Who does this ?

Interesting.......My downswing is the same as the backswing.......on the same plane.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I also use a single-plane swing. Less manipulation of the club means better consistency.  

What's interesting is Ledbetter hawking Jim Furyk's swing; one that Jim taught himself and works for him but it's one that analysts have said is a swing that they would never recommend golfers copy.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

While I'd like to have a one plane swing I don't.

Thin Ryan Moore - when I'm swinging my best it looks like his - back outside and then dropped into the slot.

• Like 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I remember Ledbetter selling this swing last year sometime I think. Interestingly the last time I went to meet my instructor/coach I told him I was struggling with my swing. Lot's of missed shots - poor contact, etc. After he saw my first swing or two he said basically I was taking the club upright and dropping It down in a loop. That's what Ledbetter is talking about isn't it? I hate it. For me I prefer a single plane as best I can. The old sheet of glass thing.

I'm not a big Ledbetter fan per se'. He's a good instructor I suppose for some folks.... just not my style is all.

• Like 3

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Maybe has a little Kenny Perry component to it as well... ?

• Like 1

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Nippon N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I'm agree with Plaid I'll stick with a single plane. This just looks like too many moving parts to me and I like to keep things as simple as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

. For me I prefer a single plane as best I can. The old sheet of glass thing.

I'm another one who prefers the image of a single plane, but I have no idea whether I actually do that or not.  From what I've read, most players will have some variety of "loop" or re-routing of the swing, no matter what they really want to do, or think that they do.  This particular type of re-routing, steep going back, and shallower going forward, is probably a better swing than the reverse, which is much more likely to become "over the top".  As for the sheet of glass image, which I first learned from Hogan's "Five Lessons", Hogan really talked about two sheets of glass, with the forward swing being a little flatter and more from the inside than the backswing.  Not far from what Ledbetter is demonstrating, although the video seems pretty exaggerated.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Yes, I agree with the majority and the single plane all the way. Though I can see the benefit for golfers that constantly come over the top and slice all day long.

The thing for me is we should be trying to make golf easier and as simple as possible. I'm fairly certain a one plane swing is easier to learn than a two plane.

Just my thoughts anyway!

• Like 1

Mizuno MP-25 irons, R/H, N.S. Pro 950GH regular shafts

Cobra King LTD 8.5 degrees driver, R/H stiff Aldila Rogue shaft

Titleist 3-wood 915F, 15 degrees, Diamana stiff flex shaft

Queensland, Australia

Handicap 5

www.HittingItSolid.com

The Perfect Golf Swing

favicon-96x96.png