TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Not sure where else to post this but got some really good news today. My son got invited to be part of the junior team at our club. He was a very happy little man when he saw the invite from our asst. pro today. I also think it was cool that that our asst. pro did a blanked email that went to each child and then a personalized invitation for them to be part of the team. Looks like my caddy days are coming back since I get to carry the bag for him.

That's pretty cool! There's nothing better than watching your son compete and enjoy him self

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

That's pretty cool! There's nothing better than watching your son compete and enjoy him self

I have watched him in football and wrestling since he was a 5 year old but this will be the first time that he is competing for a summer in golf.  He played a few club events last year and we won our division of the father son (I may have carried him a bit with 5 birds in nine holes).  He did chip in with two pars and two bogies on the holes for him that counted :)

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

My youngest Granddaughter just received a Soccer and Academic scholarship to Warner University(Lake Wales, FL) .

She signs at her High School on Monday. Brooke was captain of her high school soccer team that went undefeated this year. She also plays in a national league.

Way to go Brooke!

BTW, she will graduate with an AA degree a week before high school graduation!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

You know you're getting old when you see someone on tv in your age bracket and think to ya self, "dayuuuummmm that's an old looking heifer"!  Then you see someone who you went to high school with and you can't believe how old they look! :blink:   I suppose it's because sometimes I feel like I'm still young at heart until I have to climb out of bed in the mornings.... :(   

Cleveland

My 10 weeks of paternity leave started today attachicon.gifIMG_20170405_105815.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170405_110013.jpg

c973e8b6fad19a72c1d7063cecf4805f.jpg

I can tell little man kind of likes his Dad... :D 

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

My 10 weeks of paternity leave started today attachicon.gifIMG_20170405_105815.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20170405_110013.jpg

c973e8b6fad19a72c1d7063cecf4805f.jpg

Congrats, and love the shirt. I think those shirts come in a variety of sports teams as well.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Got tickets for me and the fam to join the crowd at a local county fairground for this summer's total solar eclipse. We will be viewing from Salem...because it seems like an appropriately named city to watch such a thing.

For those who haven't been keeping track, this will be the first total eclipse to cross the full length of the country in 99 years and the first time in the US (Hawaii) in 26yrs. Last time on the mainland was 38 years ago, so not an everyday sort of thing. IMG_1990.JPG

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Got tickets for me and the fam to join the crowd at a local county fairground for this summer's total solar eclipse. We will be viewing from Salem...because it seems like an appropriately named city to watch such a thing.

For those who haven't been keeping track, this will be the first total eclipse to cross the full length of the country in 99 years and the first time in the US (Hawaii) in 26yrs. Last time on the mainland was 38 years ago, so not an everyday sort of thing. attachicon.gifIMG_1990.JPG

What is the date?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Found out we lost 2 more men's club members this past fall.Not do to passing away, but quitting the game.Seems like every season I see less of the regulars.Will occasionally see them and will always ask how they are doing.This game frustrates me as well, and I also contemplated quitting many a time.Still give them kudos for going through with giving up on a hobby.When they said it's enough.They truly meant it and never picked up a club again

Keep it in the short stuff

• 4 weeks later...

Wowser! 410 members, 1164 guests online MGS right now!!! This place is cooking hawter than a catfish in a frying pan....

Cleveland

Heading to Dick's this morning to pick up some new walking shoes.

Cleveland

Good for you!!! You are gonna LOVE ❤️ it!

I'm retired now for 5 years. It took me about 2 years to get "normal". Going from working everyday running a company to a "what now" scenario was a bit difficult.

Once the brain kicks in your going to love it. Moving to FL. Was the best thunder could have done.

