Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Ask every single question you can think of. I almost had two home inspections done because I didn’t like the first guy. He couldn’t answer a lot of my questions.

Then say to the inspector "what questions should I be asking that I'm not".

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Where ever that comment is I made about Bermuda “not being so bad...”

I was wrong. Very very wrong. What is that stuff? Even on a clean pick I still get grass between the club and ball.

Now you understand Grasshopper . Bermuda grass is evil.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Where ever that comment is I made about Bermuda “not being so bad...”

I was wrong. Very very wrong. What is that stuff? Even on a clean pick I still get grass between the club and ball.

We have something like Bermuda here, but I call it crabgrass.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We have something like Bermuda here, but I call it crabgrass.

Aren’t they the same

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 hours ago, russtopherb said:

So this happened today... emoji1787.png

IMG_3004.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he get free samples? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Did he get free samples? 

Yep. My wife took him on the tour, they each were given a ProV1 with the Team Titleist logo, along with some stickers. My wife ended up buying him a nice t-shirt as well. They both really enjoyed the tour, my wife more from the educational side of things as a technology teacher who's always looking for new examples to tell her students about how tech is changing the way things are made and designed. My son loved it because he loves golf, even though when it comes to balls he's a "Callaway guy" as he says. What can I say, the kids love those Truvis balls!! 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Oh man.... I like to gamble, but this, THIS IS GAMBLING!

Poker superstar Daniel Negreanu joined the No Laying Up podcast and shared a few ridiculous stories about golf wagers he’s made over the years, and his on-course battles with fellow poker legend Phil Ivey.

Negreanu said he picked up golf in his early thirties, and eventually began gambling on the course for very high stakes. One of Negreanu’s bets required him to play 12 hours of golf a day just for a chance at a major payout. Negreanu said he bet $550,000 that he could shoot a score of 80 from the back tees at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas, a PGA Tour-level course that hosts the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. Negreanu only had one year to transform his game, and he won the bet with just a few days to spare.

Via the No Laying Up podcast:

“My golf game was not very good. The back tees at TPC Summerlin is about 7,000 yards. I can’t hit a driver more than 230, so I don’t hit any of the greens from back there. I bet them that if they gave me a year, I could shoot 80 from the back tees there.

So I’m drunk and we’re all drinking and I bet 550 thousand dollars on this. But I get as many rounds as I need.

So with about a month to spare, I go out there and [score] 110… 108… 106. OK, that’s my first three rounds, and I have a month. So we woke up at 7 a.m. every day, we practiced for an hour, played 18, practiced for another hour, played 18, played 9 more and then practiced again. So I would go from 7 a.m. to about 8 p.m. every day.

Within about a week, I was shooting low 90s. Maybe a week later, mid to high 80s. And with about a week and a half to spare, actually, I was 2-under after nine. So then all the carts started coming out, because they were like ‘oh boy, here he comes.’ There was probably 60 golf carts on the last three holes, sweating me. And so, in the last three holes, I needed to go bogey-bogey-bogey to win the bet. They were the three toughest holes, also. The first one is the easiest of the three, so I of course double-bogey that.

Now I need to par one of the last two, and I make par on [17]. And then I have a six-footer for all of the money to win. I’m actually a good putter, but this putt – I hit the putt, and as I hit the putt, my knees sort of fell to the ground, in a way, but somehow the ball went in and I made it.”

Negreanu said he used to play against Phil Ivey frequently, and once lost a total of $1.2 million to Ivey in a single day on the course.

“We used to golf a lot back in those days, and I remember one time at Shadow Creek, I guess my grip was a mess. And I didn’t have anyone who was there to help me at the time, and he did and everyone else did. I just didn’t have a chance. Like, I couldn’t get the ball in the air. I lost like $1.2 million to him in one round.”

Negreanu said he eventually lost around $3 million total in bets on the golf course, but made all the money back after getting help from a caddie and coach, Christian Sanchez.

You can listen to the entire podcast here.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

45 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Oh man.... I like to gamble, but this, THIS IS GAMBLING!

Poker superstar Daniel Negreanu joined the No Laying Up podcast and shared a few ridiculous stories about golf wagers he’s made over the years, and his on-course battles with fellow poker legend Phil Ivey.

Negreanu said he picked up golf in his early thirties, and eventually began gambling on the course for very high stakes. One of Negreanu’s bets required him to play 12 hours of golf a day just for a chance at a major payout. Negreanu said he bet $550,000 that he could shoot a score of 80 from the back tees at TPC Summerlin in Las Vegas, a PGA Tour-level course that hosts the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open. Negreanu only had one year to transform his game, and he won the bet with just a few days to spare.

Via the No Laying Up podcast:

“My golf game was not very good. The back tees at TPC Summerlin is about 7,000 yards. I can’t hit a driver more than 230, so I don’t hit any of the greens from back there. I bet them that if they gave me a year, I could shoot 80 from the back tees there.

So I’m drunk and we’re all drinking and I bet 550 thousand dollars on this. But I get as many rounds as I need.

So with about a month to spare, I go out there and [score] 110… 108… 106. OK, that’s my first three rounds, and I have a month. So we woke up at 7 a.m. every day, we practiced for an hour, played 18, practiced for another hour, played 18, played 9 more and then practiced again. So I would go from 7 a.m. to about 8 p.m. every day.

Within about a week, I was shooting low 90s. Maybe a week later, mid to high 80s. And with about a week and a half to spare, actually, I was 2-under after nine. So then all the carts started coming out, because they were like ‘oh boy, here he comes.’ There was probably 60 golf carts on the last three holes, sweating me. And so, in the last three holes, I needed to go bogey-bogey-bogey to win the bet. They were the three toughest holes, also. The first one is the easiest of the three, so I of course double-bogey that.

Now I need to par one of the last two, and I make par on [17]. And then I have a six-footer for all of the money to win. I’m actually a good putter, but this putt – I hit the putt, and as I hit the putt, my knees sort of fell to the ground, in a way, but somehow the ball went in and I made it.”

Negreanu said he used to play against Phil Ivey frequently, and once lost a total of $1.2 million to Ivey in a single day on the course.

“We used to golf a lot back in those days, and I remember one time at Shadow Creek, I guess my grip was a mess. And I didn’t have anyone who was there to help me at the time, and he did and everyone else did. I just didn’t have a chance. Like, I couldn’t get the ball in the air. I lost like $1.2 million to him in one round.”

Negreanu said he eventually lost around $3 million total in bets on the golf course, but made all the money back after getting help from a caddie and coach, Christian Sanchez.

You can listen to the entire podcast here.

Just turned it on now lol. So excited I love him.

WITB 2019

Driver: :taylormade-small:Taylormade M2 8.5 w/ Xstiff Aldila RIP Beta shaft

2 Iron: :taylormade-small:Talormade P790 UDI 17 degree w/ Hazardus Xstiff driver shaft

4-PW: :taylormade-small:Taylormade PSI iron w/ KBS C-taper stiff iron shafts

52 degree: :cleveland-small:Cleveland RTX 3

56 degree: :callaway-small:Callaway Mac Daddy 4

60 degree-::taylormade-small:Taylormade milled grind

Putter: :cameron-small:Scotty Cameron Dual Balance X5

Ball::titelist-small:ProV1x

2 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Does have signs but it's at the end of the life some were cupping that were shown to me in pictures. It doesn't have a lot of time left.

You can always negotiate to get the seller to replace, reduce price, or split costs.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

You can always negotiate to get the seller to replace, reduce price, or split costs.  

I'm debating what to do, I'd prefer to not have any costs for it out of my pocket especially since he noticed the furnace, which works, is 24 years old. Last thing I want is to have to split the costs of the roof then randomly have the furnace go down on me.

I'm debating what to do, I'd prefer to not have any costs for it out of my pocket especially since he noticed the furnace, which works, is 24 years old. Last thing I want is to have to split the costs of the roof then randomly have the furnace go down on me.

You could work in a home warranty for the furnace. I did, it’s $500ish and covers major appliances and the sellers paid for it. Or you could do it.

$99 deductible no matter the cost.

Then have the roof negotiated in separately.

That way you are covered for the furnace, and get a new roof.

The warranty is renewable after the first year too.

Neogotiate my friend. Roof & furnace expensive replacements.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I quit my second job at Lowe's last night. With the changes that are happening, the truck unloading will be moving to overnights (although we were told, because they don't want to lose anyone before they've hired replacements, that they have the date but not the details...BS.), after 4.5 years I hurt, a lot. So when we were having the meeting with the store manager, I tendered my resignation effective immediately. (My guys were aware of what I was doing beforehand because I didn't want to surprise them)

I've already got another part time job lined up working for an attorney that is a friend of my wife Chanin. He just bought a bar with an attached drive thru, so I'll start in the drive thru at the beginning of next month (no weekends, unlike Lowe's) and when the bar opens in December, I'll transition over to there, being the only male behind the bar. 

I'm excited about the change and I'm sure my back and hips are going to love me.
Congrats on the change. I worked in Sears hardware before they started closing them a few years back. Home improvement isn't very nice to the body.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

14 hours ago, Shankster said:

I love my job.....

That is all.

emoji52.png

That always makes life easier!

BTW I noticed that you're over 11,000 posts  but your tag only shows 10,000. Come on Mod's you've got to keep up with this guy! 😂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

If you're ever in or around Yorktown VA....stop in and check out the awesome facility.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

If you're ever in or around Yorktown VA....stop in and check out the awesome facility.

A bunch of great guys to chat with about golf and testing. Happened to be there last night

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

A bunch of great guys to chat with about golf and testing. Happened to be there last night

good dancers too!

View this post on Instagram

What do you call this dance?!?! @oldenglish_gspy

A post shared by MyGolfSpy (@mygolfspy) on

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Today's rant... confusing grocery store rebates.  So today I dropped by Safeway after a round of golf to pick up a few things - including beer.  My wife had given me my shopping list and the stores weekly ad.  I grab the case of beer and notice small print saying "via PayPal".... WHAAAT?  At checkout I tell the clerk I have my Safeway card but have no idea how this rebate works - she responds "neither do I".  Great 🙄.  We went on to discuss just how nutty all these various rebates have become.  She said she really feels sorry for the older customers who don't even know what a smartphone is let alone an app.  Am I the only one who finds all this "data gathering/mining" (that's what it is) a RPITA? 🤬  The upside is that I am not completely out of beer... and I shot a 44/38 👍.

Rant over, thanks for reading!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Not sure when we’ll be playing in this part Central Florida. We’ve gotten rain every day, yesterday 2.2”. Out of 12 golf courses 6 are flooded and unplayable, the remainder are sloppy and standing water everywhere. Rain expected next 3 days. If we get a Tropical Storm we are in deep trouble.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Sometimes it's a legit PITA to sell golf stuff. Always funny when you post stuff like 'I'm not willing to break up the shafts' (three wedge shafts in this case) and then you receive multiple PMs asking 'will you sell 2 of them?' Reading comprehension y'all!!!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X