TESTERS WANTED! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

3 hours ago, sixcat said:

We haven't been to Myrtle Beach since Graeme McDowell won the US Open at Pebble Beach in 2010.  We used to go once a year but got burned out on it I guess.  Anyway, the golf course owned by Coastal Carolina and operated by the students is as enjoyable an experience as I've ever had in the game.  It's not touristy at all and is a very enjoyable course to play.  Those kids do a phenomenal job of maintaining the course as well.

Hopefully that hasn't changed over the past decade but that was always our favorite course in the Myrtle Beach area.

That is called the Hackler course now--- Named after Air Force Major General James Hackler. He left a sizable endowment to the University for the turf grass program which is ran out of that course. I believe he was also the commanding officer at one time of the Myrtle Beach Air Force base. It used to be called Quail Creek but was renamed Hackler about 5 years or so now.

This may be a little asinine of me but I get ticked off when people refer to it as The Hacker Course. IMHO it shows disrespect to General Hackler and his serving our country all his life and then generously leaving a lot of money for the turf grass program to carry on. Yep it is a pretty good layout and is usually in pristine shape. Our Golf Shop group used to play it all the time. In fact I met Dustin Johnson there when he was a Junior on the golf team at CCU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think you got it in that time frame. Not sure time frame wise but also Island Green and Heron Point

Yup , Island Green hurt 2 of my friends. They retired and bought into Island Green then a few years later closed.
Deer Track was another one that closed. I met my first Gator on Deer Track. I learned real fast what’s hit in the water stays in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Our original plan was to retire and winter in MB. I have a few Buds who live there and in Conway.

Rick

Left Hand, 

That is called the Hackler course now--- Named after Air Force Major General James Hackler. He left a sizable endowment to the University for the turf grass program which is ran out of that course. I believe he was also the commanding officer at one time of the Myrtle Beach Air Force base. It used to be called Quail Creek but was renamed Hackler about 5 years or so now.
This may be a little asinine of me but I get ticked off when people refer to it as The Hacker Course. IMHO it shows disrespect to General Hackler and his serving our country all his life and then generously leaving a lot of money for the turf grass program to carry on. Yep it is a pretty good layout and is usually in pristine shape. Our Golf Shop group used to play it all the time. In fact I met Dustin Johnson there when he was a Junior on the golf team at CCU

Wasn’t there a military GC that went public when Air Force moved out?

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Yup , Island Green hurt 2 of my friends. They retired and bought into Island Green then a few years later closed.
Deer Track was another one that closed. I met my first Gator on Deer Track. I learned real fast what’s hit in the water stays in the water.

I almost got bit by Island Green---- We had looked at several of those little octagon shaped houses on #1 fairway. For some reason the real estate people pissed us off and we decided to pass on a deal. Another guy I met through playing golf there had a condo on #7 they were from Virginia but stayed down here quite a bit and he took a bath on the deal too. Another bud of mine had a condo in those on #17 and it was for investment purposes and he used it as a rental unit. He sorta took a bath but as rich as he is and the stuff he has he shrugged it off and said "it is just a tax write off"

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I almost got bit by Island Green---- We had looked at several of those little octagon shaped houses on #1 fairway. For some reason the real estate people pissed us off and we decided to pass on a deal. Another guy I met through playing golf there had a condo on #7 they were from Virginia but stayed down here quite a bit and he took a bath on the deal too. Another bud of mine had a condo in those on #17 and it was for investment purposes and he used it as a rental unit. He sorta took a bath but as rich as he is and the stuff he has he shrugged it off and said "it is just a tax write off"

One of those friends had the Octagon shaped places, kinda weird.
Unfortunately his wife passed from cancer and he didn’t last much longer. Good time They didn’t make it to 72 in retirement.

Rick

Left Hand, 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Wasn’t there a military GC that went public when Air Force moved out?

Yep that was Whispering Pines over on the old AF base---- Now that turned into a can of worms and I sorta got involved with that one. The City of MB was given it by the Government. They tried to run it and it was a joke. You had city employees trying to run it and they thought their $hit did not stink. I used to book big golf packages from Charlotte usually big Calcuttas with 40 players or so. Well we booked that course and they were backed up and 4 of our group arrived 5 minutes late. They were running 30 minutes behind on tee times anyhow. The starter told the guys to check in and he would get the clubs put on etc no problem. Well the pro who was a city employee told them basically they were late and tough cookie. They came out and got me I went inside and told him what the starter said. He informed me the starter did not run that course he did. I told him who I was and I had booked the package. He told me he did not care period. I told him then he could refund the other 36 players money. He informed us no refund no raincheck. Then the Police were called and the so called pro got insulent with them. Finally one of our players who was a lawyer in NC said we will take it to court. He did get the Police Officers names and asked if a report would be made? The cop said "you are darn skippy" The so called pro told the cop any more from him and he would have him doing traffic duty.

The lawyer got in touch with one of his lawyer buds down here and the human deification hit the  rotating air mover so to speak. I actually had a meeting with 2 city council men. It never went to court we got full refunds. But the press got to investigating and found out the city was loosing about 350,000 a year on the place then the mess really hit the fan. BTW the "Pro" lost his job.

Well the city caught so much flack over the money loss the city proposed closing it as a golf course. Then the Feds stepped in No no no! it has to stay a golf course. They ended up leasing it to the guy who used to own TPC but sold it to the Founders Group. It is still a goat track always was when the Air Force did not own it. Played it about a year ago and will never go back period!!!

G

13 minutes ago, Rickp said:

One of those friends had the Octagon shaped places, kinda weird.
Unfortunately his wife passed from cancer and he didn’t last much longer. Good time They didn’t make it to 72 in retirement.

Right there is one of the reasons I am hopefully retiring this April at 62 years old---- My wife retired in April of 19 she is 9 months older than I am

G

Right there is one of the reasons I am hopefully retiring this April at 62 years old---- My wife retired in April of 19 she is 9 months older than I am

Retire as soon as you can afford it. I had to wait until 65 due to Health Insurance for my wife. Paid out of pocket for her for 1 1/2 years.
My Buddy in Conway wife past about 8 months ago (cancer) @ 73. Too freaking young.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I'm with Rick on this one - retire as early as you can afford it. You'll be amazed how much stress relief there is when you're not working - at least there was for me. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

D79F68D0-6A84-44F9-9659-B8516D4671E0-3054-00000076612BD6C0.jpg
I heard years ago that the US had 13% of the was Left Handed.

Rick

Left Hand, 

D79F68D0-6A84-44F9-9659-B8516D4671E0-3054-00000076612BD6C0.jpg.15ca766e2c8990b31b88f8b4ef96cc37.jpg
I heard years ago that the US had 13% of the was Left Handed.

Higher than I thought. I always used the 10% rule but stand corrected. Wonder if the 13+ % will make a difference to the big box stores, especially in the golf glove aisle.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Higher than I thought. I always used the 10% rule but stand corrected. Wonder if the 13+ % will make a difference to the big box stores, especially in the golf glove aisle.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

About 15 years ago I heard the 13% number from a a Lefty golf Pro. I always figured it was close.
I was also under the impression that Canada had a lot more Lefty’s than the US. I probably came to that conclusion due to Hockey Players and their LH shots.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Just had the urge to buy a pair of Vans, and an Element board with independent trucks, bones bearings, spitfire wheels, and shorty’s hardware...

What an odd thing.

Looks like I’m going to try and embrace my inner Tony Hawk... we share a birthday... pretty much brothers.

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just had the urge to buy a pair of Vans, and an Element board with independent trucks, bones bearings, spitfire wheels, and shorty’s hardware...

What an odd thing.

Looks like I’m going to try and embrace my inner Tony Hawk... we share a birthday... pretty much brothers.

Don't hurt yourself!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Want to thank @00sportsman for the nice gift he sent me. He told me that a percentage of the proceeds go to help the animals injured due to the bush fires back home.

1729840378_koalastrong.jpg.2048d2cc67118efc842b402ffdf00d16.jpg

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Want to thank [mention=76176]00sportsman[/mention] for the nice gift he sent me. He told me that a percentage of the proceeds go to help the animals injured due to the bush fires back home.

1729840378_koalastrong.jpg.2048d2cc67118efc842b402ffdf00d16.jpg

That’s Awesome

Rick

Left Hand, 

Don't hurt yourself!

Oh... I’m sure it’s going to happen.

My youngest wants one... what better way to teach him than showing him...?

It’s been about 18 years since I was on my last skateboard. Remember that day vividly, I was 18, hadn’t skated in a few years, went out and bought one all tricked out... went to my favorite skate park, fell on my you know what, found the nearest kid and handed it to him and never looked back.

Hmm... something ain’t right upstairs to make me think I can try that crap again... 18 years later... great.

In another installment of “you can’t make this stuff up”, Hunter Mahan’s wife is suing her brother in law for a 500k life insurance policy. The brother in law is SMU head golf coach Jason Enloe. Enloe’s wife died of leukemia in 2018. Which was the sister of Mahan’s wife.

Hunter Mahan has just shy of $30 million in career earnings. I guess they need that additional 500k for an 11th bathroom addition, a Kobe mural in the family gym and a 17th car!

I know we've got a few musicians in here, so I thought I'd share my winter project. I picked up this Special Edition Strat for $33.01, it showed up covered in sticker residue, dust and all other sorts of junk. The electronics were shot, but the neck and the body were in great shape (aside from one chip on the body that I didn't see until I cleaned it).

84352763_10163136073240089_4364883732876754944_o.thumb.jpg.f654837fff22d386d20cc37d1a072d11.jpg

Some elbow grease and Goof Off later, it looked way better. The neck, while straight, was bone dry and it looked like someone had stuck a pick in the high strings and left it there for at least 10 years or so. Look at the first fret, you can still see discoloration after 3 applications of lemon oil.

83430156_10163136075860089_3422406928465133568_o.thumb.jpg.29b9dc9ed62dd24f77be478ee00f2098.jpg

I wanted to go a bit retro and upgrade the pickups, so I ordered an aged white pearl pickguard with some lower level Alnico V pickups. Once that I came in, I soldered and installed it and here's the final product.

83623662_10163136077375089_8150368053876490240_o.thumb.jpg.7b4e3beee6001e51109d1b183034be5c.jpg

Total cost: less than $60. New these went for around $325, and they're great because they have full size necks and bodies unlike a lot of newer Squiers. It's not as good as my buddy's American made Fender Strat, but I can't play guitar well either so this one does me just fine. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

In another installment of “you can’t make this stuff up”, Hunter Mahan’s wife is suing her brother in law for a 500k life insurance policy. The brother in law is SMU head golf coach Jason Enloe. Enloe’s wife died of leukemia in 2018. Which was the sister of Mahan’s wife.

Hunter Mahan has just shy of $30 million in career earnings. I guess they need that additional 500k for an 11th bathroom addition, a Kobe mural in the family gym and a 17th car!

Beautiful....

Rick

Left Hand, 

13 hours ago, russtopherb said:

I know we've got a few musicians in here, so I thought I'd share my winter project. I picked up this Special Edition Strat for $33.01, it showed up covered in sticker residue, dust and all other sorts of junk. The electronics were shot, but the neck and the body were in great shape (aside from one chip on the body that I didn't see until I cleaned it).

84352763_10163136073240089_4364883732876754944_o.thumb.jpg.f654837fff22d386d20cc37d1a072d11.jpg

Some elbow grease and Goof Off later, it looked way better. The neck, while straight, was bone dry and it looked like someone had stuck a pick in the high strings and left it there for at least 10 years or so. Look at the first fret, you can still see discoloration after 3 applications of lemon oil.

83430156_10163136075860089_3422406928465133568_o.thumb.jpg.29b9dc9ed62dd24f77be478ee00f2098.jpg

I wanted to go a bit retro and upgrade the pickups, so I ordered an aged white pearl pickguard with some lower level Alnico V pickups. Once that I came in, I soldered and installed it and here's the final product.

83623662_10163136077375089_8150368053876490240_o.thumb.jpg.7b4e3beee6001e51109d1b183034be5c.jpg

Total cost: less than $60. New these went for around $325, and they're great because they have full size necks and bodies unlike a lot of newer Squiers. It's not as good as my buddy's American made Fender Strat, but I can't play guitar well either so this one does me just fine. 

Nice work - is that a black lacquer finish? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Nice work - is that a black lacquer finish? 

Yes it is. I went with the aged pearl pickguard to give it a little more of an understated look. I've seen some black lacquer Strats with bright white pickguards and they never look quite right to my eye.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

47 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Yes it is. I went with the aged pearl pickguard to give it a little more of an understated look. I've seen some black lacquer Strats with bright white pickguards and they never look quite right to my eye.

nice choice on the aged pearl!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Here's something completely random...

I was contacted by one of the owners of The Grint yesterday and was asked if I'd start a new chapter in my area. Of course I said yes, so those of you in the Akron/Canton area and use The Grint (and those that don't), in the next few days to a week, there'll be a new chapter in our area. It'll be call Akron TG Golf Club.

Stay tuned.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Callaway rewards program is really bugging me! Saved up a bunch of points and want to get a new bag. Tried in December but the bag was sold out. Told they would be back in stock in January. Waited through January and nothing available. Waited through PGA show for new bags to appear on site. Reward program is still listing last years bags so still can’t use the points. Callaway please update the rewards site to include available product!!!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 2/7/2020 at 6:21 PM, russtopherb said:

My first guitar when I was 12 was a squier strat Wayne's worlds edition. It was the catalyst to nearly 30 years and about 40 guitars worth of playing.

In all that time I also learned to wire, solder, replace, repair, and for about 35 seconds considered a luthiery trade.

One of the bands that I played in, my main guitar was a US les Paul classic honey burst that cost $1800. It was a beauty and a beast. The thing was heavy as $#!t and was really only good for gigs. My backup was an Epiphone LP gold top that I paid $250 for. Had some Gibson 72 pickups put in for an extra $100. The thing sounded and played every bit as good as my US and literally weighed half as much. After the band split, I sold the US LP and continued with the Epiphone for years and played in 2 other bands. In the end I think I had more memories and wrote more music with the Epiphone.

If done right and maintained correctly, those can be some sweet guitars.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Edited by azstu324

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Off to meet up with some folks @ Red Sox Nation and “Oil Can” Boyd.IMG_0635.PNG

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, Shankster said:

Oh... I’m sure it’s going to happen.

My youngest wants one... what better way to teach him than showing him...? emoji51.png

It’s been about 18 years since I was on my last skateboard. Remember that day vividly, I was 18, hadn’t skated in a few years, went out and bought one all tricked out... went to my favorite skate park, fell on my you know what, found the nearest kid and handed it to him and never looked back.

Hmm... something ain’t right upstairs to make me think I can try that crap again... 18 years later... great.

I did this a few years ago, not with a board but with a bike. Tried to show my kids I could still do a wheelie. 6 stitches in eyebrow and I haven't tried since.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Off to meet up with some folks @ Red Sox Nation and “Oil Can” Boyd.IMG_0635.PNG.cdbccc746b4f73f2392e2d476f109658.PNG

That's honestly one of the coolest nicknames ever. Never got to see him pitch, that I can remember. Growing up watching baseball in the south we only had two options, the Braves on TBS and the Cubs on WGN.

It sounds like you're going to have a great time, enjoy it!

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app