Enjoy yourself, life is short.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Can't believe how many peeps quit the game of golf(that I knew well).Met a few gentleman today while shopping that said they are officially done with this game.In my lifetime, I can almost remember 20 to 30 avid golfers who just quit instantly

Why - or how ? Does one just stop a hobby abruptly that they were avid at for year(s)

Keep it in the short stuff

Can't believe how many peeps quit the game of golf(that I knew well).Met a few gentleman today while shopping that said they are officially done with this game.In my lifetime, I can almost remember 20 to 30 avid golfers who just quit instantly

Why - or how ? Does one just stop a hobby abruptly that they were avid at for year(s)

Maybe boredom? I stopped flying (small single engine planes) after about 10 years. Then went out and bought several sailboats over 30 years and just quit that. Neither offered me the ongoing challenges I need. Started playing golf 5 years ago and I stink at it. So I figure by the time I get good at it (if that ever happens) I won't remember what I'm doing so it won't matter

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I don't know anyone when quit for no good reason.  One quit because he couldn't see anymore; another quit because he couldn't push his cart (he was 92) and refused to ride.

Maybe boredom? I stopped flying (small single engine planes) after about 10 years. Then went out and bought several sailboats over 30 years and just quit that. Neither offered me the ongoing challenges I need. Started playing golf 5 years ago and I stink at it. So I figure by the time I get good at it (if that ever happens) I won't remember what I'm doing so it won't matter

I did the sailboat thing for awhile, but too much work and golf is cheaper, if you can believe that!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Heading to Dick's this morning to pick up some new walking shoes.

OG...just seeing this post.   I'm guessing the ecco's didn't work well for you either?   I was very disappointed in the feel of that pair for myself.  I was used to ecco's being the most comfortable shoe i've ever worn.  That has now been taken over by the Puma Ignite line, the regular ignite and the sport. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

OG...just seeing this post. I'm guessing the ecco's didn't work well for you either? I was very disappointed in the feel of that pair for myself. I was used to ecco's being the most comfortable shoe i've ever worn. That has now been taken over by the Puma Ignite line, the regular ignite and the sport.

No partner I love the eccos you passed my way!

I had to buy some dog walking shoes

Cleveland

No partner I love the eccos you passed my way!

I had to buy some dog walking shoes

Oh good, I'm glad they are working for you, they just didn't fit me like others in the past have!

• 2 weeks later...

As some of you know we bought a house almost a month ago. I found out on moving day that our neighbor is an older gentleman who I always see at the golf course. I had no idea he was going to be our neighbor, but I'm sure glad he is. Today is the second time he has done something for us unexpectedly. We had some big limbs that fell from a storm, that needed some chainsaw attention. Well, one day out of the blue I come home and they're chopped up. Then today, even better. I had a brush pile in my backyard where I hauled the other limbs too, and it was getting rather big. It was there before we moved in, I just haven't had time to get rid of it. Well, today I come home and the pile is gone. It's smoking. He came over while I was at work and burned all of it for us.

I haven't figured out if he's being nice or just embarrassed of our yard, I'm hoping the first option.

I just had to tell someone, it helps restore faith in humanity.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

As some of you know we bought a house almost a month ago. I found out on moving day that our neighbor is an older gentleman who I always see at the golf course. I had no idea he was going to be our neighbor, but I'm sure glad he is. Today is the second time he has done something for us unexpectedly. We had some big limbs that fell from a storm, that needed some chainsaw attention. Well, one day out of the blue I come home and they're chopped up. Then today, even better. I had a brush pile in my backyard where I hauled the other limbs too, and it was getting rather big. It was there before we moved in, I just haven't had time to get rid of it. Well, today I come home and the pile is gone. It's smoking. He came over while I was at work and burned all of it for us.

I haven't figured out if he's being nice or just embarrassed of our yard, I'm hoping the first option.

I just had to tell someone, it helps restore faith in humanity.

That is very cool. I'm sure it's the being nice reason. He probably sees you guys are a young working couple and pressed for time. It probably helps him occupy his day and feel useful.

Maybe walk over with a six pack of beer or bottle of wine as a gesture of thanks and You'l find out for sure.

Random acts of kindness make me smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since there wasn't a follow up thread on the test in the Rain Gear ( that I saw) I thought the timing of those results could not apply any less to me this week

Live in Northern California they said, it will be fun they said

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

Well, since there wasn't a follow up thread on the test in the Rain Gear ( that I saw) I thought the timing of those results could not apply any less to me this week

attachicon.gifIMG_1300.PNG

Live in Northern California they said, it will be fun they said

My, that will help dry up that rain you got this year!  You are a few weeks ahead of us.  100's start showing up about July.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”