2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×
rbegun

Miura Putters

What makes you think they're the "best in the business"? Because someone else told you they were?

Their irons are probably sold more on reputation rather than actual playability. The same could be said for Rolex watches or Rolls Royce cars - great products but are they any better than anything else for their purpose?

The putter thing is probably the same. The irons have a reputation, the putters don't. Likewise, Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

There's no reason for any product to fit with consumer recognition or "loyalty" based on the name or product awareness alone, but if Miura made shaving cream, then some schmuck would buy it based on their perception of the marque.

• Like 3

I've never rolled a Miura putter before, but I'm sure it's nice. I think the reason Miura putters aren't as well received is because the golfer whose tastes for high quality niche irons (Miura's) have equally discerning tastes in putters, which I'm sure means limited edition Scotty's or Tyson Lamb or something else north of $500 that has a reputation.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

I would argue that their whiskey aint that great either... unless we are talking about the Single Barrel.  ;)

• Like 1

One of my playing buddies is the Miura dealer here. So I am lucky I get to try all the stuff. Yep with the correct shaft head combo it hits and feels good. I just can not afford it. On the putters I have rolled a few of them and they do putt well. He had one one day I was canning everything I stood over with it. It rolled the ball great and felt great. I put it back in his bag and told him it feels too good and I can not afford it

It is what you develop feel and confidence in

What makes you think they're the "best in the business"? Because someone else told you they were?

Their irons are probably sold more on reputation rather than actual playability. The same could be said for Rolex watches or Rolls Royce cars - great products but are they any better than anything else for their purpose?

The putter thing is probably the same. The irons have a reputation, the putters don't. Likewise, Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

There's no reason for any product to fit with consumer recognition or "loyalty" based on the name or product awareness alone, but if Miura made shaving cream, then some schmuck would buy it based on their perception of the marque.

You argue against someone's subjective opinion by offering two of your own.  And as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, George Dickel is far superior to Jack Daniels, IMO.

• Like 1

You argue against someone's subjective opinion by offering two of your own.  And as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, George Dickel is far superior to Jack Daniels, IMO.

Point taken, but I never said theirs was the best. Unlike the OP, who's premise suggests that Miura are the best in the business. Whatever.

Point taken, but I never said theirs was the best. Unlike the OP, who's premise suggests that Miura are the best in the business. Whatever.

A subjective opinion needn't be absolute.  Saying Miura irons are better than 90% of all other irons is no more or less subjective than saying they are the best.  Either way, whether you or I agree w/the OP I'm sure the marketing dept. at Miura is delighted.

• Like 1

A subjective opinion needn't be absolute.  Saying Miura irons are better than 90% of all other irons is no more or less subjective than saying they are the best.  Either way, whether you or I agree w/the OP I'm sure the marketing dept. at Miura is delighted.

Agreed. I suspect they are formulating their own brand of whisky as we speak.

• Like 1

Guys, it was just his opinion.  Keep it light and fun!  No need to get bent out of shape.  We all play the same sport. 

• Like 1

Miura does have a certain process in which they forge their metal and they do use virgin not recycled steel with their makeup to begin with. Also they  do not franchise just anyone to be a dealer and build their clubs. All of their dealers/builders are accomplished builders/fitters. All of that combined makes for a sweet club. Now with that being said price aside they are not for everyone. Good example me. I love their irons especially the 1957 blades and the 001 Cavity backs but I do not like their wedges. I love the looks of their wedges but they are TOO soft for my feel. I also do not like the looks or feel of their metal woods. Yep some are brand loyal to a tee and in the JDM world the true JDM fans are equally divided between Miura and Homna actually I like Homna irons too.

• Like 1

I think a big part of why not many would know, is Miura does not go out of their way to promote their products in relation to the extent of others. Very much a “niche” market as is the boutique putter scene. Not for everyone. I have tried one out hooked up with an Accra shaft and really liked the way it worked for me. At some point I would like to get one.

After reading some of these posts, I feel that I need to give you all an explanation. When I moved to Miura irons I spent multiple hours testing with a track man. I compared them to all the top brands as well as PXG. For me I just hit the Miura's better my numbers were just better. That's what I meant by best in the business. I never really tested the Putters and I was wondering who may have a a positive experience with them. They look great but not really well accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I say instead of following trends and people's hype about brands , find what you specifically like and works for you the best, at the end of the day you're the person who has to be satisfied and able to hit your clubs .. I buy what works for me

I am an avid Miura iron user. The irons are the best in the business. Why do you think that their Putters are not well received.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1) Scarcity: Miura putters are even more difficult to find than their irons. Take a look at ebay and you can see all kinds of iron sets and wedges for sale, but there are significantly fewer putters for sale. 

2) Feel: The most favored top of the line putters (aka Scotty's) are clicky to me, so I think most people may not like or enjoy how Miura putters feel to them. 

I game the KM-007 mid mallet Miura putter, and it does play very soft and seems to align with my "feel" putting style. I have drained more left to right--ocean break--up the fringe crazy breaking putts with this putter in the last 6 months than I have all other putters combined in my lifetime.  I have also played the KM-006 anser-style putter and loved that one too.