TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

Thanks guys!  @Kenny B, it’s for the D7 iron test, so the clubs are already decided, which makes my job much easier. Just getting shafts, lie, and length dialed in. But it’s here!  Time to start swinging!

John, my recent fitting recommendation was the D-7's with Recoils, so I'll be interested in your final results. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Good points. Just curious - my experience with gas carts on other course has been that they're a bit "jerky' on start-up is that the same with your Yamaha? (disclaimer - these were older carts on those courses and not sure of the brand)  

No, the new Yamaha gas carts are pretty smooth start-up and quiet. The fuel injection also makes it run a little cleaner. The 10” tires also make it ride better. My humble opinion is that the 10” tires are contributing to the clutch issues.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Yep!  I was a ref for H.S. girls and college women's volleyball.  

And as far as kids and baseball, travel ball and playing 7 days a week is destroying it. You rarely see towns with little league anymore, it’s all about traveling and getting the 10 year old in front of the scouts. If you want kids to get out and play, it shouldn’t be 7 days a week. 2-3 days max and you will get kids out there. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

And as far as kids and baseball, travel ball and playing 7 days a week is destroying it. You rarely see towns with little league anymore, it’s all about traveling and getting the 10 year old in front of the scouts. If you want kids to get out and play, it shouldn’t be 7 days a week. 2-3 days max and you will get kids out there. 

I’ve got 4 Gkids and 2 of them have some talent with softball & baseball. The kids are fine some of these parents actually embarrass their kids. Luckily my kids and their husbands realize that the sports are for the Gkids enjoyment not a ticket to riches.

Rick

Left Hand, 

17 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

A good friend of mine, who I play golf with, retired many years ago so he could travel with his GKids to their sports activities.  They are great kids and all very talented.  One boy was a star in baseball and also a very good golfer, but he rarely played.  He traveled to SLC for a baseball tournament.  When he got up to H.S. he completely lost interest and gave up baseball.  I think he got tired of all the traveling, but that's just my opinion.  My friend also took his granddaughter at age 6-7 to a one-day cheer dance competition 150 miles away.  Had to be there at 8am and the dance comp lasted 15 minutes, but they had to wait until 4pm for the trophy presentation then drive home.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

John, my recent fitting recommendation was the D-7's with Recoils, so I'll be interested in your final results. 

Tony, I'll keep you posted how everything goes performance-wise when the D7 review comes up and the clubs get here.  But the fitting was pretty cool.  We had to move quickly so the D7 order could be placed and I ended up going to an independent guy that works with my coach.  Come to find out the fitter didn't have a D7 in stock, so what we ended up doing was shaft fitting with 3 different irons heads---P790, i210, JPX 919 hot metal.  Quick digression--the P790 was awesome, so was the i210.  I didn't like the hot metal...at all.

Now back to the reason I was there, shaft fitting.  Since Wilson's top choices are KBS shafts, I hit a number of them with mixed results. The fitter didn't tell me which shaft was in, so it truly was a blind test to see what would work.  I lost track of how many shafts I hit.  As a rule of thumb,  lighter shafts didn't do much for me, with the exception of the C-taper lite (upcharge, so it wouldn't count).  Regardless, the results weren't quite there.  Much like the D7 demo I attended.  Something about KBS shafts and my swing just don't seem to click.

Another shaft comes and after few swings with it, piping shots down and around center line and it felt like it meshed.  Result:  dynamic gold 105 (currently have DG PRO in my Vapors).  Stuck some steel fibers in the same iron, and ball striking went south.  Back to DG 105 and ball flight cured again.  I would like to hit steel fibers again, but for times sake we had to move on. 

Our choices are for all no upcharge options on the Wilson website, so we didn't even look at Recoils, or a number of other options (Nippon).  Unfortunately Wilson doesn't even offer DG 105, so the fitter recommended the DG AMT R300, saying it would be a close match.  In addition, recommendations were .25" short, and 1* flat.  The fitting was done on Flightscope with range balls on outdoor range.  I took a swing off of a lie board at the end of the fitting.  I know the general consensus on lie boards, so I am really interested to see how the irons perform 1* flat.  My typical miss is generally either a push, fade or a mix of the two.  So time will tell how the fitting, fits.  I hope the right choices have been made.  Proof will be on the golf course in a few short weeks.

**Also, you guys that have been fit, I would love to hear your thoughts and discuss this with you.  I just jumped in this morning without questions.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Tony, I'll keep you posted how everything goes performance-wise when the D7 review comes up and the clubs get here.  But the fitting was pretty cool.  We had to move quickly so the D7 order could be placed and I ended up going to an independent guy that works with my coach.  Come to find out the fitter didn't have a D7 in stock, so what we ended up doing was shaft fitting with 3 different irons heads---P790, i210, JPX 919 hot metal.  Quick digression--the P790 was awesome, so was the i210.  I didn't like the hot metal...at all.
Now back to the reason I was there, shaft fitting.  Since Wilson's top choices are KBS shafts, I hit a number of them with mixed results. The fitter didn't tell me which shaft was in, so it truly was a blind test to see what would work.  I lost track of how many shafts I hit.  As a rule of thumb,  lighter shafts didn't do much for me, with the exception of the C-taper lite (upcharge, so it wouldn't count).  Regardless, the results weren't quite there.  Much like the D7 demo I attended.  Something about KBS shafts and my swing just don't seem to click.
Another shaft comes and after few swings with it, piping shots down and around center line and it felt like it meshed.  Result:  dynamic gold 105 (currently have DG PRO in my Vapors).  Stuck some steel fibers in the same iron, and ball striking went south.  Back to DG 105 and ball flight cured again.  I would like to hit steel fibers again, but for times sake we had to move on. 
Our choices are for all no upcharge options on the Wilson website, so we didn't even look at Recoils, or a number of other options (Nippon).  Unfortunately Wilson doesn't even offer DG 105, so the fitter recommended the DG AMT R300, saying it would be a close match.  In addition, recommendations were .25" short, and 1* flat.  The fitting was done on Flightscope with range balls on outdoor range.  I took a swing off of a lie board at the end of the fitting.  I know the general consensus on lie boards, so I am really interested to see how the irons perform 1* flat.  My typical miss is generally either a push, fade or a mix of the two.  So time will tell how the fitting, fits.  I hope the right choices have been made.  Proof will be on the golf course in a few short weeks.

