TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Dad says golf is stupid, I can guarantee you I wouldn’t come watch.

Wow.

That's depressing - regardless of the sport why would a parent tell his/her children they won't come to watch.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Band is awesome. I got to go on several trips in HS. Played in one of the best bands in Michigan, Concert and Marching. Was the 5th chair Alto Sax while being the 1st Chair Baritone Sax at the same time (no not playing the instruments at the same time). Stupidly I quit for no reason during my junior year.

Band is awesome. I got to go on several trips in HS. Played in one of the best bands in Michigan, Concert and Marching. Was the 5th chair Alto Sax while being the 1st Chair Baritone Sax at the same time (no not playing the instruments at the same time). Stupidly I quit for no reason during my junior year.

My daughter is currently 2nd chair Alto Sax as a freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My daughter is currently 2nd chair Alto Sax as a freshman.

Nice! That is very impressive! I was high as third chair Alto as a sophomore. But the Baritone Sax was where it was at. We had 12 Alto’s, 8 Tenors and 3 Baritone players at one point. Something about that big beast I enjoyed it, especially for the holiday Jazz band sessions we did.

Got my inspiration from Tower of Power - What is Hip

Can't wait for the "one time at band camp" stories!   😄 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

One of our Granddaughters is in the High School Marching Band and she loves it to death. One of the Band Competitions her high school was in was streamed live last weekend and we enjoyed watching it.
She needed something to do for Fall and that’s her thing. We are going to be be in CT next week and will attend the HS Football game that the Band will perform at 1/2 time.
In Spring she plays Varsity Tennis.

My niece was in marching band (Massillon Tigers)... look them up. She was voted Miss Massillonian, and is now a registered nurse. I'm very proud of her.

Ah marching band! NOW we're talking!! 

My wife and I both marched in high school, and I had an audition with Boston Crusaders. I blew my chance when I picked a fight with a wall... and the wall won.

Now my kids are huge in the marching arts. My daughter is now a freshman in college and marched 5 years on flute/piccolo, including her 8th grade year. The kids are back to back to back US Bands National Champions. She also won silver medal her junior year in WGI's Scholastic World division, she was a dancer for the high school's percussion group throughout high school.

My son's in 8th grade and he is in his second year with the high school, last year he was in the pit and this year he's marching toms. He's being taught by people who have marched with and/or written for groups like the Cadets, Carolina Crown, Boston Crusaders, Blue Knights and more. It's just an amazing, amazing program. I gladly give up my weekends this time of year to chaperone the kids to competitions all over New England, push props, help out, you name it. The growth these kids have in marching arts programs is astounding, and the skills they learn are easily transferred to just about every facet of life.

Oh and forgot: 3 of the kids in band with my son now are DCI Open Class World Champions after winning this last summer with Spartans DBC. So proud of them!!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My wife and I both marched in high school, and I had an audition with Boston Crusaders. I blew my chance when I picked a fight with a wall... and the wall won.
Now my kids are huge in the marching arts. My daughter is now a freshman in college and marched 5 years on flute/piccolo, including her 8th grade year. The kids are back to back to back US Bands National Champions. She also won silver medal her junior year in WGI's Scholastic World division, she was a dancer for the high school's percussion group throughout high school.
My son's in 8th grade and he is in his second year with the high school, last year he was in the pit and this year he's marching toms. He's being taught by people who have marched with and/or written for groups like the Cadets, Carolina Crown, Boston Crusaders, Blue Knights and more. It's just an amazing, amazing program. I gladly give up my weekends this time of year to chaperone the kids to competitions all over New England, push props, help out, you name it. The growth these kids have in marching arts programs is astounding, and the skills they learn are easily transferred to just about every facet of life.

New England has a history of good marching bands. Great for kids!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Oh and forgot: 3 of the kids in band with my son now are DCI Open Class World Champions after winning this last summer with Spartans DBC. So proud of them!!

The school system my kids attend sounds similar.  Lots of tradition and accomplishment.  Students may enter "beginning band" in 6th grade but are required to have two years of beginning band before entering symphonic, jazz and marching band.  Most are marching by 8th grade, as was the case with my oldest daughter.  My younger daughter is in her first year of beginning band as a 6th grader so she will be marching by 8th grade as well.

I was never involved with band before meeting my wife.  She was a senior in the marching band at Virginia Tech.  It has been a huge part of her life that continues to this day.  Her best friends today are still the people she was in band with over 20 years ago.  

13 minutes ago, sixcat said:

I was never involved with band before meeting my wife.  She was a senior in the marching band at Virginia Tech.  It has been a huge part of her life that continues to this day.  Her best friends today are still the people she was in band with over 20 years ago.  

Likewise. My best man was someone I met through band. Now, his son is marching with my son. There are 2 other parents who I was in band with who's kids are in the program now, so it's another generation. Same with my wife - 4 of her former band mates all have kids in the program now as well. It's amazing to see them all together. I think in total right now there's 9-10 kids who's parents were in band with my wife or with me in the city next door. I love it. 

After golfing yesterday, walking back to the parking lot, saw a car with personalized plates....

GR8 GOL4

😄

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

9 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

After golfing yesterday, walking back to the parking lot, saw a car with personalized plates....

GR8 GOL4

😄

You got personalized plates, didn't you?!   😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Heading to Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach tomorrow for my 50th high school reunion (Fri and Saturday).  The first night of the reunion will be at the high school homecoming football game and it just happens to coincide with my 68th birthday.  Sadly, I won't be taking my clubs with me this trip.

