Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

You guys remember the dog that we got?

Well he was a stray and we tried our best to train him. But he keep lunging at me, and I though he was going to attack me.

Unfortunately we had to find him a new home. Pretty bummed, I liked that dog.

But... my kids talked me into a black lab puppy.

Please help.

Too bad about the Rescue Dog , sometimes that happens. Your going to love the Lab, great family dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well he was a stray and we tried our best to train him. But he keep lunging at me, and I though he was going to attack me.

Please help.

Sorry to hear that about your dog. We had an Airedale when my youngest was a baby - the dog didn't like him and bit him lightly on the face - time for the dog to go! We found a great home for him with a guy who was recuperating from heart surgery. He called us after to let us know how much they bonded, so sometimes the dynamics don't work out between pet and family to matter how hard you try. 

You'll enjoy the Lab puppy! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Please help.

Hate to hear that. We adopted a little Manchester Chiuawawa mix when our Boston Terrier died. Now this little fellow had been mistreated and was very sick too. For some reason he bonded with my wife. He basically tolerated me and even bit me a couple of times not really bad. But finally me and him bonded and we are buddies now. In fact I am his play buddy and we play rough some but he knows I am not going to hurt him and he will not bite me hard. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

17 hours ago, Rickp said:

Never give them up. It’s like going to a Three Stooges movie, even better.

I’ve got one group where a few new guys joined up. A couple of them don’t want to play with some of the “older” guys whom they are better than. I don’t like that emoji90.png. There’s some neighborhood politics involved. With my knee needing surgery next year and SWMBO will need some procedures just makes it easier to walk away. I’ve had that group for over 7 years time to get away for a while.
I’ll still play but with a smaller group.

Sometimes change is good. Most of the bunch I played with Saturday was composed of part of the old Miura Mafia group. I had also been playing with what I call the NY Boys some but none of them showed up. But maybe I did not explain myself when I said group I meant group of courses on a package membership deal. Far as folks in a group I play with several usually who ever calls me first. Me I will play golf with any one as long as they are decent acting folks. I do not care about skill level or age--- heck if you are 70 years old and beat me fair and square then you beat me. I could care less because i do not play comp or for big money any more. I just like to play

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

Best pups in the world, after they do their best to chew the house down.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Sometimes change is good. Most of the bunch I played with Saturday was composed of part of the old Miura Mafia group. I had also been playing with what I call the NY Boys some but none of them showed up. But maybe I did not explain myself when I said group I meant group of courses on a package membership deal. Far as folks in a group I play with several usually who ever calls me first. Me I will play golf with any one as long as they are decent acting folks. I do not care about skill level or age--- heck if you are 70 years old and beat me fair and square then you beat me. I could care less because i do not play comp or for big money any more. I just like to play

I can attest to the skill level part of that 🤣

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

Best pups in the world, after they do their best to chew the house down.

I had a black lab as a kid.

His name was Wild Bill Cody the 31st.

Champion bloodline for field trials. Don’t really remember a whole lot about him, but he was a big old beast.

Heart worms and skin cancer got him early. 🥺

After hitting these last Saturday, you are my hero.  I was able to successfully size down to the i210's and i500's, but the BP's are in a league of their own.  To be honest, I like the look of the i500's the best.  If they had shifted my numbers more, I might be tempted.
Don't let them grind you to a pebble. An older colleague once told me that no matter how fast I turn-over the inbox, it will be re-filled just as fast.

Pulled this from the blueprint thread to respond to the bottom part. My line of work has unrealistic expectations from under trained people. There might be one or two people who care, and have the skills to help the team succeed. The rest are just along for the ride... literally.

The inbox is always overflowing. Just thinking about it gives me a migraine.

First time for everything... today my integrity was questioned.

The guy on the other end of the line probably has a headache. What a way to wrap up work before Christmas. I’ve held my crap together for these past few weeks, until today.

Can’t wait to celebrate Christmas and relax for 2 days before heading back to the nightmare.

Good luck, keep it together you’ll be fine. Have a great Christmas with the kids and new pup

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I had a black lab as a kid.

His name was Wild Bill Cody the 31st.

Champion bloodline for field trials. Don’t really remember a whole lot about him, but he was a big old beast.

Heart worms and skin cancer got him early. 🥺

Cancer got mine, too.  We got Bud around 7th grade and we practically grew up together.  He passed right after I graduated college and returned home.  I had a good decade with him, but it sure didn't feel like it.  He was a nice 105 lbs monster of a lab.  Most gentle big fella around.  Our entire family still misses him.  I hope that you guys enjoy the new pup and have many happy years with him!

Gameday

Classic Bag

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

First time for everything... today my integrity was questioned.

The guy on the other end of the line probably has a headache. What a way to wrap up work before Christmas. I’ve held my crap together for these past few weeks, until today.

Can’t wait to celebrate Christmas and relax for 2 days before heading back to the nightmare.

You know I do not honestly know how I would react if someone questioned my integrity whether in life or on the golf course.

You sound like me you have worked your whole life to keep your integrity intact-------- 

G

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Cancer got mine, too.  We got Bud around 7th grade and we practically grew up together.  He passed right after I graduated college and returned home.  I had a good decade with him, but it sure didn't feel like it.  He was a nice 105 lbs monster of a lab.  Most gentle big fella around.  Our entire family still misses him.  I hope that you guys enjoy the new pup and have many happy years with him!

Yep they are great dogs--- Another thing about them is when they get old they tend to go down in the back legs--- I have never owned one but have been around quite a few of them----- Of course all dogs like me no matter the size or breed and of course I like all dogs no matter the size or breed

G

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

That must be fun - watching them watch 😎

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You know I do not honestly know how I would react if someone questioned my integrity whether in life or on the golf course.
You sound like me you have worked your whole life to keep your integrity intact-------- 

It’s not something any of us would appreciate or accept.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop.

Yup, one of the best parts of Christmas and being a parent/gparent.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Does anyone else enjoy watching their children watch the NORAD Santa Tracker? They are torturing themselves sitting there watching every stop. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Created one of our favorite Christmas memories.    We were having our annual Christmas Eve party with family and close friends.  My daughter was watching NORAD and during the evening she basically told everyone they had to leave because she had to go to bed because Santa was getting close....if was about 7pm. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

It was a great tradition when the kids were little, and now I really miss it.  Enjoy it now before it's time to create new traditions.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

This is the first year in a very long time that we aren’t running around all over Michigan.

Nice big breakfast tomorrow, a nice roast for dinner. Then on Friday we are off to The Biltmore Estate to see it all decked out for the Holidays.

Then my favorite tradition. A huge New Years Eve Asian dinner. Not sure how or why this tradition started, but my wife and I have been having that for 14 years now.

That’s funny. We used to do an early Chinese on New Years Eve with my parents when they were alive. Was a great restaurant in Hartford that closed many years ago.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That’s funny. We used to do an early Chinese on New Years Eve with my parents when they were alive. Was a great restaurant in Hartford that closed many years ago.

We used to do Chinese with my grandparents on Christmas Eve I think it was when I was a little guy, but my grandma loved Mongolian Beef, and chicken fried rice, and sizzling rice soup.

Maybe I just altered the day. But I make all that stuff.

Getting hungry...

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

We do not have any kids or Grandkids------ But I will confess for some reason I like watching it for myself---- Someone with a degree in psychology needs to explain that one----By the way do not feel sorry for us we like things the way it is---- And starting tonight "Ralphie" as we call it the movie A Christmas Story is on for 24 hours and we will watch it over and over.  

G

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

This is the first year in a very long time that we aren’t running around all over Michigan.

Nice big breakfast tomorrow, a nice roast for dinner. Then on Friday we are off to The Biltmore Estate to see it all decked out for the Holidays.

Then my favorite tradition. A huge New Years Eve Asian dinner. Not sure how or why this tradition started, but my wife and I have been having that for 14 years now.

If you are talking about the Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC trust me you will love it. That place is spectacular even when it is not decked out for Christmas. I was lucky in the fact I grew up relatively close ( 90 miles) from it and got to see it all different seasons of the year 

G

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

We used to do Chinese with my grandparents on Christmas Eve I think it was when I was a little guy, but my grandma loved Mongolian Beef, and chicken fried rice, and sizzling rice soup.

Maybe I just altered the day. But I make all that stuff.

Getting hungry...

Well since it is just the wife and the little dog and I we do not do "traditional" Thanksgiving or Christmas food either. This past Thanksgiving we had home made Beef Enchiladas and other stuff. Tomorrow we have fresh caught Inlet Shrimp Cocktails with home made cocktail sauce with steamed Lobster Tails and home made Cole slaw. In the past when MIL was living and came down with BIL I usually did a big Low Country boil with crab ,shrimp and Whiting fish 

G

Well since it is just the wife and the little dog and I we do not do "traditional" Thanksgiving or Christmas food either. This past Thanksgiving we had home made Beef Enchiladas and other stuff. Tomorrow we have fresh caught Inlet Shrimp Cocktails with home made cocktail sauce with steamed Lobster Tails and home made Cole slaw. In the past when MIL was living and came down with BIL I usually did a big Low Country boil with crab ,shrimp and Whiting fish 

Living large
SWMBO has Lobster Tails and shrimp for tomorrow.

Rick

Left Hand, 

If you are talking about the Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC trust me you will love it. That place is spectacular even when it is not decked out for Christmas. I was lucky in the fact I grew up relatively close ( 90 miles) from it and got to see it all different seasons of the year 

Yes sir! My wife and I went about 13 years ago. It is a very spectacular place indeed.