Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Golf- the game we love.

craig3383

Well as hard as the game of golf is, it's the easiest to play. You can play by yourself. Don't have to have a team, you don't have to sign up. Except for making a tee time. Equipment on one side is fairly inexpensive. Balls cost the most in the long run.

I myself like to play because I find it enjoyable, even though I'm not very good. Some of my friends play which makes it more fun. The bad shots can be laughed off (sometimes). As long as you haven't been shooting bad shots all day.

I hope to get better as the years go by, but if I don't I'm OK with it, maybe.

And last I'm hoping to learn to build clubs and enjoy the game from another direction. You don't see many other sports where you can build your own equipment.

Sorry for rambling on. Thanks for reading.

"Power to the Player"

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I like the integrity that is built into the game.

I really enjoy shaping shots in my mind, then making it happen.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of refurbing putters and fitting/working on my own clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I always loved sports and played them all through my younger years. As I got older I had to change gears.   My Dad asked me out with him and his buddy one day as he knew I loved sports and that was it.  I got hooked and been playing ever since. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Let me see,  My Grandfather recruited me at age 8 to caddy for him in 1959, pulling his BagBoy cart around Juniper Hills Golf Course in central Kentucky..  So I learned the game at an early age, with my first set of clubs being hickory shafts.  I grew up learning  from my Grandfather.  Now, there isn't a day that goes by when I am on the golf course that I don't have fond memories of my Grandfather.  I giess that is why I love this game of golf.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

No real short answer to this for me.  But I'll try.

It's a sport that combines both a competive and social aspect to it for most of us.  A chance to play and see different areas of the country and enjoy the scenery, if you're playing basketball, for the most part there is no difference in the court from San Diego, CA to Dallas TX.  But what a difference is courses from the two areas. 

Also every new round is an opportunity to do something, I've never done before, whether it's a personal best, a Hole In One or beat a playing partner.   

To me this commercial sums it up pretty well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9d2qpFw3g

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My family was very poor when I grew up in the '50s and '60's.  There was only one golf course in town and it was like Bushwood.  I played all the other sports, but was pretty average at them all with baseball, softball, and volleyball lasting the longest, until my mid-40's.  I had to finally give them up when the soreness didn't go away before the next game.

@CarolinaGolfer2 sums up my feelings on it because I do travel to play.  I like to play different courses which is ironic because this past year I joined a club where I now play most of my golf.  Each course is different; each shot is different.  Even if you hit a bad shot, you now have the opportunity to try to recover from that shot.  It's a game that can be played for a lifetime, and I just wish that I could have started playing back when men were men, and hickory was king!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

To me this commercial sums it up pretty well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN9d2qpFw3g

Great answer cg2, I love this game!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My family was very poor when I grew up in the '50s and '60's.  There was only one golf course in town and it was like Bushwood.  I played all the other sports, but was pretty average at them all with baseball, softball, and volleyball lasting the longest, until my mid-40's.  I had to finally give them up when the soreness didn't go away before the next game.

@CarolinaGolfer2 sums up my feelings on it because I do travel to play.  I like to play different courses which is ironic because this past year I joined a club where I now play most of my golf.  Each course is different; each shot is different.  Even if you hit a bad shot, you now have the opportunity to try to recover from that shot.  It's a game that can be played for a lifetime, and I just wish that I could have started playing back when men were men, and hickory was king!

Kenny...Interesting point you bring up about joining a club but yet travelling to play as well.   it's a bit similar to me.

I started working at my current course actually 1 year ago this week. It was a career change for me that I was and still am so excited about.  So with the convenience of working at a course and the ability to play free, I of course consider this my home course and as a result I played probably 25 rounds here in 2016.   That may not seem like a lot, but consider I had probably played 26 rounds combined the previous 3 or 4 years.     

But the interesting part is I played 15 away rounds as well this year.   Some of that were tournaments or outings played out of the area.   But a large part were just local rounds on the weekends when I wasn't playing at my home course or work related rounds during the week at other courses.   

So I came to this job thinking I might only be playing the two onsite courses where I work and not get out much anywhere else, but it was really anything but.   As a result it was my most enjoyable year of golf in many many years.

I'm looking to make 2017 even better. 

Kenny...Interesting point you bring up about joining a club but yet travelling to play as well.   it's a bit similar to me.

I started working at my current course actually 1 year ago this week. It was a career change for me that I was and still am so excited about.  So with the convenience of working at a course and the ability to play free, I of course consider this my home course and as a result I played probably 25 rounds here in 2016.   That may not seem like a lot, but consider I had probably played 26 rounds combined the previous 3 or 4 years.     

But the interesting part is I played 15 away rounds as well this year.   Some of that were tournaments or outings played out of the area.   But a large part were just local rounds on the weekends when I wasn't playing at my home course or work related rounds during the week at other courses.   

So I came to this job thinking I might only be playing the two onsite courses where I work and not get out much anywhere else, but it was really anything but.   As a result it was my most enjoyable year of golf in many many years.

I'm looking to make 2017 even better. 

You are very fortunate.  I have talked to some of the guys who work at my course, and they hardly ever get out to play.  Years ago, I thought about retiring from my job and working at a course, but it seemed like people who worked at a course didn't play much.  I couldn't stand that!!  

Similarly, I could never live on a golf course that I was not a member.  I had thought about buying a house on our local CC course, but the fees are just to high.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I love golf because it brings me back to the things that matter in life. It takes me away from my phone, gets me outdoors to spend quality time with people I care about, and ultimately gets me some exercise. It just fits me. I'll be able to play for the rest of my life and I love the idea of playing this with generations. There's simply nothing like it.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I love golf because it brings me back to the things that matter in life. It takes me away from my phone, gets me outdoors to spend quality time with people I care about, and ultimately gets me some exercise. It just fits me. I'll be able to play for the rest of my life and I love the idea of playing this with generations. There's simply nothing like it.

I think its great that you like to play with generations.   So if you are ever in the Baltimore/DC area we should get a round in.   That way you can play with my generation before we are gone.;

I think its great that you like to play with generations. So if you are ever in the Baltimore/DC area we should get a round in. That way you can play with my generation before we are gone.;

Tell em old man .

Cleveland

You are very fortunate.  I have talked to some of the guys who work at my course, and they hardly ever get out to play.  Years ago, I thought about retiring from my job and working at a course, but it seemed like people who worked at a course didn't play much.  I couldn't stand that!!  

Similarly, I could never live on a golf course that I was not a member.  I had thought about buying a house on our local CC course, but the fees are just to high.

Yeah. I had heard the same stories. I think a lot depends on the course, the GM and your job. My job is primarily 8 to 4 type house. Sure I work a bit longer in the summer.

But we have a fantastic GM. He encourages us all to play when time allows. He has no problem if I am getting my job (sales) done and decide to go out one day at 2:00 and play. Or go off at 7:30 am and be back in my office by 11:00 or so and still do what I need to do.

But yes I know some in the biz that work 60 hours a week and can't stand the site of the course when they aren't working. Fortunately we don't have that type of environment.

Honestly for me I just really enjoy the game in general but its also been therapeutic in a sense for me. I started at 13 years old and my Tourette's syndrome was really giving me a hard time with vocal and motor ticks and whenever I was on the golf course or even the range It was the only time my ticks didn't flare really bad for some reason, so golf has been a great blessing for me in many ways and I hope to continue for years to come.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

My congregation threw a birthday party for me. It was golf themed because they have me the gift of another year at Bayou. It got cancelled because of hurricane Matthew.

It was rescheduled for last night. Many of the pictures were of me playing golf with friends, lots of friends. This picture was photo shopped. The face is current the body was mine 20 years ago. The driver was an old Titleist 904D.

I love golf for all of the friends that it's brought into my life including several people here.

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Thank you all so much for the replies. I feel like it's good to get back to the "game" sometimes. With all the tinkering we do with our swings clubs and so on. I'm not sure a whole lot beats a warm summer morning first off on the tee and the dew racing behind the ball when you putt. I feel like golf is a game you can love like no other game in the world.

Thank you all so much for the replies. I feel like it's good to get back to the "game" sometimes. With all the tinkering we do with our swings clubs and so on. I'm not sure a whole lot beats a warm summer morning first off on the tee and the dew racing behind the ball when you putt. I feel like golf is a game you can love like no other game in the world.

I prefer a late summer afternoon with the sun setting but yes I agree.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I prefer a late summer afternoon with the sun setting but yes I agree.

Given that your avatar shows you are our chaplain, given your screen name includes Rev., given that you mentioned your congregation, I assume that you are a "man of the cloth"- what I know as a Minister and my wife knows as a Priest.   Not so much the game, but rather its venue can only supplement and support your efforts or, for a lack of a better term, mission.  If one has been on an ocean course or a mountain course, standing on an elevated tee over looking the course seeing the beauty of the world in which we play, one must ask: how can such beauty be nothing more than just an accident.  How can that possibly be.

Also, on a typical Sunday morning, when the wife heads to Mass and I head to the golf course, I tell her I will probably hear and see more people praying.

Besides my immediate family and a few childhood friends, all my current friends came from meeting people through a forum like GPS or on the golf course.  I've met some lifetime friends through the game of golf.  It's an amazing game that brings us so many good things in life. The best part of the game imo is the awesome folks I have met through the years.

Cleveland

@Wahoo - funny and yes, true!  But don't discount the beauty of a Florida sunset or the wild life that we find on our courses down here either. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

@Wahoo - funny and yes, true!  But don't discount the beauty of a Florida sunset or the wild life that we find on our courses down here either. 

Believe me, it was not my intent to discount the beauty of Florida or any other locale.   Being raised in the Virginia foothills of the Skyline Drive, permit me to quote Mr. Kristofferson:   "I have seen the morning burning golden on the mountain in the skies".   

Archived