13 replies to this topic

#1 rbegun

rbegun

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:52 AM

I am an avid Miura iron user. The irons are the best in the business. Why do you think that their Putters are not well received.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#2 jaskanski

jaskanski

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

What makes you think they're the "best in the business"? Because someone else told you they were?

Their irons are probably sold more on reputation rather than actual playability. The same could be said for Rolex watches or Rolls Royce cars - great products but are they any better than anything else for their purpose?

The putter thing is probably the same. The irons have a reputation, the putters don't. Likewise, Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

There's no reason for any product to fit with consumer recognition or "loyalty" based on the name or product awareness alone, but if Miura made shaving cream, then some schmuck would buy it based on their perception of the marque.

#3 deejaid

deejaid

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:16 AM

I've never rolled a Miura putter before, but I'm sure it's nice. I think the reason Miura putters aren't as well received is because the golfer whose tastes for high quality niche irons (Miura's) have equally discerning tastes in putters, which I'm sure means limited edition Scotty's or Tyson Lamb or something else north of $500 that has a reputation.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
WITB:

Driver- Cleveland Classic Custom XL 9*
3 Wood- Nicklaus Air Max
Hybrid- Adams DHY 20*
Irons & Wedges- Ping ISI 4-PW, SW (52*), SW3 (57*), LW (61*)
Putter- Ping Zing 5

#4 silver & black

silver & black

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationMassillon Ohio
  • Handicap:me!

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

I would argue that their whiskey aint that great either... unless we are talking about the Single Barrel.  ;)

#5 BIG STU

BIG STU

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members
  • 3,536 posts
  • LocationGarden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:23 PM

One of my playing buddies is the Miura dealer here. So I am lucky I get to try all the stuff. Yep with the correct shaft head combo it hits and feels good. I just can not afford it. On the putters I have rolled a few of them and they do putt well. He had one one day I was canning everything I stood over with it. It rolled the ball great and felt great. I put it back in his bag and told him it feels too good and I can not afford it

It is what you develop feel and confidence in

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S--- Stock Bassara Regular Shaft
Hybrid--- TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue HY special

Hybrid ---- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM tip stiff

2 Iron 19* 1999 Forged Hogan Apex S-300 non tipped butt cut only to 43" (yep a real Hogan when Hogan was Hogan)

Irons --- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway X Forged Rifle 5,5 PXI Blueprinted

GW --- Callaway BECU 50* S-300

SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56* KBS wedge stock

Putter Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage Nicknamed "Rusty" because it is

Bag  TEE 3.5 stand for now

Redneck Hippie Golf Where When The Tailgate Drops The BS Stops !

Founding Father Outlaw Golf Association member #1 to heck with the USGA

#6 mcavoy

mcavoy

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

What makes you think they're the "best in the business"? Because someone else told you they were?

Their irons are probably sold more on reputation rather than actual playability. The same could be said for Rolex watches or Rolls Royce cars - great products but are they any better than anything else for their purpose?

The putter thing is probably the same. The irons have a reputation, the putters don't. Likewise, Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

There's no reason for any product to fit with consumer recognition or "loyalty" based on the name or product awareness alone, but if Miura made shaving cream, then some schmuck would buy it based on their perception of the marque.

You argue against someone's subjective opinion by offering two of your own.  And as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, George Dickel is far superior to Jack Daniels, IMO.

#7 jaskanski

jaskanski

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

You argue against someone's subjective opinion by offering two of your own.  And as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, George Dickel is far superior to Jack Daniels, IMO.

Point taken, but I never said theirs was the best. Unlike the OP, who's premise suggests that Miura are the best in the business. Whatever.

#8 mcavoy

mcavoy

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

Point taken, but I never said theirs was the best. Unlike the OP, who's premise suggests that Miura are the best in the business. Whatever.

A subjective opinion needn't be absolute.  Saying Miura irons are better than 90% of all other irons is no more or less subjective than saying they are the best.  Either way, whether you or I agree w/the OP I'm sure the marketing dept. at Miura is delighted.

#9 jaskanski

jaskanski

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

A subjective opinion needn't be absolute.  Saying Miura irons are better than 90% of all other irons is no more or less subjective than saying they are the best.  Either way, whether you or I agree w/the OP I'm sure the marketing dept. at Miura is delighted.

Agreed. I suspect they are formulating their own brand of whisky as we speak.

#10 tider

tider

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Guys, it was just his opinion.  Keep it light and fun!  No need to get bent out of shape.  We all play the same sport. 

#11 BIG STU

BIG STU

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members
  • 3,536 posts
  • LocationGarden City Beach SC

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

Miura does have a certain process in which they forge their metal and they do use virgin not recycled steel with their makeup to begin with. Also they  do not franchise just anyone to be a dealer and build their clubs. All of their dealers/builders are accomplished builders/fitters. All of that combined makes for a sweet club. Now with that being said price aside they are not for everyone. Good example me. I love their irons especially the 1957 blades and the 001 Cavity backs but I do not like their wedges. I love the looks of their wedges but they are TOO soft for my feel. I also do not like the looks or feel of their metal woods. Yep some are brand loyal to a tee and in the JDM world the true JDM fans are equally divided between Miura and Homna actually I like Homna irons too.

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S--- Stock Bassara Regular Shaft
Hybrid--- TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue HY special

Hybrid ---- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM tip stiff

2 Iron 19* 1999 Forged Hogan Apex S-300 non tipped butt cut only to 43" (yep a real Hogan when Hogan was Hogan)

Irons --- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway X Forged Rifle 5,5 PXI Blueprinted

GW --- Callaway BECU 50* S-300

SW Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56* KBS wedge stock

Putter Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage Nicknamed "Rusty" because it is

Bag  TEE 3.5 stand for now

Redneck Hippie Golf Where When The Tailgate Drops The BS Stops !

Founding Father Outlaw Golf Association member #1 to heck with the USGA

#12 Maverickping

Maverickping

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

I think a big part of why not many would know, is Miura does not go out of their way to promote their products in relation to the extent of others. Very much a “niche” market as is the boutique putter scene. Not for everyone. I have tried one out hooked up with an Accra shaft and really liked the way it worked for me. At some point I would like to get one.

#13 rbegun

rbegun

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

After reading some of these posts, I feel that I need to give you all an explanation. When I moved to Miura irons I spent multiple hours testing with a track man. I compared them to all the top brands as well as PXG. For me I just hit the Miura's better my numbers were just better. That's what I meant by best in the business. I never really tested the Putters and I was wondering who may have a a positive experience with them. They look great but not really well accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#14 jlukes

jlukes

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,723 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:50 PM

No explanation needed. Play what makes you happy

In my Sun Mountain 2017 3.5LS

:taylormade-small: 2017 M2 10.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 65 6.0
:taylormade-small: 2017 M2 3HL 16.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0
:mizuno-small: MP18 Fli Hi 3 Iron - Project X LZ 6.0
:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0
:titelist-small:  Vokey SM6 50.12F, 54.14F & 60.08M
5WoCG8Y.jpgER2
:taylormade-small: TP5x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      09 Nov
    golfovernight

he best players don't get overwhelmed with mechanical thoughts as they stand over the ball. They pick one feel-based thought and go with it. Steal one of these tour thoughts for some pre-swing clarity.

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors