TESTERS WANTED! ×

Georgia Golf Outings

ole gray

​Let's plan some Georgia Getherings! Post a time, location, and how many woodshed whuppings you'd like to receive! jk  about the whuppings but not really ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the looks of this.  It won't be too long til I'm looking for a game down that way.

Update of surgery:  recovery is going good.  Tomorrow is three weeks and I've been walking for a week without cane or anything.  (slow but walking)  This sitting around the house is getting pretty old, my little pedal machine (torture machine) is not much entertainment, I just did and hour and half with it hurting like the dickens most of that time.

This week as it gets easier to stand for a few minutes, I should be able to do a few little projects, regripping clubs, etc.  So that will help.  

In the bag:

Driver:  Ping G 400 Max

Fairway: Ping G 400, 7 w

Hybrids: Ping G 25,  4

Irons:  Taylormade P 790, 4 through P

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM 7,  54  and 58

Putter:  Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

I'm liking the looks of this. It won't be too long til I'm looking for a game down that way.

Update of surgery: recovery is going good. Tomorrow is three weeks and I've been walking for a week without cane or anything. (slow but walking) This sitting around the house is getting pretty old, my little pedal machine (torture machine) is not much entertainment, I just did and hour and half with it hurting like the dickens most of that time.

This week as it gets easier to stand for a few minutes, I should be able to do a few little projects, regripping clubs, etc. So that will help.

Man that physical therapy stuff is especially rough on the TKR's!

We'll get together before long. ⛳️

My stepson is visiting this week and we are planning on playing at Lane Creek tomorrow morning and maybe another day this week before he heads home 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, I too am a Georgia golfer but it appears I am on the wrong end of the state to meet up with you. I live in the Valdosta area, it is probably just as well as I don't need any additional whuppings.....I get those from my regular playing partners!!  :)

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

Gentlemen, I too am a Georgia golfer but it appears I am on the wrong end of the state to meet up with you. I live in the Valdosta area, it is probably just as well as I don't need any additional whuppings.....I get those from my regular playing partners!! :)

I can see an outing in your neck of the woods happening this spring so stay tuned for upcoming info 🏻

A bunch of us love to play Kinderlou which is one FINE course IMO !

Cleveland

I can see an outing in your neck of the woods happening this spring so stay tuned for upcoming info

Yep, I'll second that!  Kinderlou Forrest is one of my favorites around the state. 

Hey, I'm playing again!  Well...kind of.  Last Thursday, I played 9 -- OK at 42, then yesterday 18 for a big 91, 43-48.  The back nine was tough, got a little tired but things are moving in the right directions, today is the fifth week since surgery.  Knee is solid, pain free and still a little tight, some soreness remains but overall things are good. 

In the bag:

Yep, I'll second that!  Kinderlou Forrest is one of my favorites around the state. 

Hey, I'm playing again!  Well...kind of.  Last Thursday, I played 9 -- OK at 42, then yesterday 18 for a big 91, 43-48.  The back nine was tough, got a little tired but things are moving in the right directions, today is the fifth week since surgery.  Knee is solid, pain free and still a little tight, some soreness remains but overall things are good. 

Way to go big guy!   Heck a 91 post total knee replacement is pretty awesome in my book.  I'm happy that you are back in the game as I know how much you love it. 

I'm thinking maybe our old coot group of yourself, DawgDaddy, Vman, and myself might head down to Valsosta (Kinderlou) in the spring and show them young bucks how to get it done!

Cleveland

DawgDaddy and myself are looking at playing this coming Thursday at Lane Creek.  Anyone else interested?

Cleveland

DawgDaddy and myself are looking at playing this coming Thursday at Lane Creek.  Anyone else interested?

Well, I am.   :rolleyes:

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Way to go big guy!   Heck a 91 post total knee replacement is pretty awesome in my book.  I'm happy that you are back in the game as I know how much you love it. 

I'm thinking maybe our old coot group of yourself, DawgDaddy, Vman, and myself might head down to Valsosta (Kinderlou) in the spring and show them young bucks how to get it done!

I would absolutely love to do that, heck I would even bring a jug of shine for Ken :P .  Kinderlou it terrific, or any other track, doesn't matter, just the convening of Coots!  

Also, Some buddies are telling me that the course and lodging at Little Ocmulgee have been updated and are in good shape now.  I mention Little Ocmulgee because we could meet there for a round or have a mini outing with folks in middle Georgia, play one day, stay at the lodge, play the next day before returning home. We should be able to scare up four for that, maybe early spring.

In the bag:

I would absolutely love to do that, heck I would even bring a jug of shine for Ken :P .  Kinderlou it terrific, or any other track, doesn't matter, just the convening of Coots!  

Also, Some buddies are telling me that the course and lodging at Little Ocmulgee have been updated and are in good shape now.  I mention Little Ocmulgee because we could meet there for a round or have a mini outing with folks in middle Georgia, play one day, stay at the lodge, play the next day before returning home. We should be able to scare up four for that, maybe early spring.

Heck yea!   I love the Little Ocmulgee idea!!  I imagine the cost factor there would be pretty sweet too?  Maybe even scare up eight folks for something of nature.

