Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Random Thread

ole gray

47 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Living largeemoji106.png
SWMBO has Lobster Tails and shrimp for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What time would you like us over 😎

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

What time would you like us over 

Hmmmm, let me get back to you

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Had a Orthopedic Doc appt. today. Crowded waiting room.IMG_0483.HEIC

Rick

Left Hand, 

My 14yo had his first ever date tonight. Apparently he thought wearing a Titleist t shirt was completely acceptable attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not??

Rick

Left Hand, 

Well... according to the 2019 edition of the MGS One Word Survey, the Titleist brand was at or near the top for Performance, Leader, Integrity, Quality, Trustworthy, but maybe a little arrogant.
So what's the issue?? 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yep they are great dogs--- Another thing about them is when they get old they tend to go down in the back legs--- I have never owned one but have been around quite a few of them----- Of course all dogs like me no matter the size or breed and of course I like all dogs no matter the size or breed
Yeah ours was 11 this past summer and while he still thinks he's a pup and has plenty of frisky left in him and wants to run and play, the hips and the back right leg are starting to fail him.......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My 14yo had his first ever date tonight. Apparently he thought wearing a Titleist t shirt was completely acceptable attire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if his date is into golf then it's ok

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 12/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, bens197 said:

Back in the office after a great holiday month. Missing my bucket up front but this will do emoji4.png

IMG_2930.JPG

Sorta brings back memories even though we did not have any Segraves or Oshkosh specialty built trucks. I mostly rolled via POV but we had a monster that only 2 of us in the dept was qualified to drive and it was a monster. It was a cab over F model Mack 2 stick 2500 gallon tanker. We only rolled that in a dire need of water. Right before I moved down here they bought a Freightliner tanker with an automatic transmission and the old Mack was sold to a rural department in Maine. Most of the time I was a front line firefighter. We had guys that lived right next to the station to roll trucks. I actually was the furthermost member from the station but closest to the interstate 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Sorta brings back memories even though we did not have any Segraves or Oshkosh specialty built trucks. I mostly rolled via POV but we had a monster that only 2 of us in the dept was qualified to drive and it was a monster. It was a cab over F model Mack 2 stick 2500 gallon tanker. We only rolled that in a dire need of water. Right before I moved down here they bought a Freightliner tanker with an automatic transmission and the old Mack was sold to a rural department in Maine. Most of the time I was a front line firefighter. We had guys that lived right next to the station to roll trucks. I actually was the furthermost member from the station but closest to the interstate 

A lot of people will not be able to say they had the privilege of driving a 2,000 gallon tanker. An old school Mack with a 4 on the floor is a real truck

The one in the photo is a 2017 Pierce107’ that I don’t particularly love. We had to bring it over to cover for my daily driver, the 2009 EOne 95’ 10 wheel bucket. I love that truck in so many ways.

I have to pinch myself sometimes just to remind myself I get paid to drive these things

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The first department I was on back in 77 bought one of the first E-1s ever built and it was not what I call a purpose built truck from the frame up. It was a pumper built on a Chevrolet C-60 chassis with a 454 CI gas engine. I think after I left that department and went back to Florida someone crashed that truck due to excessive speed responding to a call. That thing would haul buggy. After all the years messing with trucks in general I lean towards purpose built trucks from the ground up. A standard truck say a C-65 or a F-750 have way to high COG for the equipment needs of the fire service. The department that had the Mack had a squad unit we called "Unstable Mabel" It was a converted Bread truck had the Cascade system and huge military surplus generator among other equipment on it. It had twice the weight on it that it was designed for. I drove it twice once on an actual call and once on training--- I flat refused to drive it any more--- We did have one old guy that lived next to the station that drove it all the time though. After I left that department and moved here they ended up having a FL-70 built for that equipment. A few of the old guys are still living and I converse with them from time to time. LOL The Chief now was basically a kid when I was there and I took him in his first fire. We talk from time to time and I still call him "Rook"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Ben I will tell you another quick fire story if I do not bore anyone to tears-----   When I was doing my pump ops certification the instructor was a bud of mine-- He wanted to try a new pumper that our neighboring department had bought. It was a 4900 International with a puny DT-466 diesel. It was advertised at 1750 GPM. No way we ran the test and every time you got it near 1750  the clutch fan on the engine would kick in and kill the RPMs and cut it back to around 1250 or so. Now the pump was a Hale and certified but that unit did not have the balls power wise to turn that big Hale pump. I know that caused a whole lot of controversy and they had the guys from the Fire Academy in Columbia up there checking it. I think they ended up switching the chassis to a International with a C-10 Cat motor--- I also heard that the NFPA would not certify a unit no matter the pump to anything over 1250 with a DT-466 engine because it was not the only incident involving that engine. Those engines were fine delivery truck engines but not fit for the fire service.

