TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Whitecaps start to form when the wind gets to about 20 .. the hardcore windsurfers at The Gorge, though (at least outside of the Marina area), don't even start to go out until it gets up to like 30..!

(And the swells start to form up against the river current)

There were swells!!  

Yes - truly spectacular! Unbelievable area.

Drove from the coast up to Hood River, and inland just far enough to where you can see the desert.

There are some interesting hikes along, and across, the river .. lots of mountain biking, of course .. and you can even ski at the top of Mt. Hood in the Summer!

You didn't come far enough!!  Another 150 miles and you are in my town.  I have a peek-a-boo view of the Columbia River from my house.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There were swells!!

You didn't come far enough!! Another 150 miles and you are in my town. I have a peek-a-boo view of the Columbia River from my house.

OK - next trip!!

Really, though, have seen most parts of this country but not enough of the NorthWest! Someday........

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

OK - next trip!!

Really, though, have seen most parts of this country but not enough of the NorthWest! Someday........

There is a nice little loop of great courses in Eastern Washington/Idaho...

Wine Valley in Walla Walla.

Palouse Ridge in Pullman

Circling Raven, south end of Lake Coeur d'Alene

Coeur d'Alene Resort

And of course, in Central Washington on the Columbia River is the new course Gamble Sands, a must-play.  Spokane would be the best city to fly into.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There is a nice little loop of great courses in Eastern Washington/Idaho...

Wine Valley in Walla Walla.

Palouse Ridge in Pullman

Circling Raven, south end of Lake Coeur d'Alene

Coeur d'Alene Resort

And of course, in Central Washington on the Columbia River is the new course Gamble Sands, a must-play. Spokane would be the best city to fly into.
Those all sound great - thx - just copied that info into my "Someday..." list!

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

I keep reading things about range balls not going as far as the normal ones we game, how you shouldn't try to gauge your distances on the range, etc. I get that they don't put as much R&D/tech into practice balls, but how significant is it? Has anyone ever tested it personally, like drop a range ball next to their ball in the fairway and (hopefully after a similar quality of strike) tested the difference in distance?

Was juggling whether or not to make a separate thread for this, but I'm guessing someone has, or can point me to, some decent info related to this.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I keep reading things about range balls not going as far as the normal ones we game, how you shouldn't try to gauge your distances on the range, etc. I get that they don't put as much R&D/tech into practice balls, but how significant is it? Has anyone ever tested it personally, like drop a range ball next to their ball in the fairway and (hopefully after a similar quality of strike) tested the difference in distance?

Was juggling whether or not to make a separate thread for this, but I'm guessing someone has, or can point me to, some decent info related to this.

The balls at my range say "limited range" right on them. At the end of every range session I always hit a few real, but scuffed, balls with my driver. I max out at about 255-260 carry with the limited distance balls and I pump the regular balls over them by at least 15 yards every time.

I was out of town from Monday through Wednesday this week.  I called my wife on Monday night to check in, and she was in the middle of a torrential downpour with thunder, lightning, and high winds.  She said it was "biblical".  Motorists on the Interstate pulled over because they couldn't see.  She drove on a street with water running between the curbs.

Well, I went to the golf course yesterday to practice and ran into one of my playing partners.  He has been running a chainsaw the last couple of days.  Apparently our course lost 7 trees, and if you have seen pictures of my course, we don't have many to lose!  

aerials_410-edit2.jpg

There were branches and twigs all over the course, and the maintenance crew has been picking them up so they can mow.  We had sustained winds of 45mph with gusts to 60mph.  

I keep reading things about range balls not going as far as the normal ones we game, how you shouldn't try to gauge your distances on the range, etc. I get that they don't put as much R&D/tech into practice balls, but how significant is it? Has anyone ever tested it personally, like drop a range ball next to their ball in the fairway and (hopefully after a similar quality of strike) tested the difference in distance?

My instructor calls them 80% balls because he considers them to go only 80 % of regular golf balls

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I was out of town from Monday through Wednesday this week. I called my wife on Monday night to check in, and she was in the middle of a torrential downpour with thunder, lightning, and high winds. She said it was "biblical". Motorists on the Interstate pulled over because they couldn't see. She drove on a street with water running between the curbs.

Well, I went to the golf course yesterday to practice and ran into one of my playing partners. He has been running a chainsaw the last couple of days. Apparently our course lost 7 trees, and if you have seen pictures of my course, we don't have many to lose!

attachicon.gifaerials_410-edit2.jpg

There were branches and twigs all over the course, and the maintenance crew has been picking them up so they can mow. We had sustained winds of 45mph with gusts to 60mph.

That is a very cool looking course! Are all those "features" .. ie. those large mound-shaped hazardous impediments ;) .. man-made?

Oh, PS:

The trees here were my buddies yesterday - not one but THREE balls deflected back into the fairway!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

That is a very cool looking course! Are all those "features" .. ie. those large mound-shaped hazardous impediments ;) .. man-made?

Oh, PS:

The trees here were my buddies yesterday - not one but THREE balls deflected back into the fairway!!!

YES... I hate them.  The only good thing about them is I get a lot of practice playing from uneven lies.  The course replaced a relatively flat 18-hole course and a 9-hole par 3 course, and they had lots of trees.  Many blew down in a big windstorm back in 1990.  I'm looking for old photos of the original course, but so far no luck.

Speaking of luck... it sounds like you had "pro luck" with those trees.  My old course didn't have a lot of trees on it either, but one hole had a large tree on the right side of the fairway and I would hit it occasionally.  The ball NEVER bounced into the fairway.  I have played that hole with the pro, and on every time he hit that tree, it bounced into the fairway.  I still say that some people are luckier than others, and that to be a pro you have to have more luck than a good amateur.  Not all of that luck is due to more practice.  

And I will raise your waterfall, with another picture of a waterfall. This was at the end of our hike we took last year on our vacation in Gatlinburg, TN.

IMG_5370.JPG

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I will raise your Gatlinburg a few feet.

https://youtu.be/AQiKDHZ1Edc

Crappy quality... what he heck.

attachicon.gifIMG_0227.JPG

Here's a still.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That's awesome! Where is that at?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

That's awesome! Where is that at?

It's called Laughing Whitefish Falls, near Chatham Michigan.

Here's a link, there are a ton of falls UP here. And a tons of trout streams to match them. Some of the best (not well known) places to catch some trout is right out my back door.

http://www.uptravel.com/waterfalls-of-the-u.p.-59/

- Alan

No better place for a random Waterfall picture than the RANDOM THREAD

attachicon.gifIMG_1459.JPG

- Alan

Love that photo! Okay... a couple of waterfall pics: IMG_7813.jpegIMG_9011+%281%29.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Love that photo! Okay... a couple of waterfall pics: attachicon.gifIMG_7813attachicon.gifIMG_9011 (1)

Multnomah Falls is breathtaking... if you ever drive the Columbia River highway and drive by without stopping you're really missing something...

although - to be honest - there are a TON of amazing waterfalls in OR.... 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Yellowstone is my second favorite place.. haven't found my first favorite yet.

- Alan

Maybe Pine Valley in NJ?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Multnomah Falls is breathtaking... if you ever drive the Columbia River highway and drive by without stopping you're really missing something...

although - to be honest - there are a TON of amazing waterfalls in OR.... 

Beautiful place and you need to hike up to the top of the falls.  However, this time of year the parking lot for Multnomah Falls on I-84 is so full of cars that they close the entrance, and it's a hazard just driving by.

Because you're posting them using their mobile app

Really? Should I be using my laptop? Thanks, jlukes!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x