TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Good Lord at the new members jumping on board today!!!  I was scrolling through the signees for the Bushnell range finder review and saw a boat load of folks from Georgia and the southeast in general.   Hell it made me dizzy just looking through all the recent newbies on board.  Great thing for the community and I hope all those folks don't just taste the pie but enjoy the whole menu.

Yeah, that seems to happen with each new testing opportunity.  But like you said, if they have a look around the fourm just a little bit while here, they may decide to pull up a stool and stay for a while.   I realize not everyone will, but if we get a couple quality members  out of each one, that'll be great. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yeah, that seems to happen with each new testing opportunity.  But like you said, if they have a look around the fourm just a little bit while here, they may decide to pull up a stool and stay for a while.   I realize not everyone will, but if we get a couple quality members  out of each one, that'll be great. 

Absolutely!  I sent some of the local boys a hello and told them to check out some of the outing links. Sometimes a little nudge can start an avalanche . ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Heading to Macon, Ga. today to have lunch with my son at the Cracker Barrel. It will be a good day to share some time, catch up on what's going on, and give him his Christmas gift. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

I'm starting to get nervous... I fly out tomorrow morning for an interview. It starts with dinner tomorrow night, then various rounds of one-on-ones over the course of four hours on Wednesday morning. I fly back out right after lunch... Just thinking about it has my stomach full of butterflies. I'm good with whatever the Big Man Upstairs has for me, so just praying to do well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Yeah, that seems to happen with each new testing opportunity. But like you said, if they have a look around the fourm just a little bit while here, they may decide to pull up a stool and stay for a while. I realize not everyone will, but if we get a couple quality members out of each one, that'll be great.

WITB - :taylormade-small:

Driver - TaylorMade M2 - Stiff flex / 12.5*

3 & 7 Wood - TaylorMade M2

6i -Gap - TaylorMade M4- Stiff flex

Wedges - TaylorMade ATV 55* & 60*

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Right Handed Neutral lie on all clubs

Think everyone is getting cabin fever and working the web. Ready for the rain to stop and get out there. Going to play Wed, Thr and Friday and hope I don't lose too many balls in the leaves.

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

I'm starting to get nervous... I fly out tomorrow morning for an interview. It starts with dinner tomorrow night, then various rounds of one-on-ones over the course of four hours on Wednesday morning. I fly back out right after lunch... Just thinking about it has my stomach full of butterflies. I'm good with whatever the Big Man Upstairs has for me, so just praying to do well!

Everything IMO happens for a reason. You go out there and look that person in the eye and tell em you're no doubt the best man for the job.  Confident, strong, and believing in yourself.  If you don't get the job, something else will be right for you. Good luck!

Cleveland

Heading to Macon, Ga. today to have lunch with my son at the Cracker Barrel. It will be a good day to share some time, catch up on what's going on, and give him his Christmas gift. Looking forward to it!

Uncle Herschel's is the best.....I like the country ham, bicuits n gravy and apples.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey PMookie,  just be yourself, if it's meant to be it will happen......Best of Luck to ya!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Uncle Herschel's is the best.....I like the country ham, bicuits n gravy and apples.

Oh yea! I ❤️ me some country ham!

Cleveland

Glad we live in the south boys. Everywhere else is in for a beating this week.

Ready to tee it up with the wife here in Big Canoe.

IMG_0692.JPG

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Glad we live in the south boys. Everywhere else is in for a beating this week. Ready to tee it up with the wife here in Big Canoe.

I love the look and play of dormant Bermuda!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

No reason to get nervous.  It's like leading the tournament by 6 shots with two to play.  No pressure!! B) Hope it goes well and you have good flights!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Being a bit nervous is understandable, you are human after all.    However, I'm sure you can handle the nerves.    Since you must fly to the interview, will be having dinner with their representatives and have "one on one" interviews scheduled, that leads me to believe that the company already has an interest in you.   Remember, this exercise is a two way street.  Not only will the company confirm their interest in you, likewise, you will determine if this company is a good fit for your career path or plans.   But like others have said,  things happen for a reason and most times, in such matters, for the best.   

Good luck. Just be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. As Wahoo said to be going to this extent they must have some strong interest.

If nothing else, you get a trip and valuable interview experience out of it.

Couple travel tips of you haven't travelled for business before.

Pack a carry on. Its no time for a lost bag. Also carry one more short than you think you will need.

Check the bottom of the iron in the hotel room before ironing the shirt. Trust me on this one.

Oh and NEVER order pasta for a business meal, especially an interview.

Splashed red sauce on a tie or shirt never looks good.

Other than that relax and knock it out of the park.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Glad we live in the south boys. Everywhere else is in for a beating this week. Ready to tee it up with the wife here in Big Canoe.

One of these days maybe my wife and I can join you folks.  I've heard good things about Big Canoe!

Cleveland

One of these days maybe my wife and I can join you folks. I've heard good things about Big Canoe!

Love to have you visit. When spring rolls around let's chat.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

Love to have you visit. When spring rolls around let's chat.

Sounds like a plan!

Cleveland

I certainly understand the appreciation for the ability to play golf pretty much year round.   To compensate, I remind myself that if one has not cried, they do not really experience the joy of laughing, if one has never been sad, they truly cannot appreciate happiness.   Currently, yes, my inability to just go out and play is causing me to cry and be sad.   But come the end of March, I am going to really appreciate the joy of laughter and true happiness regarding my golf game.   That's my story and I'm sticking to it for my golfing mental health. 

I certainly understand the appreciation for the ability to play golf pretty much year round. To compensate, I remind myself that if one has not cried, they do not really experience the joy of laughing, if one has never been sad, they truly cannot appreciate happiness. Currently, yes, my inability to just go out and play is causing me to cry and be sad. But come the end of March, I am going to really appreciate the joy of laughter and true happiness regarding my golf game. That's my story and I'm sticking to it for my golfing mental health.

Well said. While we may not be able to play as often as we want we can at least hone our putting and short chipping game inside on the carpet, or should I say my wife allows me to do so. Getting pretty good at reading the breaks on my downstairs carpet 🏌️

I use a small chipping net about 6 feet away and use the 60 degree wedge to chip into it. Do about 50 chips a day and it at least prepares your setup and swing but reality strikes when I get out on the tight lies we now have on the fringes around the greens.

Another way I keep my head in the game is to read the USGA Rules and Decisions book. Can be a snoozer for most players but something I enjoy.

Putter - Odyssey 2 Ball

Ball - Titleist Pro V1

The interview went well! Looks like I should be getting an offer. It sounded like they were prepping me for a lower number than what I said I'd need... We'll see. Great opportunity!

The interview went well! Looks like I should be getting an offer. It sounded like they were prepping me for a lower number than what I said I'd need... We'll see. Great opportunity!

Congrats. Don't settle for less than what you know you're worth. Many times employers will bank on someone wanting the job had enough to take the first offer.

If you're their man, they'll pay the price, within reason.

Sent from my LG-D850 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Where would you be moving to?  Somewhere cold?  More MGS'ers?  Lots to consider.

Where would you be moving to? Somewhere cold? More MGS'ers? Lots to consider.

I wouldn't have to move, thankfully, but it's bad because there'll continue to be zero MGS'ers around. Hmm. May have to negotiate that!

Sounds promising Mook!  Keeping good vibes heading your way for a successful outcome.

Cleveland

Sounds promising Mook! Keeping good vibes heading your way for a successful outcome.

I have to call them at 9AM and "be able to write down some things".

Good luck sleeping tonight :D 

Cleveland

Huh... Sounds like a contract negotiation. Great advice from the other old timers .. re-read!

Maybe cram in "The Art of The Deal" tonight ;-)

But - know, before the call, and absolutely cold, what _you_ want and what you are willing to compromise. And even on that, leave it "open" to be re-negotiated in a year.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Offer came.... Wow. Better than I was asking!!!! I'll accept tomorrow! Literally humbled right now...

Congrats PMookie!