Cleveland

Heck yea!   I love the Little Ocmulgee idea!!  I imagine the cost factor there would be pretty sweet too?  Maybe even scare of eight folks for something of nature.

Hmmmmmmm how did I quote myself?  :wacko: 

Cleveland

You boys keep talking about the GA get togethers, I may have to try and find a way to jump on the road one day next year and head on down.   Heck I bet it woudl be the largest gathering of TKR's ever to take place...LOL

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

You boys keep talking about the GA get togethers, I may have to try and find a way to jump on the road one day next year and head on down. Heck I bet it woudl be the largest gathering of TKR's ever to take place...LOL

No doubt we would set some sort of record! lol

Cleveland

You boys keep talking about the GA get togethers, I may have to try and find a way to jump on the road one day next year and head on down.   Heck I bet it woudl be the largest gathering of TKR's ever to take place...LOL

Thinking here which is kind of a dangerous when my old mind warms up. :D  So you live in the DC area are do you have a home somewhere in Carolina?   We really do need to figure out a way to do a little get together next year.

Cleveland

Having a little get together with my friend DawgDaddy tomorrow at my home course (Lane Creek).

Dawg --   Tee times start at 10:40

Cleveland

Having a little get together with my friend DawgDaddy tomorrow at my home course (Lane Creek).

Dawg --   Tee times start at 10:40

Two good ones right there.  Enjoy it boys!!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Looks like Lane Creek is about an 90 minutes away from me. I can't make this Thursday, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and join y'all soon.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Looks like Lane Creek is about an 90 minutes away from me. I can't make this Thursday, but I'll keep an eye on this thread and join y'all soon.

What part of Georgia are your from?  It would be great if you can join us! This is exactly how myself, Dawg, Lefty78, and many more in the golf forum world have made life time golfing buddies.

Cleveland

What part of Georgia are your from?  It would be great if you can join us! This is exactly how myself, Dawg, Lefty78, and many more in the golf forum world have made life time golfing buddies.

I'm in Milton (between Alpharetta and Cumming). Home course(s) are Milton Athletic and Crooked Creek.  

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

I'm in Milton (between Alpharetta and Cumming). Home course(s) are Milton Athletic and Crooked Creek.  

That's not a bad driver at all to Lane Creek.  Today would not have been a good day to come as the rain over the last two days had us cart path only. Unless you like to walk then you're not getting your money's worth. We'll get it together one of these days soon.

Cleveland

I can see an outing in your neck of the woods happening this spring so stay tuned for upcoming info

I hope you tipped the cart girl well....my daughter ( a struggling college student) is one of the regular cart girls over there. It is a great course!

I hope you tipped the cart girl well....my daughter ( a struggling college student) is one of the regular cart girls over there. It is a great course!

So you live in Valdosta?  It's been a couple years since our group went down there.  I say down there however some of the guys came up from Florida and we had what we called a Ga/Fla Gethering. :D   We rented two very nice condos that were located above the canyon hole (that's what we called it).  There was a par 3 following it.   Anyway it was in October of 2015 I believe and we came in on a Friday and left post Sunday's round.   Awesome golf course and another group went down there this October .  I didn't make this outing however I hope to make the one in the spring which should be around April.

I don't recall seeing a cart girl that weekend so maybe they only work during the summer months?

Cleveland

So you live in Valdosta?  It's been a couple years since our group went down there.  I say down there however some of the guys came up from Florida and we had what we called a Ga/Fla Gethering. :D   We rented two very nice condos that were located above the canyon hole (that's what we called it).  There was a par 3 following it.   Anyway it was in October of 2015 I believe and we came in on a Friday and left post Sunday's round.   Awesome golf course and another group went down there this October .  I didn't make this outing however I hope to make the one in the spring which should be around April.

I don't recall seeing a cart girl that weekend so maybe they only work during the summer months?

I live in Thomasville about a 45 minute ride west of Valdosta. I can't believe there was an MGS gathering that close & I missed it! Twice!!

I live in Thomasville about a 45 minute ride west of Valdosta. I can't believe there was an MGS gathering that close & I missed it! Twice!!

Well not exactly an MGS gathering. More like a past THP gathering however it doesn't mean we can't start up a MGS one in 2017

Cleveland

Ok so if I can arrange a Ryder Cup type even in the spring of 2017 with us vs a THP Team, who would be interested?  The event would be held at Kinderlou in Valdosta, Ga.  I'm thinking 12 man teams...  I will have to coordinate this with aTHP'er however, it will be an epic event!!!

Cleveland

DawgDaddy is coming up Monday and we have a 11:12 tee time. We had a foursome however on of the guys ran into a deer last evening and has to meet with some insurance people Monday.   If someone sees this and wants to hop on board, we got a spot.  Playing at Lane Creek - Bishop, Ga.

Cleveland

Ok so if I can arrange a Ryder Cup type even in the spring of 2017 with us vs a THP Team, who would be interested?  The event would be held at Kinderlou in Valdosta, Ga.  I'm thinking 12 man teams...  I will have to coordinate this with aTHP'er however, it will be an epic event!!!

This looks like fun!! What dates are you considering???

This looks like fun!! What dates are you considering???

This is in the planning stages.   I need to discuss this with THP'ers to make sure they're not scared... ;) 

Cleveland

Archived