Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

This week I learned that noise cancelling headphones can cause headaches and dizziness/mild nasuea. I've had a pair for a while that I use at work, and I've been noticing that when I wear them for a sustained period, let's say longer than half an hour, I start to not feel well. At first I thought maybe my glasses needed a new prescription, but nope. I run F.lux on my monitors to eliminate blue light, and the headaches were still coming. I wear ear buds all the time, along with other types of over-ear headphones at home for a long time with no fatigue or headaches.

So I did a little research online and sure enough, some low end frequencies still filter through and can mess up your ears, making you almost feel motion sick. Since I need to take Dramamine on long car trips or flights, this didn't surprise me. I ended up buying a $14 pair of Sonys and using them for a few days... and zero discomfort or side effects. So much for the pricey noise cancelling models!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Eye surgery in one week (Dec 17).....followed by approx 3 weeks of recuperation. Not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to the results.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Best wishes there - I will put you on our prayer list at church.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Well this is a combination of "Got a Problem"  and "Happy" threads, so I guess it fits here. In early November my youngest got married and at some point my wife lost her expensive diamond wedding band. After several futile searches: hotel, beauty shop, car, all throughout our house (several times) and even checked the lost and found ads, she came to the conclusion  after a month that it's gone. Fortunately we had it listed in our insurance policy. 

The happy part? When she contacted the adjuster this past week, it was a no hassle, short conversation that concluded with "we're wiring you the money for the full appraisal price" In today's age of insurance delays or interrogations, I was thrilled with their response. Now as long as they don't raise rates they've got a customer for life.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A good read about my first employer way back when I was a kid.  He owned a petroleum business for many years in my hometown.  Mr. McKnight is still a member of my home club.  He defeated Sergio Garcia in the 1998 US Amateur Semifinal before losing to Hank Kuehne in the final.  But that still earned him a spot in the 1999 Masters.  

https://www.roanoke.com/sports/golf/local-golf-notebook-mcknight-an-easy-choice-for-state-hall/article_049e50d7-c335-507b-90fe-5867fc72c09e.html

Anyone know any good blonde jokes?

• Because she's a blonde she can just smile and everyone is happy.
  • Because she's a blonde every head turns when she walks in the room.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll never have to worry about getting help when her car breaks down.
  • Because she's a blonde she's never had to buy a single drink in her life.
  • Because she's a blonde they have a special MRS degree at all colleges, where she can party for four years, never attend classes, but walk away from the university not only with a husband, but a degree, and a high five figure job for an "entry level" whatever.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll spend her entire life having strange men cater to her every desire.  And if she gets bored with husband #1, there are 10 other fools in line to pick up behind her.

I say this today, because my company not so long ago hired a blonde to be our new HR person.  We never had an HR person before, but this was a needed position where people could actually have a human being to go to to have questions answered about company stuff that the finance department had no business having to answer.  But the more you get to know "the blonde" the more you realize that that beautiful face, hair and body are simply masking the fact that she's got air between her ears, and that there is no intelligence whatsoever in her.  But sure, she looks good, so have her be in every company picture for every function and event the company puts on.  I guess since she looks good, it makes the company look good to have this brain dead bimbo out in front looking good for the camera.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

6 minutes ago, GSwag said:

Anyone know any good blonde jokes?

• Because she's a blonde she can just smile and everyone is happy.
  • Because she's a blonde every head turns when she walks in the room.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll never have to worry about getting help when her car breaks down.
  • Because she's a blonde she's never had to buy a single drink in her life.
  • Because she's a blonde they have a special MRS degree at all colleges, where she can party for four years, never attend classes, but walk away from the university not only with a husband, but a degree, and a high five figure job for an "entry level" whatever.
  • Because she's a blonde she'll spend her entire life having strange men cater to her every desire.  And if she gets bored with husband #1, there are 10 other fools in line to pick up behind her.

I say this today, because my company not so long ago hired a blonde to be our new HR person.  We never had an HR person before, but this was a needed position where people could actually have a human being to go to to have questions answered about company stuff that the finance department had no business having to answer.  But the more you get to know "the blonde" the more you realize that that beautiful face, hair and body are simply masking the fact that she's got air between her ears, and that there is no intelligence whatsoever in her.  But sure, she looks good, so have her be in every company picture for every function and event the company puts on.  I guess since she looks good, it makes the company look good to have this brain dead bimbo out in front looking good for the camera.

Plenty of blonde jokes in the "What's your best joke thread" But in this case, sadly, the jokes on your company. Sorry to hear! 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I’ve followed golf forums for almost 10 years now.And maybe it is me, but the overall posts and threads created has really dropped substantially.I remember making a thread on another forum.And within a few hours it would drop out of sight onto the second page.There was some massive online golf forum traffic back in the day.Now threads seem to hang on the opening page for almost a week at times.With little or no responses

love this forum.But times have really changed.So many members have left or maybe even possibly passed away.Seems like most never hang around.Or are only about giveaways

Edited by Big money

Keep it in the short stuff

1 hour ago, Edveed said:

I’ve followed golf forums for almost 10 years now.And maybe it is me, but the overall posts and threads created has really dropped substantially.I remember making a thread on another forum.And within a few hours it would drop out of sight onto the second page.There was some massive online golf forum traffic back in the day.Now threads seem to hang on the opening page for almost a week at times.With little or no responses

love this forum.But times have really changed.So many members have left or maybe even possibly passed away.Seems like most never hang around.Or are only about giveaways

There's a cyclicality to everything we do. If you're comparing today to 10 years ago, there were fewer golf resources online, there was a  certain "newness" to it,  and yes, the contests are or were appealing. While there aren't several pages of new posts every hour or day here, I'm ok with that, as my preference is  quality over quantity. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

It's sunrise now here in Idaho and what an extraordinary sight to see with no cloud cover this morning. If any of you have the chance to take a peek the next few days before the sun rises where you're at (at least here in the Northern Hemisphere), look to the Southeast and you'll be amazed! First of course there is the "morning Star" Venus (more towards the South). She is really close to us right now (50 million miles) and very bright. But further toward the SE are two other bright orbs that are "close" together, Mercury & Jupiter. Though Jupiter currently is roughly about 12-times further away from us (720.5 million miles) than our current distance from Mercury (59 million miles), Jupiter still looks to be the larger of the two points which just shows you just how big that frickin' planet is!!! Mind-blowing stuff when seen from this perspective. Take a look if you have the chance and geek-out with me.

EDIT: In the time it took me to compose this, have stepped outside again and Mercury & Jupiter are already obliterated by the sun's brightness and it hasn't even come above the horizon yet. So, to see them, I'd say you'd need to looking roughly 30-45 minutes before sunrise to see this amazing sight. They'll be just above the horizon by 10 or 20 degrees I'm guessing. Happy viewing!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

4 hours ago, Edveed said:

There are other forums that post in my opinion lots of random junk  causing it to appear like there is lots of "golf" talk.   I personally like this smaller community,  lots of good people that love the game and have good thoughts, ideas, and information to share.   During the summer people come out of the woodwork for testing opportunities that many of those short term members consider giveaways.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I enjoy the “small” nature here. People post quality stuff, in-general, and I feel like there is a good group of “friends”. Yeah, as soon as the first testing opportunity hits following the PGA Show, we’ll see “New guy/girl from ______.” They’ll probably stay around long enough to see if they’ve been chosen, then move along until the next opportunity. It’s ok. No big deal. Some of us got here that way and ended-up staying, and being great contributors. If one wants BIG, WRX is still out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I enjoy the “small” nature here. People post quality stuff, in-general, and I feel like there is a good group of “friends”. Yeah, as soon as the first testing opportunity hits following the PGA Show, we’ll see “New guy/girl from ______.” They’ll probably stay around long enough to see if they’ve been chosen, then move along until the next opportunity. It’s ok. No big deal. Some of us got here that way and ended-up staying, and being great contributors. If one wants BIG, WRX is still out there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I created an account at WRX a while back, but ended up hating it. It was way too BIG for what I wanted. I like the "small" nature here. It feels more like I'm talking to a person, than some random person posting garbage on the internet. I couldn't stand how I wasn't able to read all of the content on WRX and most of it was just arguing anyway. 

Also, @Edveed, its winter for most of us northerners, so there is less golf to talk. I'm sure content will pick up some in the summer. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Went to the wild lights at the zoo tonightIMG_20181228_174415_486.jpegIMG_20181228_173555635.jpegIMG_20181228_173028982.jpegIMG_20181228_172929754.jpegIMG_20181228_172959443.jpeg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

My wife and I are slowly turning into rock-hounds.  We walk River (yellow lab) in the desert everyday and come back with our pockets and fanny packs stuffed with rocks.  We've always had a bit of a hankering for finding rocks, gems, and gold panning, but this area is pretty target rich.  I bought her a rock tumbler for Christmas and it's currently running our first batch. Some mornings, the walk goes for 2 hours with River running back n' forth between us wondering what the hell we're doing. Once you get started, it is addictive 🤪.  The best part is that I actually think it helps train me to keep my head down 😀.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

My wife and I are slowly turning into rock-hounds.  We walk River (yellow lab) in the desert everyday and come back with our pockets and fanny packs stuffed with rocks.  We've always had a bit of a hankering for finding rocks, gems, and gold panning, but this area is pretty target rich.  I bought her a rock tumbler for Christmas and it's currently running our first batch. Some mornings, the walk goes for 2 hours with River running back n' forth between us wondering what the hell we're doing. Once you get started, it is addictive 🤪.  The best part is that I actually think it helps train me to keep my head down .

Haha.

Yeah, we are the same. We caught the agate bug this summer, and now we are always on the look out. Lots of Petoskey Stones back “home”.

Good way to spend a sunny afternoon.

Me and the family with Bret Michaels. He put in a heck of a show as well.

IMG_1260.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

@Jmikecpa I took my wife to see him at Northfield Racino on Thursday night for a Christmas present...didn't get an up close and personal pic though.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, MattF said:

@Jmikecpa I took my wife to see him at Northfield Racino on Thursday night for a Christmas present...didn't get an up close and personal pic though.

Nice, he does put on a great show.  My daughter wanted to meet him and so did my wife and well I knew a guy that could make that happen.  He talked with my youngest for a few minutes about learning guitar and performing which was really cool for her.  She now has a Bret Michaels guitar pick that she has been using non-stop since she got up this morning.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

On 12/22/2018 at 6:27 AM, Edveed said:

Social Media!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it get much more random than this? I'll let you guys know if he replies 😂

Screenshot_20190103-161945[1].jpg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I am pretty positive I will be asked to leave MGS headquarters tomorrow.  It will be my first day of Most Wanted Testing for 2019 and I have a feeling I will be testing out a lot more than I am scheduled to test.  Drivers are scheduled, but hoping some of the new putters will be there as well.  

Don't know why but I am really excited about testing this year;  maybe because I am in the market for a new putter 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG