Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

When is your last day for the season?

hckymeyer

That looks like a preview of my day tomorrow...

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 inches of snow overnight and today officially closes my season.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Hey, good to hear from you Bill.  Have you found a place to play down south in the next few months?  C'mon on down to Phoenix the first two weeks in February!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Greetings William! We've missed you 'round here....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The golf season ends?

I've done that before, it's a lot of fun as long as you don't lose anything. As for when our season ends I'm in central Texas and the weather is anything but predictable down here sometimes as I'm sure a lot of the other Texas boys will agree. It could end in the next few weeks or we might be golfing in January just can't really tell sometimes lol. If anyone is ever in the Waco area gimme a holler and we can arrange a game, weather permitting

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I've done that before, it's a lot of fun as long as you don't lose anything. As for when our season ends I'm in central Texas and the weather is anything but predictable down here sometimes as I'm sure a lot of the other Texas boys will agree. It could end in the next few weeks or we might be golfing in January just can't really tell sometimes lol. If anyone is ever in the Waco area gimme a holler and we can arrange a game, weather permitting

Have you ever seen that show Fixer Upper? It's on the Home & Garden Channel. The show is based in Waco

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Have you ever seen that show Fixer Upper? It's on the Home & Garden Channel. The show is based in Waco

Yes sir, they've done a bunch of stuff around the Waco and Hillsboro area. One of the billboards in the area has them on it saying "we love Waco".

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Yes sir, they've done a bunch of stuff around the Waco and Hillsboro area. One of the billboards in the area has them on it saying "we love Waco".

My wife and I enjoy watching that show as both of them (Chip & Jo Ann) look like great folks to deal with.  They go out of their way to please the customers and make things right which says alot.

Cleveland

My wife and I enjoy watching that show as both of them (Chip & Jo Ann) look like great folks to deal with.  They go out of their way to please the customers and make things right which says alot.

My parents house was remodeled by them before they got famous

Check out my personal Equipment Blog and Podcast!

Huntingforbirdies.com

Unfortunately my last day was a while back. The course closed second week of October and we now have snow here so I'm on the simulators now

Sent from my XT1563 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9*, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Pro                                       Midsize

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Golf Pride CP2 Pro Midsize    

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:        :vice:     Pro

:titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

Just played today in the 40's, it was cold especially with the wind. It seems like in North Jersey, it will be another month or so....bummer

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

It was around 65 here today with sunny skies.   I had to play today as we are supposed to get some much needed rain Tuesday, which is one of normal weekday rounds with the seniors.....   

Cleveland

Life is definitely not fair... ;)

Ya'll have snow and cold weather in Montana I suppose?  

Cleveland

I'm in Missouri, not Montana (but close enough). Our local courses will usually open if there's no snow on the ground and it gets above 35 degrees. January and February are the only really tough months to get out and play, but the past couple of years we have had some chances to play then too.

I'm in Missouri, not Montana (but close enough). Our local courses will usually open if there's no snow on the ground and it gets above 35 degrees. January and February are the only really tough months to get out and play, but the past couple of years we have had some chances to play then too.

My bad . Hopefully ya'll will have many good days mixed in ⛳️

Cleveland

Reading all this negativity in handicap and such. Our area local events fixed the handicap issue . All of our events have a 36 hole qualifier to determine your flight . Than usually 36 holes of a selected format . Lowest score wins in the flight your assigned from qualifying. Need to get away from handicap except for ones judging progress in game (good or bad).

Sand bagging will always happen.

Life is definitely not fair... ;)

Georgia is the capital for great golf. The weather is perfect /courses are perfect and people are as friendly as you will ever find. Of all the areas ,Georgia golf offers the best of all worlds

Unfortunately I find their courses to be so difficult. Narrow drives / heavily bunkered and multi tiered greens seem the norm down there. As a 3 handicap (former scratch ) , I've always struggled to break 80 anytime I head down there. Beautiful but penal describes every track I played there

December 31st. Next Season starts 1/1. No, 1/2, watch football on 1/1.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, good to hear from you Bill.  Have you found a place to play down south in the next few months?  C'mon on down to Phoenix the first two weeks in February!

I might consider that Kenny!  Lots of stuff, particularly travel this year, pushed out a lot of the time I should have had for golf this season.

Joining "Great Life" in 2017, so I may travel south on I-29 to get some golf in further south than South Dakota in the spring.

I won't rule out a trip to Phoenix (have been thinking of a trip to Vegas for golf, as well), over the winter.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Greetings William! We've missed you 'round here....

I've missed being 'round here, as well.

Just a lot of non-golf related stuff going on this year, particularly traveling most of the year.

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I fear the end is near, closing of the courses that is.  Weather in the high 30's expected, not fun, but I will try and stick it out until the very end.   :D

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

I might consider that Kenny!  Lots of stuff, particularly travel this year, pushed out a lot of the time I should have had for golf this season.

Joining "Great Life" in 2017, so I may travel south on I-29 to get some golf in further south than South Dakota in the spring.

I won't rule out a trip to Phoenix (have been thinking of a trip to Vegas for golf, as well), over the winter.

Let me know if you go the Vegas, and you are willing to have company.   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Let me know if you go the Vegas, and you are willing to have company. ;)

I am in Vegas now and will be back in a week or so to start looking at housing. Should be out here a bit more over the next few years. We should get a game when you are in town.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I am guessing today when I got the email from my club that all 18 greens are closed for the winter.

WITB 2024

I am in Vegas now and will be back in a week or so to start looking at housing. Should be out here a bit more over the next few years. We should get a game when you are in town.

Maybe we could get a few guys to come to Vegas for a few days.  It's a short flight for me.

Maybe we could get a few guys to come to Vegas for a few days. It's a short flight for me.

That would be a fun trip. Will let you know when I get settled out here. Still have some things to work out logistics wise but nothing too hard to solve.

WITB 2024

Archived