Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tungsten tip weight question

DB86

I have been working on a 3 Wood and need a few grams to get the SW back to about D3. I have one of these I plan to use (photo below). I will only need about 3-4 grams so I can cut the length down some. My question is, the ID of my shaft is about 0.24 and these are about 0.17. How would I keep these from making noise inside the shaft. Or do you think it will be a problem? Thanks. IMG_0121.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glue it in with epoxy.

Do you not like lead tape though? Only 3-4 grams wouldn't be much and it's much easier to play around with

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thanks for the reply. I would prefer this option since it's such a small amount. I know the SW that I want so hopefully I won't have to change it.

The epoxy you use to attach the shaft should work, but you are adding weight higher in the club head and towards the heel.  That may be OK for you, but if you add lead tape like hcky suggested, then you can add it in other locations.  I would try it with tape first; less permanent.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The larger base part of the weight weighs about 3.5 grams itself. So I'll only have a little of the stem sticking up which will concentrate most of the weight down in line with the center of the face.

Archived