TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

The GM at my home club coaches the high school and middle school golf teams.  My daughter decided to skip the middle school golf team for a spot in an after-school theater production.  I was sad she decided not to play golf but it's her choice and she loves theater.  I decided to go to the high school/middle school tournament last Thursday anyway.  I know an awful lot of those kids and am good friends with the coach.

This was the top 7..........

Channing Blevins - 61
Garnet Manley III - 63
Jack Tickle - 65
Grace Addison - 68
Payton Coe - 69
Daniel Goode - 70
Will Watson - 70

I assure you, those are 18-hole scores!  Three of those players are on the same high school team.  Their team score was a ridiculous 2-under par 278.  High school golf sure has changed since I was in high school!

Candy Bars

Kit Kat

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve thought about not posting this, but I’m pretty proud of it, so here we go.
Several years ago my home course was county ran, it was in bad financial shape, and getting ready to close for good. Several members, businessmen, and investors bought it. They divided out 100 shares for people to buy. At the time I wasn’t interested in buying one, wasn’t that interested in golf in general. They have 7 board of directors and 5 on the oversight committee. Recently I was asked if I would be interested in buying a share, I was, so I did. The next month one of the board members resigned, guess who was asked to join the board! So now not only do I own 1/100 of my course, I get to vote on everything. My actual title is “Clubhouse Director” so anything that needs to be done, or happens at the clubhouse, goes through me. Sorry if it sounds like I’m bragging, I kinda am, I’m just so excited.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That’s awesome.

First order of business...(if I were on the board)

Let’s get the Carl Spackler framed art going.

Second.

Rename it Bushwood CC.

Very cool. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Several years ago my home course was county ran, it was in bad financial shape, and getting ready to close for good. Several members, businessmen, and investors bought it. They divided out 100 shares for people to buy. At the time I wasn’t interested in buying one, wasn’t that interested in golf in general. They have 7 board of directors and 5 on the oversight committee. Recently I was asked if I would be interested in buying a share, I was, so I did. The next month one of the board members resigned, guess who was asked to join the board! So now not only do I own 1/100 of my course, I get to vote on everything. My actual title is “Clubhouse Director” so anything that needs to be done, or happens at the clubhouse, goes through me. Sorry if it sounds like I’m bragging, I kinda am, I’m just so excited.

Thanks for putting it out there. Good luck and have fun with it. Please keep us in the loop.
I kinda like Shankster ideas

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Awesome! Congrats!  
Shankster’s ideas are good but I would hire club pro guy’s Marshall away from him. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

13 hours ago, robertson153 said:

Congratulations!

As for my random thing, with the handicap revision out yesterday, mine dropped from 16.2 to 15.7.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 8/2/2019 at 8:09 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Today's rant... confusing grocery store rebates.  So today I dropped by Safeway after a round of golf to pick up a few things - including beer.  My wife had given me my shopping list and the stores weekly ad.  I grab the case of beer and notice small print saying "via PayPal".... WHAAAT?  At checkout I tell the clerk I have my Safeway card but have no idea how this rebate works - she responds "neither do I".  Great 🙄.  We went on to discuss just how nutty all these various rebates have become.  She said she really feels sorry for the older customers who don't even know what a smartphone is let alone an app.  Am I the only one who finds all this "data gathering/mining" (that's what it is) a RPITA? 🤬  The upside is that I am not completely out of beer... and I shot a 44/38 👍.

Rant over, thanks for reading!

And for those of us (many decades ago) who had to read George Orwell's book 1984 .....we thought the things in the book were outrageous.  They're pretty sublime compared to what goes on today. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 8/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, tommc23 said:

Made food for half my platoon tonight. One eggplant parm and one lasagna. Made the noodles and sauce from scratch and some eggplant was from my garden.

20190814_162317.jpg

We humbly request free samples 😁

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

It was demolished by 14 firefighters good luck with left overs

I love it when we bring the “left over” pizzas, buffet stuff etc from the parties, Rec Centers to the Firehouse, those kids tear right thru it. They sure love us Seniors

Rick

Left Hand, 

I love it when we bring the “left over” pizzas, buffet stuff etc from the parties, Rec Centers to the Firehouse, those kids tear right thru it. They sure love us Seniors

Oh, forgot about left over Jersey Mike’s and Subways Firehouse Favs!