**Also, you guys that have been fit, I would love to hear your thoughts and discuss this with you.  I just jumped in this morning without questions.

Great write-up. Now the waiting game begins , hope they get to you soon.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Just now, tony@CIC said:

Great write-up. Now the waiting game begins emoji4.png, hope they get to you soon.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

You and me both!  I think it takes at least a week so a little preparation time is in order. After the MGS results today, I am intrigued as to whether or not the DGs combined with the D7 club head will produce enough spin to stop the ball on the green. 

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

57 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Going to take a bit to get used to 8:30 sunsets in summer. Darn near the same sunrise time as the Yoop, but a hour less at night.

That’s a whole hour less of golfing!!

Think how much you will get back this winter!!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 6/24/2019 at 9:36 PM, JohnSmalls said:

After almost 3 years I'm going in for my first fitting tomorrow morning. A little excited, a little nervous, and just plain ready to start swinging clubs!

So, how did the fitting go?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

31 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

So, how did the fitting go?

MDGolfHacker

I enjoyed it, but it was certainly different than expected. And I was a little surprised by the outcome. I wrote a little more of a detailed recap and linked it above. 

Gameday

Classic Bag

It's great that my 13yo can cut the lawn now on the riding mower. I usually hang out on the deck and keep an eye on him to play it safe.

It's not so great when my wife lets him cut the grass while I'm at work and he gets WAY too close to a tree, slamming the exposed roots with the mower. Now I have two bent blades to remove and replace. 

And a giant gouge in the tree roots. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

48 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Not sure right thread but here goes.
A great friend passed away this weekend at only 74 years old after a 1.5 years of absolute torture where death was a relief for him.
Bad golfer but fantastic human being. Golf was a social event to spend time with the guys and his wife who he was dedicated to.
Now this guy was humble, respectful and honestly liked by everyone. First guy in my life where no one had a negative word for him.
He was born in Virginia did his military stint in Nam earning the Bronze Star with Valor. Obviously I don’t need to go into his heroics. Joined the DEA and was part the South Miami shootouts, helped bring down the Noriega drug cartel. The list of accomplishment & accommodations are numerous. It was supposed to be a small gathering but police and special agents came from Texas, Miami & NY. Including a retired Admiral from Coast Guard who worked with this man.
We lost a friend but the Country lost a great American.
K, said my piece.

Sorry for your loss Rick. Sounds like a great guy.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Perks of having a child choose a university in one of dads favorite places to visit. She will be 30 minutes away from HHI. I think dad will need to plan extra visits. 
241E05A6-0E8A-43B3-91D5-8D6E3A393885.thumb.jpeg.510b1baa52ab67e2d67bbdbbdc5ffc81.jpeg
2B1DE245-BBE7-4013-92E9-3BE92219321C.thumb.jpeg.0e81284d34408eb37fc517123024d0fa.jpeg
6958BCA8-6094-4702-9535-430CF27E9B3B.thumb.jpeg.6a17abe2734c93616e36aa73bf76346b.jpeg
4760C8F4-41A4-4D03-B03B-E77E60E929F2.thumb.jpeg.0aa2fd492c0806413b1df979f9839a8d.jpeg

Played there once years ago, love the area and some great restaurants!
Enjoy!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sorry for your loss Rick. Sounds like a great guy.

Thanks, there wasn’t a dry eye...

Rick

Left Hand, 

A great friend passed away this weekend at only 74 years old after a 1.5 years of absolute torture where death was a relief for him.
Bad golfer but fantastic human being. Golf was a social event to spend time with the guys and his wife who he was dedicated to.
Now this guy was humble, respectful and honestly liked by everyone. First guy in my life where no one had a negative word for him.
He was born in Virginia did his military stint in Nam earning the Bronze Star with Valor. Obviously I don’t need to go into his heroics. Joined the DEA and was part the South Miami shootouts, helped bring down the Noriega drug cartel. The list of accomplishment & accommodations are numerous. It was supposed to be a small gathering but police and special agents came from Texas, Miami & NY. Including a retired Admiral from Coast Guard who worked with this man.
K, said my piece.

Sounds like a man who blessed many lives. Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Didn’t place well on my test even with a good score. Not a problem, don’t have to worry about moving next year.

Not a problem, you’ll be fine. Things like this happen for a reason.

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

K, said my piece.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a good friend. My condolences.

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

K, said my piece.

I'm so sorry to read this Rick. He sounds like a wonderful person and a great friend. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Guessing the USGA found a new way to protect par.

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond