Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

On 1/28/2019 at 9:05 PM, russtopherb said:

Happens everywhere. Other forums deal with it too, and there are untold Twitter accounts that solely exist to enter giveaways, and whine about not getting free stuff. 

It’s amazing looking sat some twitter feeds and the number of contests entries some people have.  Not to mention how many of those people are just entering to win and have no intention of using the product. I know one person who won a nice set of irons and either hardly used them or not even sung them because they have a set of irons they don’t want to stop using and yet entered several giveaways for other irons

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

XL8cKR2.jpg

That’s awesome. My favorite Beatles song with my co-favorite muppet.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

8 hours before my flight and I'm in Phoenix. Found a 9 hole executive course that rents clubs. 😊

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

• 2 weeks later...

Had some time to kill on Monday so I took a trip to the Golfers Warehouse in Braintree MA...

Really cool place - 2 bays for hitting used. 4 bays with GCquad. Got to try both old and new stuff... I probably overstayed my welcome but there wasn't many people there.  That TS2...wow!

There was a large putting corral and I had fun trying them all. A few Betti's, Ping, TM, a couple Evnroll, Scotty...my favorite was easily the new Odyssey with the stroke lab shaft. Not only are they a beautiful club, the weight and feel is better than anything I've ever tried. Odyssey has something with this shaft. You've got to try it if you get a chance.  The new TM had a KBS graphite putter shaft I'd never seen either. 

Some cool putters this year!

IMG_20190218_164931.jpg

IMG_20190218_164924.jpg

IMG_20190218_164553.jpg

IMG_20190218_163755.jpg

IMG_20190218_163728.jpg

MVIMG_20190218_164402.jpg

IMG_20190218_164333.jpg

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

On 2/19/2019 at 8:40 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Had some time to kill on Monday so I took a trip to the Golfers Warehouse in Braintree MA...

Really cool place - 2 bays for hitting used. 4 bays with GCquad. Got to try both old and new stuff... I probably overstayed my welcome but there wasn't many people there.  That TS2...wow!

There was a large putting corral and I had fun trying them all. A few Betti's, Ping, TM, a couple Evnroll, Scotty...my favorite was easily the new Odyssey with the stroke lab shaft. Not only are they a beautiful club, the weight and feel is better than anything I've ever tried. Odyssey has something with this shaft. You've got to try it if you get a chance.  The new TM had a KBS graphite putter shaft I'd never seen either. 

Some cool putters this year!

IMG_20190218_164931.jpg

IMG_20190218_164924.jpg

IMG_20190218_164553.jpg

IMG_20190218_163755.jpg

IMG_20190218_163728.jpg

MVIMG_20190218_164402.jpg

IMG_20190218_164333.jpg

Man I still can't believe there are no decent golf stores in central new jersey.  2 small golf galaxy stores within 45 minutes of me, but that is about it.  Closest PGA SuperStore is over 90 minutes away.  

I did get a chance to demo the new Odyssey Stroke Labs when I stopped at a golf galaxy last week and they definitely felt interesting.  They felt rather light, but that just may be relative to my Evnroll

Absolutely stoked. Heading to Boston on Thursday and going to see the Bolts play the Bruins in TD Garden. Will proudly be flying in my Stamkos sweater from Seattle! Just wish the weather were better so we could play actual golf and not simulator golf on Friday!😂 I despise hitting on simulators, it exaggerates my mishits like crazy.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

11 hours ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Absolutely stoked. Heading to Boston on Thursday and going to see the Bolts play the Bruins in TD Garden. Will proudly be flying in my Stamkos sweater from Seattle! Just wish the weather were better so we could play actual golf and not simulator golf on Friday!😂 I despise hitting on simulators, it exaggerates my mishits like crazy.

Nice! Enjoy the trip, but hopefully TB loses 😉 Weather's going to be garbage on Thursday (mix of rain & snow) so def no outside golf. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Fun day doing most wanted  game improvement iron testing today.   Was hitting pitching wedge from 130 and had balls finish at 11", 2", and 0".  Does that count as a hole in one?????

As a putter junkie was excited to see that MGS had obtained a Spider X so I had to give it a try.  Wish it wasn't $350 but I was really impressed with the putter.  The insert had good feel and I was really able to control distance and line well.  it has moved into serious consideration to vie for a spit in the bag.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Man I still can't believe there are no decent golf stores in central new jersey.  2 small golf galaxy stores within 45 minutes of me, but that is about it.  Closest PGA SuperStore is over 90 minutes away.  
I did get a chance to demo the new Odyssey Stroke Labs when I stopped at a golf galaxy last week and they definitely felt interesting.  They felt rather light, but that just may be relative to my Evnroll

90 whole minutes?

I hear you. I am just on a larger scale. Sucks!

Hahahahahahahah.... Amazon knows me too well.

Capture.JPG

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Hahahahahahahah.... Amazon knows me too well.

Capture.JPG

Why do I keep getting Male Enhancement blather and not stuff like this???!!!😝

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Random thought of the day...:

If olive oil is made by squeezing olives, and most other types of oils are also made the same way by squeezing their respective seeds and such, then how the hell is baby oil made???!!!

Oh, and if women were totally in charge of the Pentagon, would missiles be shaped differently???!!!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I love reading stuff like this!

Fifth time playing and driver from 118.  Good for her!
A LOT of us play for a long time and have never been able to write 1 on the card.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

A LOT of us play for a long time and have never been able to write 1 on the card.

I especially like the pairs of 9's book-ending the 1.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Random thought of the day...:

If olive oil is made by squeezing olives, and most other types of oils are also made the same way by squeezing their respective seeds and such, then how the hell is baby oil made???!!!

Oh, and if women were totally in charge of the Pentagon, would missiles be shaped differently???!!!

Ha this made me almost spit out my coffee....

26 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I love reading that stuff too....then I get made when I realize how many rounds of golf I've played and yet to have a 1

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

51 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

That one shot that keeps bringing you back to the golf course!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

My son at Ft Benning during graduation and now at Ft Pope during field maneuvers.  Yea I'm a proud Dad !   

MichaelatGraduation.jpg.196ac1ee2166c6b1a7a0c25c97821d4b.jpg
Michael@FtPope.jpg.559f950413d10ab8fa6e7e030dbf4b87.jpg

You can see in your sons eyes he is proud to be your son.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

He got the SAW too I see.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 hours ago, ole gray said:

My son at Ft Benning during graduation and now at Ft Pope during field maneuvers.  Yea I'm a proud Dad !  🇺🇸 

MichaelatGraduation.jpg

Michael@FtPope.jpg

That's awesome Bill...truly an honor and something both you and your son will never forget.  Congratulations.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

13 hours ago, ole gray said:

There was a special ceremony called "Legacy" where fathers who were veterans were called up to pin the blue cord (Infantry) on their sons.  It was quite an honor for myself and my son was happy too.   Yea it was something I will never forget.

He's training for now and they are out in the field quite a bit.  He said he was enjoying it except for the cold and rainy weather. lol

legacyceremony.jpg

A little misty over here...Good stuff OG!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

5 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

That's awesome Bill...truly an honor and something both you and your son will never forget.  Congratulations.

Thanks buddy!   I could feel my heart swelling up inside from the pride for my son. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

2 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

A little misty over here...Good stuff OG!

Thanks buddy and congrats on the Ping 410 testing gig!!!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

20 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Thanks buddy and congrats on the Ping 410 testing gig!!!

Thank-you and I'm happy to see you on here again! All my best to you and your family and tell the boy that I am so very proud of him and to keep his butt down and stay vigilant of his six!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

My son at Ft Benning during graduation and now at Ft Pope during field maneuvers.  Yea I'm a proud Dad !   

MichaelatGraduation.jpg.196ac1ee2166c6b1a7a0c25c97821d4b.jpg
Michael@FtPope.jpg.559f950413d10ab8fa6e7e030dbf4b87.jpg

Congrats to both Dad and son! The pride both of you must feel is something you'll never forget.

Oh and we've missed your frequent contributions include pics that your wife takes and Roxie updates!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel