Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Congratulations!! Huge milestone! Going to 30?

Nah, going to do one more tour and retire at 23!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

2 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

20 years in the US Navy today. Grateful! 😃

Congrats---- I am an ex swabbie myself and I think Fozzie is too

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 1/17/2020 at 6:31 PM, Shankster said:

Narrowly missed getting smashed into by some non-drivers by about 1/100th of a second. Good grief. Been here 6 months and witnessed more accidents than I’ve seen total in the rest of my life.

Pay attention people!!

Ohhhh when did you move to the Grand Strand area of South Carolina? Sounds like around here

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Ohhhh when did you move to the Grand Strand area of South Carolina? Sounds like around here

Try Florida in “Bird Season”! All you can see is Headless Cars with 2 hands on the steering wheel

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just wanted to stop by and say hey. Haven’t been around for a while, hoping that changes soon. The new position at my club is unbelievably stressful. Trying to balance life, work, and golf is a lot harder than I thought. Then throw in an interview I had at work to become the GM, and I’m stretched to the max. Hope to be back soon chatting away, and trying to learn a thing or two from you “seasoned” members. Just letting you know I haven’t bailed on MGS, just too many irons in the fire at this moment.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Based on my consistency in scoring, I have changed my screen name accordingly.  Maybe it's frustration; maybe it's embarrassment; maybe it's shame; but I am owning the name, "Mr. 82" until my scores and overall level of competence of my golf game prove otherwise.

What's the old cliche?  "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!"  Well, that's how I feel about my golf game.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

New haircut....  same ol' GSwag

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

Got online to pay the water bill today and as with lots of websites, got a code to confirm that I'm not a bot and this came up.20200120_154656.jpeg.21346fefd57595bcc8846c668226adff.jpeg
I just hope it's not an omen for the next round I play.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Now that’s funny

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 1/19/2020 at 3:30 PM, BIG STU said:

Lol, That’s for sure!

I don’t know what’s worse, the summer tourist or winter snowbird drivers.

i never heard the term “suicide lane” until I moved to the area. 17 is the only road I know of where you make better time in the right lane then the left...

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

5 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

Based on my consistency in scoring, I have changed my screen name accordingly.  Maybe it's frustration; maybe it's embarrassment; maybe it's shame; but I am owning the name, "Mr. 82" until my scores and overall level of competence of my golf game prove otherwise.

What's the old cliche?  "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!!!"  Well, that's how I feel about my golf game.

Okay, true story.

When I moved south 9 years ago, I moved into a new development in a golf community. My neighbors and I all moved in within days of each other. Naturally the guys all wanted to talk about their golf games when we first met.

I told my next door neighbor “My game is all over the place. I can shoot an 82 on a course, go back there the next day and shoot 92”... Well after playing together for a month or two, him and his wife presented me with a tee shirt they had made for me. It had a cartoon like golfer on the front with “Mr. 82” above him.

i thanked them, but asked why they had that particular design made. He smiled, and reminded me of what I’d said about my game. “I’ve seen plenty of 92’s, but I’m still waiting for a 82...” he said.

They moved back to West Virginia a few years ago, but we stay in touch. Every time I do shoot an 82 or better (not that it happens a lot, lol) I think of him, and how he’ always calls me Mr. 82.

15 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got online to pay the water bill today and as with lots of websites, got a code to confirm that I'm not a bot and this came up.20200120_154656.jpeg

Is it good or bad this is the first thing I thought of?

Chunk.gif

10 hours ago, ga_pike said:

New haircut....  same ol' GSwag

The first movie was better, especially the scene where they used KFC to sacrifice a chicken.

6 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Okay, true story.

When I moved south 9 years ago, I moved into a new development in a golf community. My neighbors and I all moved in within days of each other. Naturally the guys all wanted to talk about their golf games when we first met.

I told my next door neighbor “My game is all over the place. I can shoot an 82 on a course, go back there the next day and shoot 92”... Well after playing together for a month or two, him and his wife presented me with a tee shirt they had made for me. It had a cartoon like golfer on the front with “Mr. 82” above him.

i thanked them, but asked why they had that particular design made. He smiled, and reminded me of what I’d said about my game. “I’ve seen plenty of 92’s, but I’m still waiting for a 82...” he said.

They moved back to West Virginia a few years ago, but we stay in touch. Every time I do shoot an 82 or better (not that it happens a lot, lol) I think of him, and how he’ always calls me Mr. 82.

Well, you made the mistake of not trademarking it.  I'm gonna get golf shirts with that embroidered on it, as bad as I consistently suck at this game.

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Got online to pay the water bill today and as with lots of websites, got a code to confirm that I'm not a bot and this came up.20200120_154656.jpeg

man, and I thought MY luck was bad.  But that's funny.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:55 AM, Rickp said:

Try Florida in “Bird Season”! All you can see is Headless Cars with 2 hands on the steering wheel emoji33.png

I have enough Florida Buds on here and WRX so I can relate. Used to be the ones you had to watch out for were driving Buicks now most of them are driving Toyota Prius. Yeah we go through the same stuff you guys do on the highway and the golf course too

G

15 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Lol, That’s for sure!

I don’t know what’s worse, the summer tourist or winter snowbird drivers.

i never heard the term “suicide lane” until I moved to the area. 17 is the only road I know of where you make better time in the right lane then the left...

As far as being worse it can be a crap shoot. The summer tourists are ate up with the dumb arse and the snowbirds are on so many prescription meds they are in la la land. I love the normal summer tourist excuse  " Oh we are on vacation" that is their excuse for every screw up. I tell them 2 things

1--- You should have planned your vacation better

2-- Maybe you should have vacationed closer to home

If you think 17 is bad try 501--- Us truckers call 501 " Highway to Hell"---- I stay off it unless it is like 3 or 4 Am in the morning-- I will go around 22 to 31 to avoid 501

G

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

The negativity, cynicism, and outright ignorance about new releases by some on here is absolutely nauseating. 

If you don't care about new golf equipment and enjoying the game, why are you here? 

People get some sort of high by talking down about everything and telling people that they aren't enjoying the game correctly? 

Get the hell out of here. 

This is a community of golfers that like new equipment, old equipment, playing for best score, playing for fun. People who buy new equipment every month every year or every decade. 

Who gives anyone the right to be a source off constant negativity? Let's have fun. Talk about our experiences playing, trying new equipment, etc. 

This whining about new equipment and marketing is annoying and brings absolutely nothing relevant or interesting to our community. 

If you want to get on a soap box with hot takes, go post on Facebook or Twitter. 

I for one like the old stuff but I do not care what someone else plays---- I am also brand agnostic I will play what ever works and I can care less about the politics as I call it of marketing cycles or what ever. I have always been a proponent of there is no etched in stone way to properly play this game and that includes the swing as well as the equipment

G

45 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

As far as being worse it can be a crap shoot. The summer tourists are ate up with the dumb arse and the snowbirds are on so many prescription meds they are in la la land. I love the normal summer tourist excuse  " Oh we are on vacation" that is their excuse for every screw up. I tell them 2 things

1--- You should have planned your vacation better

2-- Maybe you should have vacationed closer to home

If you think 17 is bad try 501--- Us truckers call 501 " Highway to Hell"---- I stay off it unless it is like 3 or 4 Am in the morning-- I will go around 22 to 31 to avoid 501

501 is a nightmare, LOL.

I think the Legends group has the best deal down here, and I love other courses like Hackler, Wild Wing and King's North, but man that traffic... I just don't want to deal with it, and this is coming from a guy who commuted  from Eastern Long Island to JFK Airport for 30+ years..

Edited by Grand Stranded

52 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I for one like the old stuff but I do not care what someone else plays---- I am also brand agnostic I will play what ever works and I can care less about the politics as I call it of marketing cycles or what ever. I have always been a proponent of there is no etched in stone way to properly play this game and that includes the swing as well as the equipment

You are a great dude stu. I love your perspective on older equipment and what makes the game fun for you! 

21 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

501 is a nightmare, LOL.

I think the Legends group has the best deal down here, and I love other courses like Hackler, Wild Wing and King's North, but man that traffic... I just don't want to deal with it, and this is coming from a guy who commuted  from Eastern Long Island to JFK Airport for 30+ years..

And what is funny you are not the first New Yorker from that part of the country I have heard say that. Since The Founders Group closed my course Indian Wells I did not renew my Prime Times Card this year. The closest Prime Times course to me is TPC and I hate that place at this stage of life. I ended up with a Platinum card which I have 4 courses within 2 miles of me. I have Indigo Creek which is my new "home course" International , Blackmoor and Wacheasaw East. I do have a Legends card for now because Heritage is South of me and my bud Bear bought it for me for my birthday. I could have gotten a renewal on the Prime Times but I thought WTF? the closest courses besides TPC are all in Litchfield or Pawleys. And I will admit I am ticked at the Founders Group over that. With my platinum card I have a host of courses on the North and west end too.

G

23 hours ago, jlukes said:

The negativity, cynicism, and outright ignorance about new releases by some on here is absolutely nauseating. 

If you don't care about new golf equipment and enjoying the game, why are you here? 

People get some sort of high by talking down about everything and telling people that they aren't enjoying the game correctly? 

Get the hell out of here. 

This is a community of golfers that like new equipment, old equipment, playing for best score, playing for fun. People who buy new equipment every month every year or every decade. 

Who gives anyone the right to be a source off constant negativity? Let's have fun. Talk about our experiences playing, trying new equipment, etc. 

This whining about new equipment and marketing is annoying and brings absolutely nothing relevant or interesting to our community. 

If you want to get on a soap box with hot takes, go post on Facebook or Twitter. 

... Well said jlukes and I agree completely. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

8 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

And what is funny you are not the first New Yorker from that part of the country I have heard say that. Since The Founders Group closed my course Indian Wells I did not renew my Prime Times Card this year. The closest Prime Times course to me is TPC and I hate that place at this stage of life. I ended up with a Platinum card which I have 4 courses within 2 miles of me. I have Indigo Creek which is my new "home course" International , Blackmoor and Wacheasaw East. I do have a Legends card for now because Heritage is South of me and my bud Bear bought it for me for my birthday. I could have gotten a renewal on the Prime Times but I thought WTF? the closest courses besides TPC are all in Litchfield or Pawleys. And I will admit I am ticked at the Founders Group over that. With my platinum card I have a host of courses on the North and west end too.

I have a membership in Barefoot which they gave for free when you bought a new home or condo back about 10 years ago, so I play there most of the time. I also play in the Flounders, (which I think we have talked about before). They're a huge 100+ group that has quite frankly gotten way too big, so I only do that once or twice a month.

We've formed a Friday travel group of our own that usually has about 40 guys and we happen to be playing TPC on Friday, LOL. I think that Legends card is great. The 501 complex is a bit of a golf factory, the way they handle so many players per day. I like the courses and the card pays for itself in rewards. Plus how can you beat playing Heritage? It's away from the 501 complex, and it's such a nice golf course.

I'm surprised to hear about the Prime time, I've always heard that was pretty good. If I ever gave up my Barefoot membership, I always thought that would be the way I'd go. Have you ever tried GolfNow.com? I've never used it down here, but whenever I'm up on Long Island visiting, It has some great deals.

13 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I have a membership in Barefoot which they gave for free when you bought a new home or condo back about 10 years ago, so I play there most of the time. I also play in the Flounders, (which I think we have talked about before). They're a huge 100+ group that has quite frankly gotten way too big, so I only do that once or twice a month.

We've formed a Friday travel group of our own that usually has about 40 guys and we happen to be playing TPC on Friday, LOL. I think that Legends card is great. The 501 complex is a bit of a golf factory, the way they handle so many players per day. I like the courses and the card pays for itself in rewards. Plus how can you beat playing Heritage? It's away from the 501 complex, and it's such a nice golf course.

I'm surprised to hear about the Prime time, I've always heard that was pretty good. If I ever gave up my Barefoot membership, I always thought that would be the way I'd go. Have you ever tried GolfNow.com? I've never used it down here, but whenever I'm up on Long Island visiting, It has some great deals.

Golf Now may be ok for traveling but around here if you have a group card the group card is cheaper. I remember Bear's son booked us at Litchfield CC on Golf Now. I could not use my Prime Times card and golf now cost more. I told them no thanks and left. The idiot in the pro shop told me since they had booked on golf now I could not use my prime times card. I said ok and went to Indian Wells. Of course I know some higher ups in the Founders Group and I made a couple of phone calls that Monday. Yep he could have taken me off that group and took me as a single and let me use my card. Trust me that cat got his butt chewed. Next time I went to Litchfield I had a free round card and just grinned at the guy. I told him he was not messing with some tourist. I told Bear's son to never ever book me on Golf Now .com ever again.

When I retire and get a somewhat stable part time work schedule I hope to be able to play with a traveling group some

Edited by BIG STU

G

I have enough Florida Buds on here and WRX so I can relate. Used to be the ones you had to watch out for were driving Buicks now most of them are driving Toyota Prius. Yeah we go through the same stuff you guys do on the highway and the golf course too

I had a Condo in Surfside Beach for 19 years so I know what you mean.
Sorry to hear that Indian Wells closed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

I had a Condo in Surfside Beach for 19 years so I know what you mean.
Sorry to hear that Indian Wells closed.

You'd be shocked how many have closed in the last 2-3 years. 

Off the top of my head:

Indian Wells

Wicked Stick

Possum Trot

Waterway Hills

Heather Glen

@BIG STU Am I forgetting any that you can think of?

We haven't been to Myrtle Beach since Graeme McDowell won the US Open at Pebble Beach in 2010.  We used to go once a year but got burned out on it I guess.  Anyway, the golf course owned by Coastal Carolina and operated by the students is as enjoyable an experience as I've ever had in the game.  It's not touristy at all and is a very enjoyable course to play.  Those kids do a phenomenal job of maintaining the course as well.

Hopefully that hasn't changed over the past decade but that was always our favorite course in the Myrtle Beach area.

17 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

You'd be shocked how many have closed in the last 2-3 years. 

Off the top of my head:

Indian Wells

Wicked Stick

Possum Trot

Waterway Hills

Heather Glen

@BIG STU Am I forgetting any that you can think of?

I think you got it in that time frame. Not sure time frame wise but also Island Green and Heron Point

G