Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Agree.Sadly these youth are in an endless cycle that will keep repeating.They will be the ones yelling in the stands when they are adults.Their families are breeding them into this toxic lifestyles.
My club opened the door up to them many a time.We had an excellent summer youth golf program that was basically free and included the clubs.We reached out to these areas in the communities offering them a chance to learn a game that teaches so many great life morals.Year after year the attendance was nil - none.So we decided ending it with the lack of participation.

I’m gonna say my peace on this then let it die.
If I have taken your replies out of context I apologize but until I read otherwise this is how I read them.

I do not know you personally nor was I at the ball game of which you spoke of but this reply coupled with the first one scream “elitist” to me.

Just as the people or “Rift Raft” as you call them are leading their children down the same path, you may also lead your grandson down ur path. Saying that your club opened up the doors to them and offered to teach them this game isn’t the greatest choice of words. Kinda sounds like “Hey come to my club and we will class you up a bit.” Makes you come off as a snotty to use your word.

Again if I misinterpreted what you meant I apologize and await clarification. Otherwise I will bow out now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

3 hours ago, Twofer said:

Agree.Sadly these youth are in an endless cycle that will keep repeating.They will be the ones yelling in the stands when they are adults.Their families are breeding them into this toxic lifestyles.

My club opened the door up to them many a time.We had an excellent summer youth golf program that was basically free and included the clubs.We reached out to these areas in the communities offering them a chance to learn a game that teaches so many great life morals.Year after year the attendance was nil - none.So we decided ending it with the lack of participation.

When I was growing up it was a great honor being on the baseball field. My folks were very animate on the sidelines. And put tons of effort into my game and seeing this as a chance leading into a possible scholarship one day. For many, baseball is a way out of a ‘ rift raft ‘ life as you call it. So as you see as being loud and obnoxious. I see it as parents pushing their sons or daughters into being successful. You also learn team work , honesty and pride in what your doing as a player. Valuable qualities needed leading into adulthood 

I also took advantage of the golf clinic at the local country club for kids who live on the other side of the tracks. Being in early high school, I observed what a country club atmosphere really is . Don’t get me wrong, I learned a new sport and it’s rules. But behind the smoke and mirrors I saw the members living it up. And saw the average joes doing the greenskeeping or waiting tables or washing clubs. It just didn’t seem right with me that a select few could live that life style while the others were slaving it at the club. I’m sure we were just a tax right off for the club. And a token showing that they are trying too care about the other kids who never could experience golf. Remember telling my father one night what I experienced at the club. And he told me “ son , this is how the world is unfortunately” . A world of haves vs have nots. 

Keep it in the short stuff

Does anyone know anything about cellos?

No....
Is it a vegetable

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Trying to enjoy a few beers on my deck and enjoy the fire pit I built today. Unfortunately my smart @ss son wants to grill me on Presidential history. He tells me I have a degree in history and I should know this sh!t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

What happened to my swing speed???  

As a quick update - been sick for two weeks. I could some kind of summer crud that resembled a head cold - got better but then my wife got sick (her's turned into brochitis)  and then mine just lingered on. So long story short I'm finally feeling good enough to go to the range but then also play 18 after. Using my Sc200, it was pretty evident how much this crud affected me. My SS was off by about 8 mph. Not sure if that's because I'm still a bit weak or I lost some muscle tone. Either way it'll be back to working out tomorrow. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

I’m buying a cello.

I don't think it'll fit in your golf bag 😁

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

What happened to my swing speed???  
As a quick update - been sick for two weeks. I could some kind of summer crud that resembled a head cold - got better but then my wife got sick (her's turned into brochitis)  and then mine just lingered on. So long story short I'm finally feeling good enough to go to the range but then also play 18 after. Using my Sc200, it was pretty evident how much this crud affected me. My SS was off by about 8 mph. Not sure if that's because I'm still a bit weak or I lost some muscle tone. Either way it'll be back to working out tomorrow. 

When you find it let me know, I thinks it’s hiding in the same place as mine.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On ‎06‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, downlowkey said:

My lost clubs showed up on the front porch a little while ago - all accounted for. I’m sooo relieved.

Just getting caught up with this one...WHEW! Sorry for the troubles there but so glad it worked out!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

War Department was in Phoenix last week on business and wound up going out with the fellas of her group to Top Golf of all things. I was a bit miffed, but she brought me back this;

IMG_20190622_084028008.thumb.jpg.6328dc3a8d9f7688f457dd907c0fb100.jpg

My new favorite hat!  Thanks Hon!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Have a 7:30 appointment tomorrow at the cart garage. Looks like I’ve destroyed another clutch, last clutch replaced Last month. I think Yamaha is having clutch problems on the 2017’s.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just watched my 13yo end his range session before his PGA Jr match with 2 perfect push draw drivers crushed 175. I’m in awe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Have a 7:30 appointment tomorrow at the cart garage. Looks like I’ve destroyed another clutch, last clutch replaced Last month. I think Yamaha is having clutch problems on the 2017’s.

Dropped off the cart this am for clutch. Asked one of the attendants if the Yamaha clutch has been a problem and she didn’t hesitate, yup big problem. 2017-2018 years have a flaw and Yamaha is trying to resolve it. With the amount of carts they push just thru our area they don’t need the negative press.
I’ll have my ride back later this afternoon. The cart service folks here are pretty good.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Dropped off the cart this am for clutch. Asked one of the attendants if the Yamaha clutch has been a problem and she didn’t hesitate, yup big problem. 2017-2018 years have a flaw and Yamaha is trying to resolve it. With the amount of carts they push just thru our area they don’t need the negative press.
I’ll have my ride back later this afternoon. The cart service folks here are pretty good.

Yup, secondary clutch shot and needed replacement. Dropped it off @ 7:30 got the call @ 9:45. With the use of a 2018 loaner it’s an easy situation.

Rick

Left Hand, 

img]Something just odd about this ad. Nohttps://forum.mygolfspy.com/uploads/monthly_2019_06/55F5B01A-43AE-43C1-8FD9-D59AA8116CE2.thumb.png.f70b54aa8249a1726f2ae69189548544.png' alt='55F5B01A-43AE-43C1-8FD9-D59AA8116CE2.thumb.png.f70b54aa8249a1726f2ae69189548544.png'>
364FD3B5-02F1-4066-A5A0-65993F201105.thumb.png.a979eb9a44ec0cd94041e435fb6a0a9d.png

Is this one of those subscription boxes?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Yup, secondary clutch shot and needed replacement. Dropped it off @ 7:30 got the call @ 9:45. With the use of a 2018 loaner it’s an easy situation.

Rick do you have an electric or gas cart? Either way good to know about Yamaha carts. I've got an EZGO RXV so far has been ok after ten years but I know I'll have to put in a new set of batteries this fall ($900.). Regardless it's been a good cart for us.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Rick do you have an electric or gas cart? Either way good to know about Yamaha carts. I've got an EZGO RXV so far has been ok after ten years but I know I'll have to put in a new set of batteries this fall ($900.). Regardless it's been a good cart for us.

Yamaha 2017 gas. The Villages is tough on electric carts due to its size. Gas can go anywhere but some electric can’t get round trip to some golf courses. I’ve had to push an electric twice (relatively new cart) because battery couldn’t take it.
The good part of Yamaha is the 5 year warranty. Also the service is great and loaners are always available and they are 2018’s.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 6/22/2019 at 2:24 PM, Twofer said:

Most of this behavior of the parents comes from the belief that their child is the next super star player going to the major level of the sport, and how dare a ref, ump, official make that call against my child.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

3 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Most of this behavior of the parents comes from the belief that their child is the next super star player going to the major level of the sport, and how dare a ref, ump, official make that call against my child.

Yep!  I was a ref for H.S. girls and college women's volleyball.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

After almost 3 years I'm going in for my first fitting tomorrow morning. A little excited, a little nervous, and just plain ready to start swinging clubs!

It's OK... it really is.  Doesn't hurt a bit!!   lol

Go in with an open mind; don't pre-select clubs.  Let them do their job.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

After almost 3 years I'm going in for my first fitting tomorrow morning. A little excited, a little nervous, and just plain ready to start swinging clubs!

Good luck, have fun!

Rick

Left Hand, 

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

It's OK... it really is.  Doesn't hurt a bit!!   lol

Go in with an open mind; don't pre-select clubs.  Let them do their job.

16 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Good luck, have fun!

Thanks guys!  @Kenny B, it’s for the D7 iron test, so the clubs are already decided, which makes my job much easier. Just getting shafts, lie, and length dialed in. But it’s here!  Time to start swinging!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yamaha 2017 gas. The Villages is tough on electric carts due to its size. Gas can go anywhere but some electric can’t get round trip to some golf courses. I’ve had to push an electric twice (relatively new cart) because battery couldn’t take it.
The good part of Yamaha is the 5 year warranty. Also the service is great and loaners are always available and they are 2018’s.

Good points. Just curious - my experience with gas carts on other course has been that they're a bit "jerky' on start-up is that the same with your Yamaha? (disclaimer - these were older carts on those courses and not sure of the brand)  

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart