TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

The Country Club was nice however this country boy is flying the coop.  I injured my knee a week ago while walking a round of golf.   Sprained my MCL with tear and that ended my golfing with the high rollers escapade.  I was the only senior walker during the week and while trying to hustle to keep pace with the cart riders,  my left knee paid the price.   If my wheels are going to start breaking down while walking this particular course (which is a tough track to walk) then I'm back to my old stomping grounds. I play three times per week so if I chose to ride at $20 per pop, it would be an extra $60 per week  x 4 or  $240.00  more per month which is not in my budget. 

Be careful OG, I was fine until 68-69 years old and everything went downhill starting with the knee.
Just do what you can do, don’t push it youngster

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Be careful OG, I was fine until 68-69 years old and everything went downhill starting with the knee.
Just do what you can do, don’t push it youngster

I’ll be 69 in November and every year henceforth makes me aware I’m no spring chicken. I did do 110 pushups yesterday to bump my gym workout record by 10. I’m holding up better from the waist up as the hips and knees are showing more wear.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I’ll be 69 in November and every year henceforth makes me aware I’m no spring chicken. I did do 110 pushups yesterday to bump my gym workout record by 10. I’m holding up better from the waist up as the hips and knees are showing more wear.

At 69 you're a spring chicken to those of us that have turned the odometer past 70

Congrats on the push up count. As our season winds down my exercise routine ramps up. So I hope I can match your 110 count pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

At 69 you're a spring chicken to those of us that have turned the odometer past 70

Congrats on the push up count. As our season winds down my exercise routine ramps up. So I hope I can match your 110 count pretty quickly.

You can do it! 🏋️♂️

Cleveland

The Country Club was nice however this country boy is flying the coop.  I injured my knee a week ago while walking a round of golf.   Sprained my MCL with tear and that ended my golfing with the high rollers escapade.  I was the only senior walker during the week and while trying to hustle to keep pace with the cart riders,  my left knee paid the price.   If my wheels are going to start breaking down while walking this particular course (which is a tough track to walk) then I'm back to my old stomping grounds. I play three times per week so if I chose to ride at $20 per pop, it would be an extra $60 per week  x 4 or  $240.00  more per month which is not in my budget. 
Hope the knee gets to feeling better OG. On another note, I'm impressed with the 110 pushups. I'm 44 and don't think I could do that many in a month.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I bought my house from my neighbor when my wife and I got married.  It's small, but suits us just fine.  Now with my wife retiring and bringing a lot of "stuff" home, we really could use a bigger place... so we started looking.  Then my neighbor said he wants to buy our house back.  Now we are looking in a little more earnest.  No timetable yet.

A house came on the market a couple of weeks ago that is really out of my price range, but it looked great so we asked our agent if we could look at it.  Bad move.  Dang!!!  Lovely house sitting behind the 12th green of our only private country club in town.  I don't think I could live there looking at a beautiful golf course knowing I can't play it;  I know I can't afford the membership.  Oh well, someone probably blades a wedge over the green every day... maybe that's why the house is on the market.

Still looking!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Hope the knee gets to feeling better OG. On another note, I'm impressed with the 110 pushups. I'm 44 and don't think I could do that many in a month.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks buddy!    I've been working hard on my pushups the last two months along with all the other exercises I have been doing at my gym for years.   I'm in pretty good shape for an ole coot 💪

Cleveland

I bought my house from my neighbor when my wife and I got married.  It's small, but suits us just fine.  Now with my wife retiring and bringing a lot of "stuff" home, we really could use a bigger place... so we started looking.  Then my neighbor said he wants to buy our house back.  Now we are looking in a little more earnest.  No timetable yet.
A house came on the market a couple of weeks ago that is really out of my price range, but it looked great so we asked our agent if we could look at it.  Bad move.  Dang!!!  Lovely house sitting behind the 12th green of our only private country club in town.  I don't think I could live there looking at a beautiful golf course knowing I can't play it;  I know I can't afford the membership.  Oh well, someone probably blades a wedge over the green every day... maybe that's why the house is on the market.
Still looking!

Living next to a GC is overrated. We do and hardly care after 6 months. It’s like always wanting a pool then after installing one hardly gets used.
BTW, golf course maintenance starts at 5:00 ish.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Living next to a GC is overrated. We do and hardly care after 6 months. It’s like always wanting a pool then after installing one hardly gets used.

We almost ended up living on a course but thankfully didn’t. Turns out 6 months after we would have moved there they shut the course down. Not sure they are maintaining it at all. On the flip side since it was closed and would have been tight be hind the house maybe that would have meant free golf, not good but free. 🤔

Driver:    :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5°

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed

Irons:      :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Mill Grind 2 50° - Tour Preferred EF 54° & 60°

Putter:    :taylormade-small: Ghost Tour Black Maranello

Ball :        :titelist-small:  ProV1

3 minutes ago, the_hammer said:

We almost ended up living on a course but thankfully didn’t. Turns out 6 months after we would have moved there they shut the course down. Not sure they are maintaining it at all. On the flip side since it was closed and would have been tight be hind the house maybe that would have meant free golf, not good but free. 🤔

Could have cut your own hole layout lol

Got my Grint handicap revision the other day and it had me at 9.4, I was like WAIT... WHAT?? I had posted 2 100+ scores in a row. Not possible.

Turns out I had ALSO posted a 9 hole score of 38 in the 18 hole section by mistake... whoops!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

Beautiful view.  No neighbors behind, and perfect... I wake up at 5am every day anyway!  But somehow it doesn't feel right living on a private GC, then getting in the car and driving 5 miles to play at a muni.  🙄

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Could have cut your own hole layout lol

My thinking exactly. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small:  M2 9.5°

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: Jetspeed

Irons:      :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Mill Grind 2 50° - Tour Preferred EF 54° & 60°

Putter:    :taylormade-small: Ghost Tour Black Maranello

Ball :        :titelist-small:  ProV1

Beautiful view.  No neighbors behind, and perfect... I wake up at 5am every day anyway!  But somehow it doesn't feel right living on a private GC, then getting in the car and driving 5 miles to play at a muni.  

We have had neighbors move due to cart traffic, swearing/cursing and maintenance issues. I’m not right on it just a little off ($150K difference) and works out good for us.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We have had neighbors move due to cart traffic, swearing/cursing and maintenance issues. I’m not right on it just a little off ($150K difference) and works out good for us.

We lived on a private course years ago. My wife's 2 complaints: grounds crews running mowers at 6:00 am and guys driving their carts into our backyard looking for their golf balls.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

We lived on a private course years ago. My wife's 2 complaints: grounds crews running mowers at 6:00 am and guys driving their carts into our backyard looking for their golf balls.

Forgot about the “errant” shot hitting the houses. I’m far enough off 8th fareway that I’m out of range, but my neighbor isn’t

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I checked the covenants of the neighborhood.  Golfer have a right to come on the property to retrieve balls.  I'm looking elsewhere.

I live on the corner of a busy state road that cuts through my suburban town. Recently, politicians have approached us asking if they can use our lawn to take advantage of our geography for a political lawn sign...sure, why not.

Well, long story short...one sign soon became 5. Someone ambitiously asked if they could put one out for the town election. They interpreted one as one for each candidate for each seat and judgeship.

Yesterday, my yard looked like the darn center field of Yankee Stadium and I decided enough was enough...down they went...

Today while at the firehouse, my camera is tripped and I see the lady who first asked permission, parked in my driveway and taking a sign from her car and putting it back out on the street.

I laughed and said the nerve of her, she is really a piece of work.

We’ve known her a while and while harmless, she is the nosy know-it-all neighbor who remembers every kids dogs best friends name.

So it gets better...tonight she goes online to the neighborhood app we use locally and posts a diatribe about people stealing, legally placed political signs.

It bums me out that she’s probably a wreck over this but I’m over the over-seeding of my yard with these signs. She’ll never relent so well have to see where it goes...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I live on the corner of a busy state road that cuts through my suburban town. Recently, politicians have approached us asking if they can use our lawn to take advantage of our geography for a political lawn sign...sure, why not.

Well, long story short...one sign soon became 5. Someone ambitiously asked if they could put one out for the town election. They interpreted one as one for each candidate for each seat and judgeship.

Yesterday, my yard looked like the darn center field of Yankee Stadium and I decided enough was enough...down they went...

Today while at the firehouse, my camera is tripped and I see the lady who first asked permission, parked in my driveway and taking a sign from her car and putting it back out on the street.

I laughed and said the nerve of her, she is really a piece of work.

We’ve known her a while and while harmless, she is the nosy know-it-all neighbor who remembers every kids dogs best friends name.

So it gets better...tonight she goes online to the neighborhood app we use locally and posts a diatribe about people stealing, legally placed political signs.

It bums me out that she’s probably a wreck over this but I’m over the over-seeding of my yard with these signs. She’ll never relent so well have to see where it goes...

Lesson learned, never trust a politician.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I checked the covenants of the neighborhood.  Golfer have a right to come on the property to retrieve balls.  I'm looking elsewhere.

Opposite here, if you hit a ball on someone’s property no retrieval. Most residents don’t care but a few go ballistic if anyone goes on their property.
Begs the question what did you expect living on the fareway.

Rick

Left Hand, 

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We lived about half way down the fairway and our house was about 100' in from the OB stake. Sometimes they would drive almost up to the house. We lived on that course when our kids were small - they use to love running out and grabbing the balls if they were close to the house before the golfers got there.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Lesson learned, never trust a politician.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait a second...you mean they’re not honest
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Have you heard of any politician named "Honest ____" since Honest Abe?

Honest Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

So I may be the only j@ckass in the world that just said no to “hey want to play Pine Valley on Sunday?” And yes I said no thanks

In fairness to me it is my 18th wedding anniversary that day and we made plans to have an early dinner after the Eagles game.

Also in fairness to my wife she would have let me go play with no issue but not even fair to ask on Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

9 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

So I may be the only j@ckass in the world that just said no to “hey want to play Pine Valley on Sunday?” And yes I said no thanks

In fairness to me it is my 18th wedding anniversary that day and we made plans to have an early dinner after the Eagles game.

Also in fairness to my wife she would have let me go play with no issue but not even fair to ask on Friday night.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how a smart married man thinks.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Happy wife, happy life.

I turned down Winged Foot and Bethpage last summer on a summer weekend...kicked myself but it was the right thing to do. Life goes on.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

I’ve been married 52 years next month and yes you made the right on many levels and have kept peace in the kingdom

Rick

Left Hand, 

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how a smart married man thinks.

And also the reason she doesn’t bat an eye when I buy golf gear.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

And also the reason she doesn’t bat an eye when I buy golf gear.

Exactly

Rick

Left Hand,