Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Random Thread

ole gray

Yep. This is just weird watching the Red Sox play to an empty stadium with cardboard “fan” cutouts on the Green Monster and hearing fake crowd noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched opening day games Red Saux looked good but Orioles are not exactly good team.
Have free MLB all weekend I’ll take advantage of it. Maybe sign up again.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, Rickp said:

Watched opening day games Red Saux looked good but Orioles are not exactly good team.
Have free MLB all weekend I’ll take advantage of it. Maybe sign up again.

Yeah I'm not getting too hyped up over a 13-2 win over the Orioles. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Going to try the Claw grip. Seems like a good idea and feels good.

Will implement it tomorrow without any practice 😂

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Yeah I'm not getting too hyped up over a 13-2 win over the Orioles. 

Just got home and Sawx losing 7-2. Ends the winning streak at 1.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Maybe golf really is declining.  This week I have received three subscription offers; two from Golf Magazine and one from Golf Digest.  I have never subscribed to Golf Digest, and I terminated my Golf Magazine subscription years ago.  I haven't received any offers until now.  They must be hard up.  
It's curious that I received one Golf Magazine offer at home, and the other offers I received at my wife's business address.  I've never had a subscription of any kind delivered there, but it's where all of my golf purchases are delivered.  Somebody sold my shipping address to Golf and Golf Digest!!

I subscribed to both for years and then dropped them a couple of years ago. This year Gold Digest started sending me magazines again along with the bill telling me my subscription was about to run out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

On 7/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, yungkory said:

Stop ordering from baby Gap!

Lmao, some random dude has this on their wedge

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

On 7/10/2020 at 9:41 PM, Kenny B said:

I need a new lawn mower.  My wife doesn't like the self-propelled Toro we've had for 6 years.  It starts with one pull nearly always, runs great.  She just doesn't like the vibration and it's heavy.  So, what should I get?  I know I'm going to catch some flak here, so give it your best shot!!  I can take it!!

Thanks to all for the mower suggestions.  I had been looking at the EGO for awhile, and it's rated very highly for a battery powered mower.  Last week I went to the local mower dealer where I bought my Toro 22" self-propelled mower 6 years ago.  Toro makes a 60V self-propelled mower that is identical to my gas version.  I really like the Personal Pace self-propelled drive that Toro has over other mowers drive systems; easy to control speed up and down and backing up.  It was on sale, so I bought it.  Since I bought my old mower from them, they gave me  $160 trade-in.  Yesterday, my wife and I mowed, and she is happy with the less vibration.  The battery still had power left when we finished in just under an hour.  However, since it's 100º+ every day, the lawn isn't growing much so we will see if it lasts when the lawn starts growing again.  I suspect I will add the higher 7.5 aH battery in the future, as well as the Toro 60V string trimmer.  We have a lot of concrete edging around our yard.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

11 hours ago, Shankster said:

Really could go for about 400 acres in Montana right now.  That way I would not have to worry about distancing myself from people who do not give a crap about anything or anyone.

The wife and I have talked about this but too far from family. Carolinas in our future

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I'll take that too

We're noticing a spike in real estate sales. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

32 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Houses can’t get on the market fast enough here. They’re going so fast and way above value 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

I subscribed to both for years and then dropped them a couple of years ago. This year Gold Digest started sending me magazines again along with the bill telling me my subscription was about to run out.

They did the same thing to me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

53 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Real estate here in northwest Ohio is going through the roof.  Our agent said most aren't even getting to MLS - they're selling before the listing and on average 97% of initial ask price. Crazy world. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

The wife and I have talked about this but too far from family. Carolinas in our future

My last tour we were 3 hours from home.  No one ever came to visit, maybe 4 times in 5 years.  Always wanted us to come to them.  7 people traveling vs 2-3 people traveling... 🤔 (maybe I’m just an A-Hole)

We decided that we aren’t going to pick places for the proximity to family anymore.  Sounds terrible, but what is the point?  

Maybe my twilight tour...

2 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Houses can’t get on the market fast enough here. They’re going so fast and way above value 

3%/30 terms are pretty attractive and lots of folks are rethinking the rural vs. metro decision. Even more than normal out of state folks are buying MT property.  I see that Bellingham is not all that far from Boston.  My parents and most relatives were from Framingham and Natick.  I haven't been in that area since my single digit years on those loooong road trips from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.  Stuckey's Gas Stations and Howard Johnson's all the way there and back 🤪.

6 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

3%/30 terms are pretty attractive and lots of folks are rethinking the rural vs. metro decision. Even more than normal out of state folks are buying MT property.  I see that Bellingham is not all that far from Boston.  My parents and most relatives were from Framingham and Natick.  I haven't been in that area since my single digit years on those loooong road trips from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.  Stuckey's Gas Stations and Howard Johnson's all the way there and back 🤪.

My mother grew up in Framingham. 15 minutes from here. I bought my house low and have significant value on the resale currently. 
people are putting offers in on houses with middle 5 digits over value to wrap it up it’s insane 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

If I didn't buy the house I did I would have applied for the one firefighter paramedic job in Montana that came open a month ago. That is my dream state to live in and when I retire it's where I'm going to move to.

9 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

If I didn't buy the house I did I would have applied for the one firefighter paramedic job in Montana that came open a month ago. That is my dream state to live in and when I retire it's where I'm going to move to.

That was the case with us as well.  We went to Montana for 90% of our vacation time.  Neither of us are city people and after 30 years in the Seattle area, this never looked so good.

montana.png.a288228c6fe7340af595b5c32ba5be2e.png

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

That was the case with us as well.  We went to Montana for 90% of our vacation time.  Neither of us are city people and after 30 years in the Seattle area, this never looked so good.

montana.png.a288228c6fe7340af595b5c32ba5be2e.png

If I would have moved I'd have friends visiting and staying with me for a month hunting birds

I just completed the Netflix mini series The Last Dance about the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan.  It was excellent, seriously one of the best done sport documentaries I've seen.  Some discussion about this started in the CC4 thread, but rather than steer that one off topic, I decided to lay the gauntlet down and make my proclamation.  Michael Jordan is the best player, at any position, to have played the game, and the Chicago Bulls team during that period is the arguably the greatest sports dynasty to date. MJ's desire to win and ability to raise his game to whatever level was needed to do so is like none other I've seen.  

I'm sure we'll hear from the New England and New York fans once the smelling salt do their thing 🤣.  

Anyway, crazy good and entertaining to watch... highly recommend it 👍.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80203144

My N95 mask decided to self-destruct on me mid shopping trip. Strap broke. These things are rare commodities these days.

Updated 07/15/2022

2 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

My N95 mask decided to self-destruct on me mid shopping trip. Strap broke. These things are rare commodities these days.

I've had more of them blow out like that than just about anyone probably because we wear them all the time at work. Could be worse be glad it was just when shopping and not in a room with someone who has COVID 

My company is preparing to produce millions of these N95s but selling them is the biggest bunch of political BS I have ever seen. Makes me wish we didn’t even bother.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

We get a lot of posts asking what people use for shots around the green, and I happened to see a post on Instagram that shares what I was taught. Sound advice!

7F2E1ECD-2A44-42F2-BF8A-51DC5076669E.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We get a lot of posts asking what people use for shots around the green, and I happened to see a post on Instagram that shares what I was taught. Sound advice!

7F2E1ECD-2A44-42F2-BF8A-51DC5076669E.jpeg.b123c8c030feb47c6596f4825135e38a.jpeg

Simple but true for me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

7 hours ago, PMookie said:

7F2E1ECD-2A44-42F2-BF8A-51DC5076669E.jpeg

I saw Hank Haney write that some years ago and have tried my best to follow  it. The theory is it's easier to control the ball on the ground than in the air.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 7/28/2020 at 1:54 PM, MattF said:

I saw Hank Haney write that some years ago and have tried my best to follow  it. The theory is it's easier to control the ball on the ground than in the air.

My instructor said that more than 10 years ago.  It's great advice, IF you spend a little time learning how the ball rolls from off the green, then on the green.  It takes some practice.  Some grass off the green is slow and some is quicker, so you need to know how much different putting on it is from putting on the green.  Don't expect to get the ball close to the pin if you've never done it before.  

Mrs. Parker (a lady at my club) can putt the ball close to the pin from 15 yards off the green.  My wife (who is a much better player) can get the ball closer to the hole by chipping from 3 feet off the green than she can by putting, so know your skills and choose your shot accordingly.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”