TESTERS WANTED! ×

Miura Putters

rbegun

What makes you think they're the "best in the business"? Because someone else told you they were?

Their irons are probably sold more on reputation rather than actual playability. The same could be said for Rolex watches or Rolls Royce cars - great products but are they any better than anything else for their purpose?

The putter thing is probably the same. The irons have a reputation, the putters don't. Likewise, Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

There's no reason for any product to fit with consumer recognition or "loyalty" based on the name or product awareness alone, but if Miura made shaving cream, then some schmuck would buy it based on their perception of the marque.

I've never rolled a Miura putter before, but I'm sure it's nice. I think the reason Miura putters aren't as well received is because the golfer whose tastes for high quality niche irons (Miura's) have equally discerning tastes in putters, which I'm sure means limited edition Scotty's or Tyson Lamb or something else north of $500 that has a reputation.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

One of my playing buddies is the Miura dealer here. So I am lucky I get to try all the stuff. Yep with the correct shaft head combo it hits and feels good. I just can not afford it. On the putters I have rolled a few of them and they do putt well. He had one one day I was canning everything I stood over with it. It rolled the ball great and felt great. I put it back in his bag and told him it feels too good and I can not afford it

It is what you develop feel and confidence in

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

What makes you think they're the "best in the business"? Because someone else told you they were?

Their irons are probably sold more on reputation rather than actual playability. The same could be said for Rolex watches or Rolls Royce cars - great products but are they any better than anything else for their purpose?

The putter thing is probably the same. The irons have a reputation, the putters don't. Likewise, Jack Daniels make great whiskey but their barbecue sauce sucks.

There's no reason for any product to fit with consumer recognition or "loyalty" based on the name or product awareness alone, but if Miura made shaving cream, then some schmuck would buy it based on their perception of the marque.

You argue against someone's subjective opinion by offering two of your own.  And as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, George Dickel is far superior to Jack Daniels, IMO.

You argue against someone's subjective opinion by offering two of your own.  And as far as Tennessee whiskey goes, George Dickel is far superior to Jack Daniels, IMO.

Point taken, but I never said theirs was the best. Unlike the OP, who's premise suggests that Miura are the best in the business. Whatever.

Point taken, but I never said theirs was the best. Unlike the OP, who's premise suggests that Miura are the best in the business. Whatever.

A subjective opinion needn't be absolute.  Saying Miura irons are better than 90% of all other irons is no more or less subjective than saying they are the best.  Either way, whether you or I agree w/the OP I'm sure the marketing dept. at Miura is delighted.

A subjective opinion needn't be absolute.  Saying Miura irons are better than 90% of all other irons is no more or less subjective than saying they are the best.  Either way, whether you or I agree w/the OP I'm sure the marketing dept. at Miura is delighted.

Agreed. I suspect they are formulating their own brand of whisky as we speak.

Miura does have a certain process in which they forge their metal and they do use virgin not recycled steel with their makeup to begin with. Also they  do not franchise just anyone to be a dealer and build their clubs. All of their dealers/builders are accomplished builders/fitters. All of that combined makes for a sweet club. Now with that being said price aside they are not for everyone. Good example me. I love their irons especially the 1957 blades and the 001 Cavity backs but I do not like their wedges. I love the looks of their wedges but they are TOO soft for my feel. I also do not like the looks or feel of their metal woods. Yep some are brand loyal to a tee and in the JDM world the true JDM fans are equally divided between Miura and Homna actually I like Homna irons too.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think a big part of why not many would know, is Miura does not go out of their way to promote their products in relation to the extent of others. Very much a “niche” market as is the boutique putter scene. Not for everyone. I have tried one out hooked up with an Accra shaft and really liked the way it worked for me. At some point I would like to get one.

After reading some of these posts, I feel that I need to give you all an explanation. When I moved to Miura irons I spent multiple hours testing with a track man. I compared them to all the top brands as well as PXG. For me I just hit the Miura's better my numbers were just better. That's what I meant by best in the business. I never really tested the Putters and I was wondering who may have a a positive experience with them. They look great but not really well accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 1 year later...

I say instead of following trends and people's hype about brands , find what you specifically like and works for you the best, at the end of the day you're the person who has to be satisfied and able to hit your clubs .. I buy what works for me

MIZUNO MX 23 (3-PW)

CLEVELAND CG15 ZipGroove Wedges

TOMMY ARMOUR IMPACT SERIES NO.1 PUTTER

ALWAYS LOOKING TO TRADE OR BUY CLUBS ESPECIALLY PUTTERS!!

Email - Briranney927@gmail.com or private message me anytime

MY GOLF SPY #1 FORUM

I am an avid Miura iron user. The irons are the best in the business. Why do you think that their Putters are not well received.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

1) Scarcity: Miura putters are even more difficult to find than their irons. Take a look at ebay and you can see all kinds of iron sets and wedges for sale, but there are significantly fewer putters for sale. 

2) Feel: The most favored top of the line putters (aka Scotty's) are clicky to me, so I think most people may not like or enjoy how Miura putters feel to them. 

I game the KM-007 mid mallet Miura putter, and it does play very soft and seems to align with my "feel" putting style. I have drained more left to right--ocean break--up the fringe crazy breaking putts with this putter in the last 6 months than I have all other putters combined in my lifetime.  I have also played the KM-006 anser-style putter and loved that one too.  

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The miura putter I have has a distinct click to it. Beautiful putter but does not have as good as a sound as my older Scotty does. That being said the putter is definitely unique and I could game it just wish they made a flow neck lefty. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2016 at 6:48 AM, jaskanski said:

Can’t knock it if you haven’t tried them.. just like you can’t dismiss a rolls if you haven’t driven one. 
Miura irons have the best playability out of all the 30 sets I’ve had. If you’re a good ball striker, the turf interaction is second to none. I’m not comparing domestic brand either because they all can’t hold a candle light to the eastern companies. 
Miura beats out fujimoto, epon, kyoei, mizuno, etc...

I play the km-008 and switched from a toulon odyssey. Scotty didn’t compare from a blade putter stand point. 

Everything is subjective though, some may disagree. One thing is certain though, writing Miura or RR off as a status quo is a tell tale sign of someone who hasn’t the experience to make a proper judgement. 

to answer OP- the Miura putters are made scarcely and not marketed to the west. To get one means that you won’t be able to test it out before shelling 1,600$ out. 

it’s worth the price if it puts the ball in the cup...

What I’m playing:

tsi2- long club

ts2 - longish club

ts2 - kinda long club

mc501

miura tour wedges 

Miura km008

prov1x

🏽

45 minutes ago, G moneey said:

o answer OP- the Miura putters are made scarcely and not marketed to the west. To get one means that you won’t be able to test it out before shelling 1,600$ out. 

Not quite true. There are miura dealers in the US and I got a km-009 with lagp shaft for under $1000 oit the door

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not quite true. There are miura dealers in the US and I got a km-009 with lagp shaft for under $1000 oit the door

There are very few dealers which actively carry the putters. Miura does not even market the putters themselves... 

nowhere on their international site is there even a spot to view the putters. 

dealers are left to do this advertising themselves. 

my 1,600$ price reference was in regards to the more desirable models as well. 

What I’m playing:

tsi2- long club

ts2 - longish club

ts2 - kinda long club

mc501

miura tour wedges 

Miura km008

prov1x

🏽

On 3/10/2021 at 12:04 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

I’m going to second this. Picked  up a KM 006LH from an authorized dealer for under $400. Older new stock, not the new putters with the larger graphics. Came with a Nippon NS Pro shaft. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

• 1 year later...