Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Edel Putters

Anyone have any experience with Edel putters? I was trying one today and really liked it. The Brick was deadly accurate for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Callaway Rouge ST Max Driver, Tensei AV Blue 55 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Fairway, Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Callaway Rouge ST Max 3 Hybrid, Tensei AV Blue 75 S

PXG 0311 XP G3 Irons 5-GW, True Temper Elevate Tour S

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy Wedge 54º, 60º, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been gaming an Edel Willamette for 2 seasons now. While I may be a club "ho" everywhere else in the bag, you'll have to pry this baby out of my cold, dead hands.

The fitting process is what makes this thing. The fitting was the most thorough and logical process I've ever experienced - wrote a blog post on it last year, I'll dig up the link.

Can't recommend Edel enough - 5 Stars all the way!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Found it:

http://www.mygolfspy.com/zen-and-the-art-of-putter-fitting/

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Been gaming an Edel Willamette for 2 seasons now. While I may be a club "ho" everywhere else in the bag, you'll have to pry this baby out of my cold, dead hands.

The fitting process is what makes this thing. The fitting was the most thorough and logical process I've ever experienced - wrote a blog post on it last year, I'll dig up the link.

Awesome, thank you. I fell in love with the Brick as soon as I held it. The torque balancing and counter weighting feel great and I love that there is no shaft offset like a face balanced putter usually has. It has zero alignment marks but to my surprise, you don't need any. I'm going to get one. Any one looking for a Futura X7M? I know where you can get one cheap.

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

OH Johnboy talked my wife into getting me and Edel last year for my birthday and Christmas. had my best season putting ever. I really like mine as well. I went with the E2 torque balanced love the fitting and it just works. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Where does Edel have fitting centers? We carry a ton of stuff, but no Edel.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

Where does Edel have fitting centers? We carry a ton of stuff, but no Edel.

Most Golf Galaxy stores are certified fitters, otherwise you'll have to check Edel's website

McGary6

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

Most Golf Galaxy stores are certified fitters, otherwise you'll have to check Edel's website

McGary6

No golf galaxies in Michigan. Thanks for the info!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I have a Edel Willamette similar to Johns (Barbajo). My model is not a torque-balanced model. As custom options I have the pixel incert face, a couple of stamps, and custom color.

Is this putter the greatest thing since sliced bread. Not to me. I'll say it again.... I'm a good putter if nothing else. I don't putt any better or worse with the Edel. In fact I putt just as well with my old OTR $39 Academy Oydessy #9. The fitting process is nothing shocking or revolutionary. They place a laser pointer like you can buy at Office Depot on a round plastic puck and let it reflect off a mirror on your putter face back to a green piece of square cloth about 10 feet away. You hit putts and try different heads, shafts, etc. You'll putt to a string laid across the floor. They will weight the putter to your liking/feel put a grip of your choice on it and you're done pretty much. It's not rocket science.

I was fit for my putter at Edel headquarters and that might have not been ideal. To be honest I expected a professional studio setup. And again to be honest.... Edel Headquarters is a machine shop not a fitting studio. But you'd think they'd have a studio!? I suppose in the end; the experience/location of the fitting didn't match the premium. If I can paint a picture think for instance Club Champion or Modern Golf versus someones cluttered dirty garage. Are Edel putters good? Yes. Are they good looking? Yes. Are they a game changer? No. Was I expecting a game changer? No. Did Edel sell me a putter? No. I bought it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks for the info guys, just placed my order for a custom blacked-out Edel Brick putter.

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

You made the correct decision McGary! I've been a huge advocate of this brand over the years and game a custom Edel Willamette putter and their wedges. These are the best short game clubs I've ever had. Highly recommend them! I would love to see a thread with your thoughts on that putter once you get it. The brick is intriguing...

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I've rolled a few Edel's over the last year. They are an absolute dream. One day... One day!

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Just make sure you get to a trained fitter. These putters all are based on the eye of the fitter and it's hugely important you keep than in mind!

That being said when I had my professionally tested on Quintec the putter hit every spec desired perfectly for me, so id say their system works considering there are no launch monitors/data collected.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you boys think about these putters 🏻

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

If you check out Barbajo's link that will give you a review and I'll try to find my review of my experience and post it here. If I don't get to it just go to the putter buzz section and search. It's amazing!

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

If you check out Barbajo's link that will give you a review and I'll try to find my review of my experience and post it here. If I don't get to it just go to the putter buzz section and search. It's amazing!

Will do partner and appreciate ya 🏻

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 1 month later...

Care to post any pictures of the Willamette putter? Curious what these look like but a google search did not show much.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I'm thinking Cobra's single length irons will get a long hard look.

Callaway will dominate the driver talk.

No one cares about fairways or hybrids or rather they get lost in the shuffle of the other equipment.

Is like to see EVNroll putters getting lots of love. The technology is very different from other putters and Guerin Rife is a name.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Here's what mine looks like...

I had a couple more to show but the uploader is acting funky today. Anyway... there she be. Also, I might consider selling it. Not cheap though. $$$

Edel3.png

Edel2.jpg

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Here's what mine looks like...

I had a couple more to show but the uploader is acting funky today. Anyway... there she be. Also, I might consider selling it. Not cheap though. $$$

cool, thanks. I like the name of the putter since it is a nod to my home state. Can't spend anymore money on golf equipment at the moment.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

I've had my eye on "The Brick" ever since I rolled one at the PGA Merchandise show.  I actually find sightlines on putters distracting, and there aren't many out there without them.

I think I'll have to treat myself to a fitting at Totally Driven early this spring...

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I've had my eye on "The Brick" ever since I rolled one at the PGA Merchandise show.  I actually find sightlines on putters distracting, and there aren't many out there without them.

I think I'll have to treat myself to a fitting at Totally Driven early this spring...

I would love to have a putter fitting, but I haven't found a putter that I like with a weight that comes close to what I think I need.  I would hate to waste the money on a fitting when the only putters that would be available are too light.  Maybe a properly fit lighter-weight putter would work, but I don't know if I am ready to take that challenge yet.

Maybe if you go to Totally Driven, you could ask them about putter head weights above 400 grams.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would love to have a putter fitting, but I haven't found a putter that I like with a weight that comes close to what I think I need.  I would hate to waste the money on a fitting when the only putters that would be available are too light.  Maybe a properly fit lighter-weight putter would work, but I don't know if I am ready to take that challenge yet.

Maybe if you go to Totally Driven, you could ask them about putter head weights above 400 grams.

Kenny, Edel has a chat line on their website, so I asked them about head weights.  They don't have anything that heavy, even using their weight kits, but he said they also do internal shaft weighting and with a fitting you might still be able to get the feel you're looking for.  Just a thought.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Kenny, Edel has a chat line on their website, so I asked them about head weights.  They don't have anything that heavy, even using their weight kits, but he said they also do internal shaft weighting and with a fitting you might still be able to get the feel you're looking for.  Just a thought.

That's what I have found to be typical of most putters, which is why I have done the fitting.  A forum member from a couple of years ago (can't remember his name) said that I probably need something around 400 gram head weight with a 100 gram weight at the grip.  If they only put weight in the shaft, that makes the head feel even lighter.  I am going to keep experimenting.

Whenever I go to a golf store, any of them, I always look at all the putters.  I can pick one up; make a couple of swings; and know pretty much if I like it or not.  About 95% not.  I just can't bring myself to buy any putter, especially an expensive one, when I know that the head weight is less than what I think feels good.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My third one is on the way! Currently game a brick, but just ordered a swan neck. Can't argue with $400 for a premium, handmade putter with a leather grip on it!

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

Heading to my teacher Friday AM to go through a putter eval. He fits for Edel so we'll see what happens! I'm excited to get a really good look at my putting stroke, aiming, and putter itself. Lord knows, that's the club that could help with the biggest gains on the course the quickest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

My third one is on the way! Currently game a brick, but just ordered a swan neck. Can't argue with $400 for a premium, handmade putter with a leather grip on it!

Where are the first 2?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Where are the first 2?

The Brick is #2. #1 was sold.

<p><strong>D:</strong>    :ping-small:   9* G400 Max w/Xcalibur TSL</p><p> </p><p><strong>F: </strong>  :callaway-small: 14* XR Pro 16 w/Hzrdous Red</p><p><strong>I:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: SLS-01 4-SW w/Paderson SL</p><p><strong>W:</strong>   :edel-golf-1: DGR 59 w/Dynamic Gold SL</p><p><strong>P:</strong> Artisan 0318 or Edel TB</p><p> 

I've been practicing indoors with my new Brick, due to the less than ideal weather here in the northeast, and I am still completely impressed with the balanced, smooth stroke. I've been using the new Bridgestone e6 Soft balls and I feel as though I have a much higher degree of control with the Brick compared to my old putter. I can't wait to get a few real rounds on the Brick.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

PXG Blackjack Putter

Titleist Pro V1

I just finished my putter fitting for an Edel... My aim with my Seemore Giant was 6" left and the straight-in hosel was adding a ton of loft based on my set-up, hands, and swing type! Wow. Eye-opening experience!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

No golf galaxies in Michigan. Thanks for the info!

Not sure where you live, but there IS a GG in Grand Rapids. Ck GG website.

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Archived