G

Ben I will tell you another quick fire story if I do not bore anyone to tears-----   When I was doing my pump ops certification the instructor was a bud of mine-- He wanted to try a new pumper that our neighboring department had bought. It was a 4900 International with a puny DT-466 diesel. It was advertised at 1750 GPM. No way we ran the test and every time you got it near 1750  the clutch fan on the engine would kick in and kill the RPMs and cut it back to around 1250 or so. Now the pump was a Hale and certified but that unit did not have the balls power wise to turn that big Hale pump. I know that caused a whole lot of controversy and they had the guys from the Fire Academy in Columbia up there checking it. I think they ended up switching the chassis to a International with a C-10 Cat motor--- I also heard that the NFPA would not certify a unit no matter the pump to anything over 1250 with a DT-466 engine because it was not the only incident involving that engine. Those engines were fine delivery truck engines but not fit for the fire service.

Hardly boring...besides, this is a forum for random talk

It’s not uncommon for the new engine / truck / rescue committees to be composed of people who don’t operate these rigs. Put 8 people in a room who spend more time at the microwave than behind a wheel and those problems occur.

I’m fortunate to work in a District where that doesn’t happen; but I’ve seen firsthand the results of a poor design that doesn’t meet the needs of its citizens.

I spent nearly three years working on SE Florida and one of the coolest trucks I ran was a retro fitted military 6x6 for brush fires. Our fleet maintenance staff was so adept to refining these trucks to fit our needs. Simple engines and assemblies that were designed to break and would take little time and effort to repair.
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

11 hours ago, bens197 said:

Hardly boring...besides, this is a forum for random talk emoji4.png

It’s not uncommon for the new engine / truck / rescue committees to be composed of people who don’t operate these rigs. Put 8 people in a room who spend more time at the microwave than behind a wheel and those problems occur.

I’m fortunate to work in a District where that doesn’t happen; but I’ve seen firsthand the results of a poor design that doesn’t meet the needs of its citizens.

I spent nearly three years working on SE Florida and one of the coolest trucks I ran was a retro fitted military 6x6 for brush fires. Our fleet maintenance staff was so adept to refining these trucks to fit our needs. Simple engines and assemblies that were designed to break and would take little time and effort to repair.

We had one heck of a brush unit--- It was an old Jeep weapons carrier with a twist---- We put a Chevy 350 with automatic transmission and the 4wd still worked. We also put a Jeep power steering unit on it. Now it did not come from the factory with a heater so we bought what is called a Hot Box from NAPA and put in it. We also kept the PTO operated 10 ton winch on it. That truck was not only for brush fires but also emergency ops in ice storms etc. It was hell on wheels with chains on it in ice and snow. It had a 250 gallon tank on it. In the winter when we did not have brush fires we drained the tank because we did not need the extra weight for traction. 

G

We had one heck of a brush unit--- It was an old Jeep weapons carrier with a twist---- We put a Chevy 350 with automatic transmission and the 4wd still worked. We also put a Jeep power steering unit on it. Now it did not come from the factory with a heater so we bought what is called a Hot Box from NAPA and put in it. We also kept the PTO operated 10 ton winch on it. That truck was not only for brush fires but also emergency ops in ice storms etc. It was hell on wheels with chains on it in ice and snow. It had a 250 gallon tank on it. In the winter when we did not have brush fires we drained the tank because we did not need the extra weight for traction. 

Sounds like a lot of fun
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Any article that starts out with “Florida man” always gets a click from me 🤣
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

2 hours ago, ACslater said:
I've never been on a tanker or tender due to being in an urban FD, but hell yes to Macks!  I wish they still made fire trucks.  I was the chauffeur of a 1978 Mack Baker aerialscope for years.  That was the best truck I ever worked on.  

Mack Aerialscope 🥰

I see you’re from NJ...we ran Mack’s until the mid 80’s...real trucks. 

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

Do a quick search of “Charlie Woods golf swing” and enjoy the results.

Dad caddied for him last week at a Junior event; it’s a beautiful sight.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

Do a quick search of “Charlie Woods golf swing” and enjoy the results.

Dad caddied for him last week at a Junior event; it’s a beautiful sight.

It's interesting to see Tiger as a dad. I think that like all people, he is not perfect, but it's fun to see him in this different light.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

25º at 7:30am this morning as I was getting gas.  Looks like he was having fun...
IMG_1200.thumb.jpeg.a4210f4f7ec61af5f5d5a2a81322ba35.jpeg

How did he open the gas cap with his paws
I especially like the goggles.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 1/11/2020 at 10:26 AM, ACslater said:

I've never been on a tanker or tender due to being in an urban FD, but hell yes to Macks!  I wish they still made fire trucks.  I was the chauffeur of a 1978 Mack Baker aerialscope for years.  That was the best truck I ever worked on.  

I still drive a Mack but it ain't a fire unit. It is a hoss though 600 HP and it is a tractor trailer pulling a 48 foot steel hauling dump. Loved all the variations of the old B-61 Mack when fitted with fire apparatus. Some of the Baker Macks had a mid engine set up

G

On 1/11/2020 at 3:05 PM, Shankster said:

Found a halfway decent looking Byron Nelson 2 iron at a thrift store today...

Thought about buying it.

IMG_7039.JPG

IMG_7040.JPG

I would not even have a thought about NOT buying it----- Picture a fat man paying and running to the car

G

How did he open the gas cap with his paws
I especially like the goggles.

Reminds me of the Subaru commercials with the dogs driving

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation