TESTERS WANTED! ×

Push cart or Carry bag

With the push cart you'll still at least get the walking exercise.

Maybe it's just me, but I personally think you should at least try out a $200 product before deciding to sell it. Just my 2 cents

With the push cart you'll still at least get the walking exercise.

Maybe it's just me, but I personally think you should at least try out a $200 product before deciding to sell it. Just my 2 cents

Agree but i dont want to open the new box so that i dont loose the value... im still in limbo.

Agree but i dont want to open the new box so that i dont loose the value... im still in limbo.

use it i thought the same thing when i got my pull cart but i have never looked back p.s. i would get a cart bag to go with it also

If you spent good money to buy a good product such as the clicgear, then why wonder if you should use it or not?

I don't want to come across as rude, but if you bought it, then use it. If not, then why buy it in the first place right?

If you spent good money to buy a good product such as the clicgear, then why wonder if you should use it or not?

I don't want to come across as rude, but if you bought it, then use it. If not, then why buy it in the first place right?

sorry pal, i did not buy it, i won the item at a golf event... overall, i think its a great item but just wondering if its worth keeping it or using the money for something else...

I'm a big fan of push carts. I bought a Bag Boy push cart 3 years ago when I was a "member" at a course that was unbearable to carry at (many half mile hikes from green to tee), and I found that I was much fresher at the end of a round when I pushed instead of carried. I really like the exercise of walking and I think there are advantages to be gained from walking (both enjoyment-wise and in terms of score), and I think the push cart gives you those things without the fatigue.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

That Clic Gear is a great cart, but if you walk, and like to carry, sell it and play a couple of rounds at a nice course, or better yet, trade it in on some new shoes!!!

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I've never used a push cart, but I think it's a good idea given my limited knowledge on how carrying clubs can effect your shoulders and neck. But, push carts are not as manly as carrying.

I don't have to worry because we are carts only (have to with our hilly course). But I do miss walking.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

• SPY VIP

I have a clicgear and I like it. Especially on hotter days. Pack more water without putting the weight on my back. However, for whatever reason I have felt like carrying for the past few rounds. That does make me glad that I have a Nike Sq Tour bag that is great to carry and has removable straps for the clicgear. If you do keep the cart, I would recommend getting the wheel cover and the spike brush attachment. The brush cleans the shoes quite well and the cover keeps the grass on the tires from getting into the trunk.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

An alternative to a push cart would be to get a very light weight carry bag - like the Superlight 3.5 by Sun Mountain, Izzo Scout, or the Ogio Vaporlite (although I'm not a huge fan of the stand system on that bag). I carry the Izzo Scout and my shoulders don't hurt at the end of a round as long as I don't load it down with a bunch of crap I don't need.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I'm young, and I still use a pull cart... I find that when I carry my bag, by back and shoulder start to hurt...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Go with the cart! Save your back!

Push cart... yes! I'd like to play as long as possibly can ( past 60 if possible ) !

Titleist 909 D2 10.5 s

TM Burner TP 13 deg r

TM R7 16 deg r

Callaway 3 Ibrid 19 deg r

Epon 701 4-PW s

Gauge Design 52, 56 deg s

TM Inza

Im 25 and no offense to older gentlemen I have a litle machoism in me i guess and want to carry to show that i can or whatever u want to say bad to say but i dont think carrying or pulling a cart going to wear me out anymore than the either of the two, i smoke so lets say im winded walking up hills anyway lol, but i sure when i do get a little older tha cart is there for me and my advice to anyone walking get the lightest bag and carry few things in it to make it light as possible

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

so far no one has mentioned the best part of a cart... a cup holder... so you don't need to set your beer on the ground and forget it (I've done it before)

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

Im 25 and no offense to older gentlemen I have a litle machoism in me i guess and want to carry to show that i can or whatever u want to say bad to say but i dont think carrying or pulling a cart going to wear me out anymore than the either of the two, i smoke so lets say im winded walking up hills anyway lol, but i sure when i do get a little older tha cart is there for me and my advice to anyone walking get the lightest bag and carry few things in it to make it light as possible

I took a bit of crap from my buddies the first time I rolled out the clicgear. Whatever, back was not sore after the round. I gave them the "I'm 40" finger and moved on.

Irony is that I have carried more in the past year than ever before. Maybe it is the midlife thing. Gotta be a dumbass and prove I am still young. Like benching my body weight at the gym.

The cart absolutely rules on beer-golf rounds...

Volvo Intorqueo

The cart absolutely rules on beer-golf rounds...

Until you set it down and forget it....

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I hear you on this, but I'm 26 and I've been pushing since I was 23. People want to laugh, that's fine. I just like carrying a ton of cr@p in my bag. I like to have LOTS of extra balls with me (if I have lots of spares, I won't need them, if I don't, I will), rain jacket, extra gloves (even though I don't wear one), hundreds of tees, etc.

so far no one has mentioned the best part of a cart... a cup holder... so you don't need to set your beer on the ground and forget it (I've done it before)

Well played! That is the best cart feature there is.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Until you set it down and forget it....

If I set down my clicgear and forget it, I will pack less beer next time. If I forget my beer somewhere, the cart holds many more for me. :blink:

Volvo Intorqueo

I always told myself that if I couldn't walk and carry, I would quit golf. I was 23. Now, at 40, I am still thinking that I can carry at any course on the planet, but I am starting to question the motivation...

No offense taken young man, but I'm 41 and still carrying. :)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a push cart -- actually the self driven SpeedE cart -- and carry bags both. Sometimes I use the cart, but often I just carry to avoid having to deal with the cart. My home course is somewhat hilly, and it takes a lot of effort (even with the self-propelled cart) to get it up many of the hills.

IMHO, the cart isn't powered quite enough.

My father always used a push cart, so I did the same when I was a kid golfing with him. Now I carry because I had to on the golf team. Carrying is more exercise, and you need to carry in tournaments, so I carry for the practice. It is good to know how my swing changes at the end of rounds when I am tired.

• SPY VIP

Anyone notice play/swing differences on push vs. carry days?

I did, but have carried enough now that I don't notice any more stiffness than pushing.

Volvo Intorqueo

I did, but have carried enough now that I don't notice any more stiffness than pushing.

I might be less stiff packing them.... when you get to be as old as me, It takes a while to get stiff.. on the golf course.

I'm a little more tired when I carry and my swing is a little looser, but it isn't terribly different. But, I'm 17 so the body is a little less creaky than some.....

Archived