TESTERS WANTED! ×

#5000 WOW!

Kenny B

#JudgeSmails 500th post made me look at my number of posts.  I can't believe that I am up to 5000 already.  I joined MyGolfSpy a little over 3 years ago.  I was doing a search on some piece of equipment (don't remember what; I've done so many!!) when I found the MGS Blog.  I had never read a review written like that before.  Not only was it informative and somewhat performance-driven, but it was humorous which made it an interesting read.  I say somewhat performance-driven because it does not compare to the data that we have available in today's reviews.  Thanks MGS!!

Many newbies probably arrived here just like I did, but probably unlike most newbies, I do not participate in any social media and I had never joined a forum before MGS.  Three years ago MGS did not have the equipment testing opportunities that we have today.  Clearly the success of MGS has led to wonderful testing opportunities for us all.  I was fortunate to test a couple of clubs, however I did not join to test equipment.  After reading posts made by many members on many subjects, I was amazed by the knowledge available and the variety of different “characters”.  It did not take long to understand that I wanted to get to know the people better.

It was a struggle at first.  I did not feel that I had much to contribute to the forums; many things had been discussed many times.  However, the people here are very supportive of new members, and I found out that anyone can express their views and lively discussions ensue.  Sometimes we get a rehash of topics discussed before; but that's OK because we have new members joining all the time and there are members that drop out for whatever reason.  Sometimes they reappear; sometimes they don't.  Each of us have lives beyond MyGolfSpy, but we all have made at least some impact on the lives of each other.  I have been fortunate to meet several members on my golfing trips; many others I would like to meet and maybe I will one of these days.  It is one of my goals each New Year.  FYI, if anyone is in the Phoenix area during the first 2 weeks of February 2017, send me a note!!

I will conclude my rambling by saying that the MyGolfSpy administrators have done a marvelous job keeping the forums clean, respectful, and enjoyable for all of who participate.  I look forward to many more posts, and I hope that all of you are not getting tired of my sense of humor, or lack thereof.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Congratulations on your 5000th post!!!!!!!

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Wow congrats I just noticed today Im getting close to 500 myself, but 5,000 is crazy. 

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Congrats Kenny--- There are a lot of great folks on here and you are one of the best--- Yes this is a great honest site. The staff has always been good to me and so have the members

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Congratulations Kenny...I'm a long way off myself.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

congrats...that's a ton of posts and you're a great part of the community

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

Congrats on the Milestone Kenny.

As a realitively new member of a few months, I have to echo your thoughts 100 percent.

Such a great welcoming community here and filled with so much knowledge.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Thank you for being such an important part of our community Kenny. I hope you know how much I appreciate that every time I see a new member introducing themselves, you're always one of the first to welcome them aboard.

What sets our forum apart is the respect we show each other and, I think, the friendships that can evolve between people who've never met. That is really special. The folks who thrive here are generally the ones who paid attention in kindergarten - play nice, respect others and have a good time.

And don't eat the paste

Congrats on 5k Kenny - glad your a GolfSpy!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Love you Kenny. I'm glad to know you and consider you a friend. You are a great contributed here.

Like you I joined MGS to learn more about equipment, specifically the golf ball. I had no idea that there would be any testing opportunities. I'm always amazed when I'm selected to do one. I feel an obligation to the entire community whenever that comes up.

Keep in posting away. Your input is very valuable to me and many others here. Congrats on 5K.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sometimes I say to myself that I spend way to much time on here.  Maybe I do, but every time I check the postings I find something interesting.  Keep up the great work guys, and thanks for being such good friends.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This is no doubt a really cool place and folks like you are bringing newbees like me in. Great job Kenny!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

It's always nice and interesting to read your posts Kenny. I hope someday we'll tee one up.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Hey Kenny, 5,000 posts.....WOW! that is amazing.   I have thoroughly enjoyed your participation on My Golf Spy........I hope to see you soon when you travel to FL.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Congrats!  Here's to 5000 more.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Congrats!  Here's to 5000 more.

Working on it!!

Hey Kenny, 5,000 posts.....WOW! that is amazing.   I have thoroughly enjoyed your participation on My Golf Spy........I hope to see you soon when you travel to FL.

Not sure when the next trip to FL will be, but we will certainly give you guys a shout when we come!  Headed to AZ in Feb 2017.  

Congrats Kenny!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Congrats man ! 

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Archived