Rick

Left Hand, 

A shot looking from the clubhouse to 9 green. It’s a 190-200 yard par 3. OB right, OB left, and OB long. Most people hit short and try to get up and down. IMG_0719.JPG

CobraConnectChallenge3

I recently bought some protein from Tiger Fitness, and didn't care for one of the flavors so thanks to their easy return policy I got a return authorization and got the jug ready to ship. The only problem? It's a 5 lb jug, which means USPS is going to try and gouge me. Sure enough, it cost me $31 to return and my store credit will be around $50ish. 6 years total in Hawaii out of a 19 years and counting career has been nice, but I'm ready to be back on the mainland!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Today has been a trying day.

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car...

Then 5 seconds after I asked my boys to stop rough housing they shattered a big slider window, and one of my sons is in the ER right now getting stitches on his hip/butt... thankfully it wasn’t his face or a major artery/vein.

Definitely will be going inside at any signs of a thunderstorm from now on.

Tell your kids you love them people! A reminder today for me that although his pain caused me pain, it could have been extremely worse.

Wow! Definitely a challenging day. Happy to hear your boy is OK.

Rick

Left Hand, 

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car...

Then 5 seconds after I asked my boys to stop rough housing they shattered a big slider window, and one of my sons is in the ER right now getting stitches on his hip/butt... thankfully it wasn’t his face or a major artery/vein.

Tell your kids you love them people! A reminder today for me that although his pain caused me pain, it could have been extremely worse.
I'm glad to hear your boy is ok. That's a scary situation and I'm glad it's not any worse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ouch that's a tough day. Glad your son is ok.
Looks like a new slider in your future?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Ouch that's a tough day. Glad your son is ok.
Looks like a new slider in your future?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Heck no. It’s an interior one that goes from our dining room to the living room/sunroom.

I was going to take it out eventually, and put a set of French doors in...

Think I like the “flowing” look better.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car... emoji15.png

Sorry to hear about your accident.  _hit happens.  It seems that those accidents happen when you lose focus.

Your boys were really lucky.  Glad they were OK... well except for the stitches.

My wife told me about her brother back in the early 1960's.  His vision was not that great and had to wear glasses, but didn't have them on.  They had a pool in the back yard, and one of his brothers yelled "last one in is a rotten egg!"  He ran right through a sliding glass door.  She thinks he still holds the record at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane at 3800 stitches.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sorry to hear about your accident.  _hit happens.  It seems that those accidents happen when you lose focus.
Your boys were really lucky.  Glad they were OK... well except for the stitches.
My wife told me about her brother back in the early 1960's.  His vision was not that great and had to wear glasses, but didn't have them on.  They had a pool in the back yard, and one of his brothers yelled "last one in is a rotten egg!"  He ran right through a sliding glass door.  She thinks he still holds the record at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane at 3800 stitches.

Whoa. That must have been excruciating.

You’re right. I left or tried to leave a few minutes early to get home to take the kids to their open house. My car has backup sensors, camera and all. The sensors didn’t go off, and I relied on my old ways and used the mirror. The car was hidden by the DVD player screen and a head rest....

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

First I backed into someone and caused a bunch of damage to my vehicle. I haven’t been in an accident since I started driving. So I was extremely embarrassed and shocked that I could possibly back into a parked car... emoji15.png

Wowser what a day!  Like you said it's a blessing that your son did not get hurt worse.  Prayers with him for a quick recovery. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Thanks Rick. All of my kids were shocked. They didn’t realize how badly they could get hurt from a window.

They know now.

That will settle the boys down for a day or 2 and then it’ll be back to normal. Kids are a blast, been thru my 2 now 4 teenage Gkids in the mix. They are a blast, enjoy them! The stitches will be a story for him to tell for at least 2 months.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That's definitely a trying day. I'm sorry Shankster and I'm glad your little man is going to be ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer