Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New Member registrations

PlaidJacket

It seems/appears to me that new members are not required to provide anything other than user name and password to join.

I think new members should at least also provide a state/location and handicap. I'd also try and encourage members upload an avatar/photo to their profile. Just makes things a little more interesting is all.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

It seems/appears to me that new members are not required to provide anything other than user name and password to join.

I think new members should at least also provide a state/location and handicap. I'd also try and encourage members upload an avatar/photo to their profile. Just makes things a little more interesting is all.

I was thinking the same thing.....I am sure there is a way to make those data fields mandatory when someone joins MGS.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I agree guys.  I like anything that lets us know a bit more about someone, I think it helps build the sense of a community especially location, as you can then extend an invitation to go out and play.   

I didn't realize those weren't mandatory, as I know I have them all in my profile. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It takes a little effort to post an avatar, location and handicap.  What's interesting is that most people don't put in their location, so when I welcome them, I always ask where they are located.  Some answer, most don't.  If a person never responds to the welcomes from everyone, most likely we will never hear from them again.  We have had some great new members lately (thank you all), but I feel most join for the free stuff.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think how much effort they put into their profile, says a lot about their intentions....if they want to actually be part of the community, or are just trying to get some 'free' stuff

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I agree guys.  I like anything that lets us know a bit more about someone, I think it helps build the sense of a community especially location, as you can then extend an invitation to go out and play.   

I didn't realize those weren't mandatory, as I know I have them all in my profile. 

It's me, the computer illiterate, again.   I am more than willing to supply any such info, I just don't know how.   As far as an avatar, again, I just don't know how.   Many have tried to instruct and help me and many have failed.  

It's me, the computer illiterate, again.   I am more than willing to supply any such info, I just don't know how.   As far as an avatar, again, I just don't know how.   Many have tried to instruct and help me and many have failed.  

I just emailed you a video of how to make changes in your profile, including adding a pic for an avatar.  You will see I had to edit it down a bit twoard the end, but hopefully it was enough to get you on the right track.

let me know if you have any questions or need further help.

Not sure what CG2 sent you, but if you click on your name and then the Edit Profile button, the first item under Settings is Photo.  You can select any photo but it can only be a certain size, but it should tell you what that is.  That might be the most difficult part, if you aren't familiar or don't have photo-editing software.  Let us know if you have problems.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Agree with MBP - keep the barriers to entry down. If someone really wants to get engaged, they'll figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think it's better not having all these details mandatory, as it shows true intentions and dedication to the forums.

Agree with MBP - keep the barriers to entry down. If someone really wants to get engaged, they'll figure it out.

And that's why you  two get paid the big bucks  :D   To think of the big picture!  Makes sense actually when you put it that way. 

Gentlemen, making a Location data field manadatory when registering a new user will not be like building a Wall between the US & Mexico...LOL  It simply accounts for where the new member is located, for statistical purposes.  It will not be a denial to the Forum. I still belive the Location field should be mandatory, like the Username.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Not sure what CG2 sent you, but if you click on your name and then the Edit Profile button, the first item under Settings is Photo.  You can select any photo but it can only be a certain size, but it should tell you what that is.  That might be the most difficult part, if you aren't familiar or don't have photo-editing software.  Let us know if you have problems.

Thanks Kenny, you stated it much more simpler than I could have..LOL  Thus me sending him  video that probably came out like a third rate Blair Witch Project film.

I think it's better not having all these details mandatory, as it shows true intentions and dedication to the forums.

Exactly. The only per person they are hurting by not providing this information is themselves.

Gentlemen, making a Location data field manadatory when registering a new user will not be like building a Wall between the US & Mexico...LOL It simply accounts for where the new member is located, for statistical purposes. It will not be a denial to the Forum. I still belive the Location field should be mandatory, like the Username.

Oddly, there are people who prefer anonymity. Gotta respect that. If they want to share that info, there's nothing preventing it.

Keep it simple and easy for anyone to participate. That's what we're all about

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I just joined from my phone, maybe 4 days ago. I haven't logged on to MGS from a desktop but will soon. I can't seem to update my profile with handicap or WITB; however, I did add a post on one of the handicap threads and have disclosed my bag on another thread. I live in Oklahoma City and will update this on my profile as well. It's really cool and feels great to be a member of a community that actually enjoys and is interested in the game. Thank you all for your warm welcome and I hope to be active for a long time to come!!

Cheers

You can click on your name in the upper right hand side of the screen and select "Setting"....that is where you can edit your Location, Handicap and edit your Signature.

It takes a little effort to post an avatar, location and handicap. What's interesting is that most people don't put in their location, so when I welcome them, I always ask where they are located. Some answer, most don't. If a person never responds to the welcomes from everyone, most likely we will never hear from them again. We have had some great new members lately (thank you all), but I feel most join for the free stuff.

You mean you got free stuff on here!

Jk. Yea I use to get a kick out of all the folks who would join THP for the equipment testing threads and then ride off into the sunset. Not even giving any effort in their reviews so it became easy to spot the gimme types and I'm not talking about a 3 footer.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Another suggestion.... how about posting our age in settings or registration?

For the record I'm 61. 62 in Feb.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived