Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Handicap Posting Question

Golfspy_CG2

A couple questions for those of you who are in the know on posting of scores for Handicap purposes.

1) Has Pennsylvania posting season ended?   Ours in Maryland is November 15.

2) Is the posting in season based on where you play the round or where your handicap is kept?   For example, if I play a round that during my home club's posting season in a state that is out of season, do I post that score?    Vice Versa, if my home club (Maryland) is out of season say January, and I play a round in Florida, do I save that score to post once the computers open?

3) If you post a score in your system that is from an out of season state, does it affect your index?   

Thanks, hope those aren't clear as mud..ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I think the posting season is based on where you play.  Our season in Minnesota just ended Nov 1 and the GHIN app won't even let you post in-state scores after that.  I posted several scores from a Florida trip last winter and they were accepted and counted.  Took me months to  make up those stinkers!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think that's correct, as our season in Maryland ends Nov 15, but one of our members just tried to post a score he played this weekend in PA in the system, and while it allowed it, it highlighted it in red saying the score was outside the posting season. 

In the USGA Handicapping manual look at Section 6: Scoring Records; then Sub-Section 6.2: Inactive Season.

Basically, even if your home course is inactive and you play a course that's active you can and should post the active course round.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

In the USGA Handicapping manual look at Section 6: Scoring Records; then Sub-Section 6.2: Inactive Season.

Basically, even if your home course is inactive and you play a course that's active you can and should post the active course round.

And so it's based on where the round is played.  Acitve you post it, inactive you don't regardless of your home states status at the time...

Thanks!!

I asked the same question to the Washington State Golf Association last year.  Our posting season ends on Nov. 15 and opens March 1, 2017.  It's the same as what they say this year, and I assume it's the same across the U.S. for those locations that close:

With just two weeks until our Inactive Score Posting Period we would like to pass along important information regarding the posting of scores during our Inactive Score Posting Period:

• You may post scores from rounds played within the boundaries of the Washington State Golf Association prior to November 15th at any time, even during our Inactive Score Posting Period (November 15thto the last day of February).
  • With regards to the Inactive Score Posting Period of the Northwest Golf Association's, the Idaho GA observes the same period of time as the WSGA, November 15th to the last day of February. The Oregon GA has elected to use December 1st to the last day of February as their Inactive Score Posting Period. So, if you take a trip to Bandon Dunes in late November, you must post those scores as soon as practicable.
  • Why do golf associations have an Inactive Score Posting Period? The USGA Course and Slope Ratings computed for a set of tees represent the difficulty of that set of tees under normal or mid-season playing conditions. Since the largest number of scores posted in the WSGA occur during the month of July, we have defined normal or mid-season conditions as those present in July. Due to the unpredictability of off-season conditions - a lack of foliage, different/changing heights of rough, changing of green speeds, reduced bounce and roll and how they can affect a course's difficulty, accepting scores during the Inactive Score Posting Period could affect a player's index. Every golf association in the northern tier of the United States observes an Inactive Score Posting Period of some length. If you are interested in seeing the duration of the Inactive Score Posting Period in any golf association, please click on this link.
  • If you play golf during our Inactive Score Posting Period in an area where scores are still being accepted for handicap purposes, you must post those scores as soon as practicable.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I asked the same question to the Washington State Golf Association last year.  Our posting season ends on Nov. 15 and opens March 1, 2017.  It's the same as what they say this year, and I assume it's the same across the U.S. for those locations that close:

With just two weeks until our Inactive Score Posting Period we would like to pass along important information regarding the posting of scores during our Inactive Score Posting Period:

• You may post scores from rounds played within the boundaries of the Washington State Golf Association prior to November 15th at any time, even during our Inactive Score Posting Period (November 15thto the last day of February).
  • With regards to the Inactive Score Posting Period of the Northwest Golf Association's, the Idaho GA observes the same period of time as the WSGA, November 15th to the last day of February. The Oregon GA has elected to use December 1st to the last day of February as their Inactive Score Posting Period. So, if you take a trip to Bandon Dunes in late November, you must post those scores as soon as practicable.
  • Why do golf associations have an Inactive Score Posting Period? The USGA Course and Slope Ratings computed for a set of tees represent the difficulty of that set of tees under normal or mid-season playing conditions. Since the largest number of scores posted in the WSGA occur during the month of July, we have defined normal or mid-season conditions as those present in July. Due to the unpredictability of off-season conditions - a lack of foliage, different/changing heights of rough, changing of green speeds, reduced bounce and roll and how they can affect a course's difficulty, accepting scores during the Inactive Score Posting Period could affect a player's index. Every golf association in the northern tier of the United States observes an Inactive Score Posting Period of some length. If you are interested in seeing the duration of the Inactive Score Posting Period in any golf association, please click on this link.
  • If you play golf during our Inactive Score Posting Period in an area where scores are still being accepted for handicap purposes, you must post those scores as soon as practicable.

Thanks for that, it helped!!

Archived