Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

I promised myself the next Shank I hit I was done for the year... I hit 7 in a row before I decided to call it quits. Canceling any golf plans for the year. Stage 2 coming up for the Blueprints... but as far as swinging a golf club... it’s time for a break.

Buying a guitar instead of going to get fit for a driver.

I love this game/I hate this game.

21 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I promised myself the next Shank I hit I was done for the year... I hit 7 in a row before I decided to call it quits. Canceling any golf plans for the year. Stage 2 coming up for the Blueprints... but as far as swinging a golf club... it’s time for a break.

You'll be out of your own way in a week and back to striping it. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Guitar......After a few hours of playing “Smoke on the Water” you’ll be out banging balls agan

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Guitar......After a few hours of playing “Smoke on the Water” you’ll be out banging balls agan

Haha. I was an avid player but had too many hobbies. I wasn’t the greatest but I wrote a few instrumentals that I’ve forgotten how to play.

Plus it’s getting cold here... it snowed here a few days ago.

Watching a little bit of the CMA Awards show reminded me of the Bluegrass Performance Band.
Every Wednesday at a Rec Center they have from 1:00-3:00 the Bluegrass PB and it is a blast. Summer it’s OK but winter it’s gets great with some terrific musicians down to get out of the cold.
Some of these people are self taught country folk others have appeared at Grand Ole Opry but ALL are treated as performer equals, it’s a great couple hours.
Me & SWMBO will be there quite a bit.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Didn’t even make it 24hrs. Took a quick video and found that I was taking the club back too inside.

Back to a nice baby draw.

I love this game....

He’s Baacck

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Didn’t even make it 24hrs. Took a quick video and found that I was taking the club back too inside.

I love this game.... emoji854.png

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Golf clubs are in the closet for the year 😞 It's a bummer, but a reality of living here in the Northeast. 

On the good side, my tennis elbow has been feeling MUCH better since I haven't swing a club in over 3 weeks. I was able to move some scaffolds around yesterday for almost an hour with no discomfort at all, which is great. 

Usually this time of year I resort to club ho'ing in order to get my golf fix in, crossing my fingers that I'm able to avoid that this time around.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Golf clubs are in the closet for the year  It's a bummer, but a reality of living here in the Northeast. 
On the good side, my tennis elbow has been feeling MUCH better since I haven't swing a club in over 3 weeks. I was able to move some scaffolds around yesterday for almost an hour with no discomfort at all, which is great. 
Usually this time of year I resort to club ho'ing in order to get my golf fix in, crossing my fingers that I'm able to avoid that this time around.

That’s the problem living in NE. Occasionally we would make it to Thanksgiving but cold.....

Rick

Left Hand, 

My daughter's coming home from school for a week tomorrow, so I wanted to take her car out to run an errand just to make sure it was going to be OK after the cold snap we had. Sure enough, it won't start. I drove it a bit last week and filled the tank but the battery's down to 10% charge. It's actually the original battery in the 2005 Corolla, at that.

Of course, pulling a battery with gunked up bolts in 30 degree temps while it's pitch black is just a blast. Only gashed my knuckles twice. Oh well, at least she'll have a working car tomorrow...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 2 weeks later...
My daughter's coming home from school for a week tomorrow, so I wanted to take her car out to run an errand just to make sure it was going to be OK after the cold snap we had. Sure enough, it won't start. I drove it a bit last week and filled the tank but the battery's down to 10% charge. It's actually the original battery in the 2005 Corolla, at that.
Of course, pulling a battery with gunked up bolts in 30 degree temps while it's pitch black is just a blast. Only gashed my knuckles twice. Oh well, at least she'll have a working car tomorrow...

That's what Dad's do

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That's what Dad's do

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yup

Rick

Left Hand, 

Hey @tony@CIC!!  I am in the middle of moving to a new house.  Ugh!!  Lots of stuff accumulated from a lot of years to pack.  I was going through my golf memorabilia and found this golf towel...   Then I made the connection.

IMG_1187.jpeg.090e58358db90aa93c917311ef83cace.jpeg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Hey @tony@CIC!!  I am in the middle of moving to a new house.  Ugh!!  Lots of stuff accumulated from a lot of years to pack.  I was going through my golf memorabilia and found this golf towel...   Then I made the connection.

IMG_1187.jpeg.090e58358db90aa93c917311ef83cace.jpeg

Holy cow! How and when did you acquire that towel? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

Put the MIL in a memory care/assisted living place on Monday after she suffered a stroke a few months ago.  Watching a 91 yr old woman slowly go downhill is not for sissies.  My poor wife is an only child and devoting every waking moment to her mother now.  All I can offer is moral support to her honestly.

Life sure packs a punch sometimes, and it never seems to end.  You go from living under your parents roof, to can't wait to live on your own, to getting married and having your own kids, and when will these little rugrats be out of my house to, man I can't believe they grew up so quick, to oh wow, the parental units are starting to deteriorate and require more and more of my time.  

And through all of this your body starts breaking down.  You are invincible in your 20s; too busy trying to raise a family in your 30s;  need glasses and have lower back pain in your 40s; to everything is starting to hurt, and I need more sleep in my 50s.

Based on that trend I am so looking forward to my 60s and 70s, and God help me if I reach 80.  Watching my parents, etc in their 80s I really wonder if I can stand the pain and trauma that comes with being that old.

I do know one thing.  The people that look like they have their lives all together on Facebook and have no worries are full of crap and faking it publicly.

Sorry to hear about your MIL, we're currently dealing with a stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis in our family right now and it's ROUGH.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

On 11/13/2019 at 5:55 PM, Rickp said:

Guitar......After a few hours of playing “Smoke on the Water” you’ll be out banging balls aganemoji16.png

Believe it or not I can not read one note of music but I can play "Smoke on the Water" on a guitar. A musician friend taught me years ago. I play harmonica some and do not misconstrue that I AM not no Delbert McClinton

Now running a sound board I can do that---- Ran them for various bands on and off--- The last 10 years exclusively for Church---- I will never run another one in a beer joint or for a rock or country band strictly church or gospel band only. Not saying I do not still listen to rock or country some of it anyhow

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 11/13/2019 at 9:46 PM, Rickp said:

Watching a little bit of the CMA Awards show reminded me of the Bluegrass Performance Band.
Every Wednesday at a Rec Center they have from 1:00-3:00 the Bluegrass PB and it is a blast. Summer it’s OK but winter it’s gets great with some terrific musicians down to get out of the cold.
Some of these people are self taught country folk others have appeared at Grand Ole Opry but ALL are treated as performer equals, it’s a great couple hours.
Me & SWMBO will be there quite a bit.

Sadly no one around here is into Bluegrass--- I love it especially Bluegrass Gospel

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

28 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Sorry to hear about your MIL, we're currently dealing with a stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis in our family right now and it's ROUGH.

Not that this is a contest or anything, but that wins the misery award for sure.  I am too much of a wuss to think I can handle even a semblance of that sort of pain and misery.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Put the MIL in a memory care/assisted living place on Monday after she suffered a stroke a few months ago.  Watching a 91 yr old woman slowly go downhill is not for sissies.  My poor wife is an only child and devoting every waking moment to her mother now.  All I can offer is moral support to her honestly.
Life sure packs a punch sometimes, and it never seems to end.  You go from living under your parents roof, to can't wait to live on your own, to getting married and having your own kids, and when will these little rugrats be out of my house to, man I can't believe they grew up so quick, to oh wow, the parental units are starting to deteriorate and require more and more of my time.  
And through all of this your body starts breaking down.  You are invincible in your 20s; too busy trying to raise a family in your 30s;  need glasses and have lower back pain in your 40s; to everything is starting to hurt, and I need more sleep in my 50s.
Based on that trend I am so looking forward to my 60s and 70s, and God help me if I reach 80.  Watching my parents, etc in their 80s I really wonder if I can stand the pain and trauma that comes with being that old.
I do know one thing.  The people that look like they have their lives all together on Facebook and have no worries are full of crap and faking it publicly.
Life is just incredibly unfair sometimes and I think often we let it pass us by without truly appreciating all it has to offer.

My MIL passed away unexpectedly recently, a few days before Thanksgiving at age 61. It was awful to see. Couldn't stay in that room long. Been a rough week for all. The worst part is that her and my FIL were retiring at the end of the year and had a 3 month trip with their 5th wheel camper all around the south east.

I'm heart broken for my wife, her sisters, and her dad... And everyone that knew her. I'm sad because my daughter is only 8 months old and won't get to really know her. And I'm angry because I truly believe that the doctors missed signs the previous month that could have easily saved her life. Anger, sadness, and stress are just no fun to deal with.... And while it was incredible to see the line out the door for 3+ hours at her visitation... It still doesn't bring her back, nor does it eliminate all the what ifs that flow through your mind.

And what irritates me even more is that she and her employers paid money into the pyramid scheme called social security... And that's essentially gone besides a small death benefit. I knew that was the case as I've been a financial advisor for 10+ years, but it still really sucks. All families in this situation deserve better in that aspect.

Life is a great journey, but some of the stops along the way absolutely suck...

Here is a great picture we took at a wedding in August. I'm going to get it on canvas for the 3 sisters and dad for Christmas. I think it'll be nice to have hanging on the walls of their homes. IMG_0430_edit_3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Sorry to hear that - my father died of pancreatic cancer so I can relate. Tough way to go. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Sadly no one around here is into Bluegrass--- I love it especially Bluegrass Gospel

I love bluegrass. Here's a great band. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

DLK grows comically hideous mustache in observance of Movember initiative. Subsequently notes undeniable uptick in mustache clad spokespersons hawking all manner of products through social media channels. Draws amusement from notion that big data assumes will look favorably upon model with goofy mustache trying to sell anything. Dawns on that Father always sported distinguished mustache. Perhaps will keep mustache. What was brand of trendy mustache wax? Touché Big Data.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

On 12/4/2019 at 5:35 AM, tony@CIC said:

Holy cow! How and when did you acquire that towel? 

Back in the 1991, about the time I took up golf, I had a 2 week trip to the Portsmouth uranium enrichment plant south of Chillicothe.  My wife wanted to come home to visit family who lived by Lake Erie, so we flew to Toledo... I dropped her off near Fremont then drove south.  When I was finished working I drove back to Fremont.  She has a relative in Port Clinton, and I played CIC a couple of times while I was there.  

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Back in the 1991, about the time I took up golf, I had a 2 week trip to the Portsmouth uranium enrichment plant south of Chillicothe.  My wife wanted to come home to visit family who lived by Lake Erie, so we flew to Toledo... I dropped her off near Fremont then drove south.  When I was finished working I drove back to Fremont.  She has a relative in Port Clinton, and I played CIC a couple of times while I was there.  

The course is quite a bit different today than back in '91. About 12 yrs ago it expanded from a 9 hole executive course to today's 18. Also two of the original holes are now practice holes. Arthur Hills redesigned the course that combines  the original Parkland style  with the newer front 9 which is Links style. The US Open qualifier has been held here for the past 5 years.  https://cicclub.com/golfing. It's still owned by the Stouffer family (yes that one) and it's kept in immaculate condition. 

Does your wife still have family in Pt. Clinton? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

The course is quite a bit different today than back in '91. About 12 yrs ago it expanded from a 9 hole executive course to today's 18. Also two of the original holes are now practice holes. Arthur Hills redesigned the course that combines  the original Parkland style  with the newer front 9 which is Links style. The US Open qualifier has been held here for the past 5 years.  https://cicclub.com/golfing. It's still owned by the Stouffer family (yes that one) and it's kept in immaculate condition. 

Does your wife still have family in Pt. Clinton? 

I was a really lousy golfer back in the early '90s, probably a 30 'cap.  I don't remember the course at all.  

That would be my ex-wife!  But probably.  Her family had a farm in the shadow of Davis-Besse, and her sister was a grade school teacher in Port Clinton.  She would be long retired by now.  

What I do remember about that visit was that she drug me kicking and screaming to Cedar Point...  I hate roller coasters!!!!