When I get back at the end of the month, we'll be taking off for 2 weeks in the motorhome to visit Moab and eastern Utah.  I'll take my clubs, but not sure how much golf I'll get in.

Maybe all of my bad habits will disappear while I'm not playing....as if!  🙂

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

Heading to Pensacola/Fort Walton Beach tomorrow for my 50th high school reunion (Fri and Saturday).  The first night of the reunion will be at the high school homecoming football game and it just happens to coincide with my 68th birthday.  Sadly, I won't be taking my clubs with me this trip.

When I get back at the end of the month, we'll be taking off for 2 weeks in the motorhome to visit Moab and eastern Utah.  I'll take my clubs, but not sure how much golf I'll get in.

Have a fun trip, either way! Sometimes it helps to take time off .. let the swing muscles recoup .. and let the positive vibes 😄 start flowing again...

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

You got personalized plates, didn't you?!   😃

Ha ha - my wife says they should say "golf" since that's what I do more of these days, but they .. currently, at least, say "surf" 🤙

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Nothing like a late September cold to knock all of my energy out.

That's the problem when you have kids in school. I hardly ever get a cold now that we're empty nesters. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

31 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha ha - my wife says they should say "golf" since that's what I do more of these days, but they .. currently, at least, say "surf" 🤙

So you're saying your plates read GR* SUR4 🤣

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My daughter will NOT let our grandson play tackle football, no way, no how.
He’s a good baseball player, soccer player and she’s good with that.
She let him play in a “Flag Football” league and he seems content with that. Baseball his 1st love.

My wife was in the same boat and I was indifferent to my son playing. He decided he wanted to play and has been for the last 8 years. Loves golf and football the same but there is something for him about running onto the field and mixing it up that he just loves. I played through college at the Div 1 level and did not even let him know that I played past high school until about a year or so ago. Let the kids do what they enjoy and leave it at that. I get just as much joy out of watching him play football as I do watching my girls dance, play in the band or play soccer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

That's the problem when you have kids in school. I hardly ever get a cold now that we're empty nesters. 

We’re in CT visiting Gkids, we got our Flu shots last week!

Rick

Left Hand, 

11 hours ago, CarlH said:

Traded Prosser, WA for Moab, UT, eh?  Smart move!!  Sorry we didn't get to hook up though!!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Traded Prosser, WA for Moab, UT, eh?  Smart move!!  Sorry we didn't get to hook up though!!  

The Prosser trip and my reunion were conflicts.  Moab was always planned for after our event in Prosser.  My wife convinced me to do the reunion rather than the rally in Prosser.  It came down to either you or all those aging cheerleaders from high school.....they won out.  🙂

Spent last week in CT visiting our daughters, 4 Gkids and, gotta mention the son-in-laws. Their not that bad, well one of them I like.
Anyway Gkids doing great, busy and doing great. Had a great talk with 13 year old grandson after his soccer game. He said he’s done with soccer, not fun anymore. Next year in HS going to stay with Legion & HS baseball summer & spring and Marching Band and Flag Football and Fall Legion ball in the Fall.
So dropping soccer for Band. He said needs a change and it’s a great HS Band program. His older sister has been in 2 years and he plays trumpet. Big step for him. I think it’s a good move for him.
Oldest granddaughter checking out colleges and med school programs. She’s been offered 2 Free Rides if she plays Softball but the curriculum will not be good for Med School either school. This will be interesting.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, Rickp said:

Spent last week in CT visiting our daughters, 4 Gkids and, gotta mention the son-in-laws. Their not that bad, well one of them I like.
Anyway Gkids doing great, busy and doing great. Had a great talk with 13 year old grandson after his soccer game. He said he’s done with soccer, not fun anymore. Next year in HS going to stay with Legion & HS baseball summer & spring and Marching Band and Flag Football and Fall Legion ball in the Fall.
So dropping soccer for Band. He said needs a change and it’s a great HS Band program. His older sister has been in 2 years and he plays trumpet. Big step for him. I think it’s a good move for him.
Oldest granddaughter checking out colleges and med school programs. She’s been offered 2 Free Rides if she plays Softball but the curriculum will not be good for Med School either school. This will be interesting.

What band is it Rick? I wonder if it's one of the groups we see a lot in competition up here. 

What band is it Rick? I wonder if it's one of the groups we see a lot in competition up here. 

Maloney HS Meriden CT

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Maloney HS Meriden CT

Spartans! My godson just graduated out of that program 2 years ago. He played drums all 4 years he was in the band. 

Spartans! My godson just graduated out of that program 2 years ago. He played drums all 4 years he was in the band. 

Small world. I have one granddaughter in the band and her brother will be in next year. Like I said he’s dropping soccer to join . They are performing at Disney FL in the Spring. They do trips every year. Program has 125+ kids so its popular.

Rick

Left Hand, 

The Country Club was nice however this country boy is flying the coop.  I injured my knee a week ago while walking a round of golf.   Sprained my MCL with tear and that ended my golfing with the high rollers escapade.  I was the only senior walker during the week and while trying to hustle to keep pace with the cart riders,  my left knee paid the price.   If my wheels are going to start breaking down while walking this particular course (which is a tough track to walk) then I'm back to my old stomping grounds. I play three times per week so if I chose to ride at $20 per pop, it would be an extra $60 per week  x 4 or  $240.00  more per month which is not in my budget. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)