just seems like a fitting would have to be constantly fit and altered.Im totally behind the custom fit club scenario. But I'm more in the get a correct swing motion first

Totally agree, going through massive physical and/or swing changes will have an impact on what you would be fit in to.  The vast majority of people golfing aren't doing that.

As a 3 capper you are probably good enough to compensate and play well with most clubs.  But once you find your swing I think you could see some great addition performance gains with properly fit clubs.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

. What? Every time i go to simulator I get different numbers.Also with many others that I know who use it.I beg to differ

The difference in your performance is your strike. Are you referring to your launch/spin/carry/total distance/etc numbers? Basically your launch conditions? Those are all dramatically effected by strike. With strikes all over the face those numbers are going to jump like crazy.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Totally agree with you guys there. Major swing changes will obviously impact your performance with something. But as Hcky said, most people aren't going to massively overhaul their swing. The ones that do will need to find the appropriate set for whichever swing they land on.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

Archived